Faux Fur from Hood Advice

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by kylet3, Oct 27, 2010.

1. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I know this is going to sound pretty stupid but I am seeking advice anyways... I have the HBC 2010 Winter Park (Team Canada) and there was the Faux Fur on the hood, well the faux fur on the hood acidentally got put through the laundry and it came out really clumped and just really blah on the one end.

I just wet it down this morning and been putting a fine tipped comb to get most of the clumps out but I dunno what else to do...

What would you suggest I do? Anyone know where I could buy a replacement to put onto the jacket?

Thanks,

Kyle

2. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston New Member

3. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I've had better luck with a pick than a comb. Get an afro pick or a teasing comb and see how it looks.

Most fabric stores carry the fur trims. Also, check out the post Halloween sales at the costume shops. Many will sell an item for less than you'd have to pay for the trim. I've yet to find a reliable online fabric store, so I'd recommend checking out the one nearest you. (btw, general cr*p fabric stores like JoAnn don't usually carry this type of specialty trim)

4. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

I tried the Yahoo site and Im going to leave it overnight and hopefully that will do the trick!

5. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Sadly it didn't work with the conditioner either that or I didn't do it right... I really don't know what to do anymore, maybe my mom can fix it, I'm going to try a custom fabric store in the city here and see what they can't find.

6. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

I know this is a long shot, but try calling the company. You may be able to get a replacement piece. Probably not, but it can't hurt to try.

Have you tried a blow dryer on a low setting?

7. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

it was an HBC Team Canada 2010 Olympic Parka so they aren't in stock anymore sadly.

Blow Dryer not yet, there are a bunch fabric stores here I am going to try

8. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

But, the company may make the same style hood for other parkas. They may have a fur strip that fits your jacket. As I said, it's a long shot, but I'd call them. Worst thing that happens is they say no, but....maybe, if the stars are aligned just right ;).

9. luenatic

luenatic Well-Known Member

It's project runway time. Start sketching right now. You'll have 15 minutes to shop in Mood. Make it work!

10. immoimeme

immoimeme having a nice day

Did you put it thru the dryer? I am NOT saying to do that!!!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  11. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

Did the jacket go through the dryer as well? If so, then it's possible that the faux fur was heat damaged, in which case, you cannot fix it. You would need to replace the faux fur trim. Others have given you advice on where you may be able to find appropriate trim.