Evgeni Plushenko won’t bother with figure skating Grand Prix season: DiManno

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sugar, Dec 5, 2012.

1. lala

lala Well-Known Member

Yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRpm4ddfOQ0

TRANSLATION:

"Evgeni Plushenko: I'm not going to surprise, I just need to do my job"

The next week Sochi will bring together all the best skaters of Russia. In addition to winning the national championship, winners will qualify for the European Championship 2013.
    Many candidates, but one of them is sure to be a magnet for the eyes. Turin's Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko had to deal with the effects of old injuries and now is preparing for his first official start of the season.

Evgeni Plushenko, Olympic champion in 2006:
    "At the first competitions is hard to perform. I not had some intermediate competition. It's not turned this season. Because of injuries, because of the knee, because of my back. Three weeks ago I had surgery on my back, and now I'm recovering. But nothing, in principle, I must to cope."

Work in such a state is not easy, in fact, because the task ahead Plushenko sets only maximum. Fans of his talents are used to the fact that Evgeni always find unexpected solutions. Will be there surprises this time?

Evgeni Plushenko, Olympic champion in 2006:
    "Something surprising? I'm not going to surprise, I just need to do my job, skate, as I can, cleaning program. Because after the Russian Championship is the European Championships on which I hope to go. If I worthy perform at the championship of Russia, and will be ready for the European Championships, then, of course, I would be happy to go."
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  2. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

It was the point value increase and the change in underrotation rules. They eliminated the risk of someone being like Takahashi and doing more than 3 rotations and getting no points. That's what happened to him in Vancouver. More value and less penalty.

Plushenko deserved to win because of everything he did. Doing he quad triples and other jumps and the steps and spins and doing a complete program. Not one that unlike the previous 2 Olympic champions abandoned the quad jump. Fernandez bombed his sp but deservedly won the free skate but he bombed he sp too badly.
  3. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

The change in under-rotation rules didn't happen right after Vancouver: it wasn't put into effect until last season. It's hard to imagine Plushenko caring about the value of an under-rotated quad, since he rotates his, and I don't remember Mishin complaining about the under-rotation penalty, either.