Face Off on Syfy channel

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by mpal2, Jan 12, 2012.

1. mpal2

mpal2 Well-Known Member

Anyone watching this reality show/competition?

http://www.syfy.com/faceoff/

I saw the first season and I'm thrilled that they are doing a second one. It looks like there are going to be some really good creations with this season based on the previews. :)

2. emason

emason Well-Known Member

I didn't even know they had a first season; I missed it completely. I did, however, DVR the new episode and plan to watch it today. I'll let you know what I think.

3. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

I'm so glad they are doing a second season. My daughter has ambitions to be a special effects artist, and she loved the first season and found it very inspiring.

4. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

Loved the first season and watched last nights episdoe. The older guy with the long black hair seems like he's the cocky one of the bunch. Glad the ladies witch design was better than his.

5. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

I saw promos for it last season and thought it was about cosmetic/reconstructive surgery. Not interested, so I never looked at a single episode.

This year's promos were better and they piqued my interest. I watched a bit on YouTube - I get it now. Interesting to watch them "morph." I'm not stoked about the competition angle, though. I can't see myself rooting for one over the other and I'm tired of over-the-top competitors posturing on these types of shows.

6. mpal2

mpal2 Well-Known Member

I think they still have Season 1 episodes at the link I first listed if anyone is interested in seeing it.

7. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Oh neat! I had not heard of this before but it sounds like something I would like. I fins special effects makeup to be incredible.

8. BigB08822

I watched the first episode of season 2 tonight. I do not know how Brea won. The witch was decent but every time I looked at the witch it was so obvious that the chin was fake. It just looked very obvious to me that it was a prosthetic. I thought the womens Scarecrow was 10x better in concept and execution. She would have easily won for me. I agree with the mens team losing and Greg going home but the womens Tin Man was pretty awful and I would have probably sent one of them home if they weren't safe by being on the winning team. All that being said, I know nothing about this stuff. lol

9. icecat

icecat Active Member

This is by far my favorite show on tv these days. Brings back so many outstanding memories of college theatre and hanging out with Rick Baker at Chicago Comicon...he and Bruce Campbell are my secret heroes.:swoon:

Ozzisk8tr and (deleted member) like this.
  10. luenatic

luenatic Well-Known Member

I really like this show. Last year's winner was head and shoulder above the others. We shall see if anyone stands out this season.

11. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

Not to mention he was also very :grope:. So glad they are doing another season.

12. BigB08822

Yes he was! I didn't watch last season but he was on the first episode of this season and I was like :grope:

13. AnnieBgood

AnnieBgood Active Member

Watched the first season. My bf and i loved it.

The woman that hosts it is from Passions. I knew I knew her for the first few episodes.