Evgeni Krasnopolsky splits with (insert name)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by fan, Dec 29, 2012.

1. 2sk8

2sk8 Active Member

I didn't mean "makes no sense" as in confusing. I meant it more as, Boris Chait (commonly referred to as the "Federation," in this case :) ) is often in Hackensack, Galit is there coaching, basically the whole Israeli team is there training - at the same rink, same times. So, "makes no sense" as in just a bizarre situation.

I therefore assume it was a conscious decision not to air a lot of details, and likely an appropriate one. I wish them all the best!

2. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

I don't know about you two, but in the interest of fairness and the :watch: factor, I'd be willing to make an exception in this case.

Wouldn't he tell whoever contacts him to talk to the federation? :p

3. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Definitely. I don't care about whole imported team if it means that she will beat her ex-partner regularly in competitions. Actually, I think it would help to increase level of pair skating in Israel, if both teams were so serious about beating the other team. :lol:

4. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

Well - Krasnapolsky's email is on ice partner search, so whoever is keen on asking him anything can email him.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Please don't send him death threats, though. :p

6. Andrey aka Pushkin

Andrey aka Pushkin Brezina's Nemesis

Oh, knowing him, he's going to reply "Please direct all the questions to the press-secretary of the Israeli Federation blah blah blah".

He really came out as a jerk on more than one occasion now, and I'm rather disappointed.

7. kosjenka

I am seriously pissed because of this split...

So very few pairs dont suck and Davidovich & Krasnapolsky just started and not only did they not suck, but they were pretty darn good. And they split.

I have this need to smash his head with old newspapers, because that's what he will be after this split. Old news.

8. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Don't worry, maybe something better comes out of it. Maybe due to him swapping his partners like underwear you suddenly may have 3 competing pairs - Montalbano with a new partner, Krasnopolsky with a new partner and Davidovich with a new partner. Wouldn't it be fun if Israel managed to get 2 spots for the next Olympics and then Krasnopolsky with his new partner finished 3rd at their nationals, which would mean that both Montalbano with a new partner and Davidovich with a new partner would be send and Krasnopolsky would stay at home? Karma is a bitch sometimes...

9. Robin26

Robin26 Member

i like that idea!!!!!

10. Eladola

Eladola Active Member

I think it's so cute that you were offended by him ^_^

11. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

I think it's so cute you find a stupid behaviour of a skater cute....

12. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Which bit have you actually found cute? The fact that a skater behaves like a moron?

13. kosjenka

14. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

I actually thought that they had a good potential together as a pair, so moi is quite :( they have decided to split.

Don't really mind who split with who frankly, but I was not surprised.
    I work with someone who knows the Davidovich family pretty well, and according to that person there was no intention on behalf of Andrea to skate together with Evgeni after OLY.
    That person have also mentioned that Papa Davidovich is not an easy person.

I wish though they did continue together. They looked good and I would loved to see more programs from them.
    Good luck to both of them with their next partners.

15. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Why that? That would be his fault because he should have lift his arm, then her arm would be higher and her head would not be touching the ice.

16. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

Krasnopolsky explains in an interview to ynet (in Hebrew) that the reason for the split with his partner is the disagreement regarding their coach:
    I'm sorry it turned out this way, but there was no other option. Anya insisted on staying with Genadi Krasnitzki and I refused. This is the reason for our split. Now I'm looking for a new partner.

17. kosjenka

Krasnitzki is relatively unknown coach and what he did with those 2 is a miracle. Krasnapolski gives no reason for not wanting to work with Krasnitzki...

18. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Lol, another option would have been staying with GK and not breaking up a promising pair! What was so bad about him?!

19. reut

reut Active Member

Well, the fact about the coach is not news, Anna hinted about pretty clearly in her interview.
    Funny that according to the journalist they announced about it only this Wednesday.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  20. kosjenka

That's what I was thinking.

I've learned my lesson. No more luuuveee for any new pair. Not until their 2nd Europeans.

21. Zemgirl

I don't think Oren Aharoni knows about IPS ;)

My guess is that the coach is just an excuse and there's something else going on; they were making progress and getting good results with the coach they had, and Krasnopolski can't be that stupid.

Krasnopolski has been in the US too long, the local approach to pairs longevity seems to have rubbed off on him.

22. reut

reut Active Member

Are you sure? :) He didn't strike me as a smart person.

Dramahkween and (deleted member) like this.
  23. Zemgirl

Even by that standard :p I mean that is seriously dumb. At least line up another partner first!

24. Zemgirl

With all the ongoing splits, I was browsing IPS and noticed that Krasnopolski was no longer listed. Will we soon be able to insert a new name in the thread title? :p

25. kosjenka

Maybe he realised he is a prick who isnt able to work with anybody and decided to quit.

I am so angry with him as it is.

Dramahkween and (deleted member) like this.
  26. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Was Popova ever listed? Think there were rumours of them teaming up even before Savchenko/Massot were mentioned. Though beats me why would Krasnopolski prefer Popova over Davidovich

27. nirti

nirti Member

So much manicheism. What is the problem with Krasnopolski? He stay FOUR years with Montalbano. For somebody unable to skate with anybody, that's long, no?
    With Davidovich, maybe it was just a problem of disagreement from both.
    But I forget, of course you live with them and you know all about them much better than... them.

28. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

They are not posting here. I haven't heard a single person who knows Krasnopolski in person saying a single nice thing about him (no, I never spoke to his parents or sister)

29. nirti

nirti Member

Maybe they have better things to do ^^

But if he's the awful guy that some describes, why Montalbano could have support him during 4 years?
    And let's remember that their split followed an injury.

I don't know Krasnopolski personnally, but internet is a so easy way to make a bashing, to read one or two sentences about a person and answer "oh yes, what a prick!" without knowing anything from the situation.

30. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Because he's a pretty good skater?
    Don't know much about the internet, but people who skated on the same rink with him and some of his previous coaches didn't have anything nice to say about him