Eyelash extensions and growth serums

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Gazpacho, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Gazpacho

Gazpacho Well-Known Member

Does anyone have experience with eyelash extensions (the type you have applied in a salon) and/or growth serums? I'm not talking about the eyelash enhancers that do nothing but rather stuff like Revitalash, Latisse, Rapidlash, etc.

For eyelash extensions, my concern is mostly with the maintenance. Do you have to avoid certain activities, cleansers, or otherwise have to adjust your lifestyle--if only slightly--to accommodate the extensions?

For the serums, I'm most concerned about whether my skin will react and my eyes will sting. I have very sensitive skin, and I certainly don't want the rims of my eyes to swell, flake, or itch. Please don't lecture me on long term health uncertainties. I'm only interested in hearing about short-term skin and eye reactions.

2. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Latisse works. End of story. Long lashes galore. :glamor: You have to try not to get the stuff in your eyes but that should be easy. It was developed from eye drops for patients with glaucoma so the original intention was to put it in the eyes. Then Allergan noticed that these glaucoma patients grow massive eyelashes, they diluted the product, made it a topical eyelid application and sat back to listen to the sound of CHA-CHING :bribe:.

Some patients with hazel eyes reported darkening of the iris (the colored part of the eye) but IIRC, these were the patients that used the eye drops for glaucoma, not actual Latisse for eyelashes.

3. mila19

mila19 New Member

I'm using Jan Marini eyelash conditioner and it works. I have very sensitive eyes and reactive skin so it was a bit of a leap of faith but haven't had any problem and I'm using it from almost 2 months now. Also it's supposed not to have any prostaglandin.

4. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i use lilash, they sell it where i get my hair cut no prescription. it works and i havent experienced any side effects. the tube is supposed to last a month but it lasts closer to 5 or 6.

5. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

i used the eye drops for glaucoma (I ended up not having it). My eyes did not change color and my lashes grew. The only side effect I had (when the dose was doubled) was that I had problems with my hearing. The purpose of the drops is to open the eye drainage duct wider. Apparently it also did had the same effect on my ears, which reduced my hearing. The problem went away as soon as I stopped using the drops. So did the extra long lashes.

I think that a watered down version of the medication would be safe. The effects while cumulative are not permanent.

The medication I used was Allergan.