Fabian Bourzat

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by arakwafan2006, Mar 15, 2013.

1. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

I actually like P&B before i continue. I think they make deliberate strides to be different from the rest. While they do have weaknesses that keep them eyons away from the top two teams the weakness i want to discuss is Fabians expression. Am i the only one who thinks that he skates like a grinch? His posture and body line are already unrefined but i can get with that as he looks to personify a very masculine demeanor. His facial expression however is just extinct. If you compare him to Luca Lanotte there is just NO comparison. Luca truly embodies the character the moment he steps onto the ice and is also very masculine in his presentation.

I just wanted to see if i am the only one who finds Fabians lack of expression to be poor. Nathalie not only looks the part but also looks like she truly enjoys what she is doing. The can-can yesterday was very original and much different from the rest of the team. She got an audience reaction as soon as she flipped her skirt. It was not just that she was showing her underwear but also the way that she did it. Fabian on the other hand looked like he wanted to be somewhere else. Also, please dont cite his recuperation as a reason. Nathalie herself has been quoted as calling him grumpy.

2. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

I don't think he skates like a grinch. I think he has lots of variations of personality.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  3. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby Member

I also think Bourzat could use a bit more expression in his skating. Nathalie is definitely the one that gets the audience going and Fabian just skates along.

4. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

I think he could do with more expression to me he never looks as though he is enjoying skating.
    Nathalie on the other hand is wonderful .I must admit I am a little bit worried for them tonight .They are going to have to skate all out .I hope they haven't changed anything in the FD .I noticed they changed the lift in the SD no doubt to look after Fabian .
    I am a big fan of theirs and French dancers in the past .:)
    Can't wait to follow P/C in years to come.:)
    Anyway good luck Nathalie /Fabian :cheer:

5. sequins

sequins Active Member

P/B are my 2nd fave team and I love Fabian but I agree with you. Sometimes it does seem like he's just along for the ride. Still I love them and him and I wish them well today but honestly not a fan of their FD this year and I like B/S FD(one of only 2 I'm fond of, bad year for the FD IMO)

6. rustyskater

rustyskater Active Member

Yes. The FD this year has not been good. Fabian was very upset at the kiss and cry . . . stormed off after the low marks came up.

7. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby Member

It's good that the skaters show their true emotions and not just smile acceptably while the judges hammer them.

8. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

I don't think he's "just along for the ride". I have a feeling he really suffers from nerves.

9. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

It's not like they earned more than they got.

I am sure I would do worse than he did if I were in their situation, but it's a bit immature to stomp off like that.

He does come across a bit haughty, for lack of a better word.

10. rustyskater

rustyskater Active Member

I'm afraid with that immature behavior, he may have lost his team the bronze or other Sochi medal. A true pity.

11. dcnative

dcnative New Member

I have watched all of their programs on youtube, and have to say that Fabian gets into his roles (i.e. their circus program, and charlie chaplin). I do think that he was still in pain during this Worlds which is why they changed their SD lift and some other elements of their FD that would have required him to bend the injured leg. They have both skated the SD and FD with much more expression this season. However I've also noticed that they choose programs that emphasize the difference in personalities and genders and that works for them. I'm not sure that he was angry with the judges marks more than he was generally angry with himself/the situation. They just seem to have bad luck when it comes to Worlds.

12. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

He stomped off at 2011 Worlds, too, and I believe he was angry with himself back then. Didn't hurt them any the next season.

I agree - I don't find him expressionless at all; it's just that Nathalie is such a superb actress on the ice that it can be difficult to get noticed next to her. But Circus and Chaplin are definitely programs in which he showed what a good performer he can be. Beating up the inflatable alligator in George of the Jungle was also a highlight ;)

They really do need to play up the "returning from injury" explanation in order to still be considered contenders next year. Because the last team that was in that position (bronze to 6th pre-Olympics) was Khokhlova and Novitski, and that did not end well.

13. sequins

sequins Active Member

Yes perhaps that wasn't the best choice of words, he could work on his expression lets put it that way. But maybe it's because Nat is so good. Anyway I was heartbroken for them yesterday. 95 and 6th? No wonder he stormed off and I agree it's probably out of frustration from the injury and performance rather than the marks. I'm sure he accepts them but it's gotta be hard to take.