Fake iPad 2s made of clay sold at Canadian stores

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by jlai, Jan 18, 2012.

1. jlai

jlai Title-less

2. Louis

Louis Tinami 2012

I've stopped using eBay because of similar scams.

A buyer can claim your item is not as advertised, mail you back a bag of rocks with the same weight, and get a "free" item. As long as he has proof of delivery, you're stuck.

3. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

hehehehehe If/when I buy an iPad it will be from the Apple store and no where else. LOL

4. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

They need to reinstitute feedback for buyers. We've been selling stuff lately, and I'm shocked at how crappily the buyers behave.

Replacing an Ipad with a clay tablet, however, does give me a good chuckle. (The bookapocalypse is coming!)

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Poor Sandhu, always the unlucky one. :(

6. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

7. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

It's not just the level of dishonesty in people. It's the level of dishonesty of the stores that they don't even bother to check the packages before they re-sell them. This sort of mercenary behaviour is why I refuse to even set foot in Future Shop or Best Buy.

8. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

^^ Yeah, unless the perpetrators fired out a way to reseal the shrink wrap packaging, so that it looks unopened, the package should be checked. I can see, however, if the package looks like it was never opened, they might not. I would not purchase an Apple product that had been opened, regardless of whether a previous buyer or a store person opened it. But, I agree with Buzz, I would only buy Apple Products at an Apple store.