Evgeni Krasnopolsky splits with (insert name)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by fan, Dec 29, 2012.

1. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

No no, it's called `double standards' , not `crazy'. It's ok for you to trash certain skaters, but no one has a right to trash Montalbano. She is the saint cow for some reason

2. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

Nobody made such accusation. EDIT - well I am wrong here.

The most important thing here is this:

It was pointed out that Israel has a federation that is more than willing to recut skaters who have developed in other countries and give them citizenship over developing skating & skaters in Israel - which i spouse to be their primary cause of existence. The second is much more important than participating in high standard events.

Since the tax payers are funding Israeli skating federation - shouldn't they have local benefits from its existence in the terms of the sport being available to them?

We see it with Montalbano, Bychenko, Davidovich and now that Polina Shlepen. It has been Israeli Federations modus operandi and they are not about to change, so yes - pointing that out is very much fair.

I dont blame those skaters for taking the chance to skate at the high level, but they should know what skating federations have obligations to do for the country and citizens and see how they can give back. I am not talking volunteering in a orphanage here or giving interviews in Hebrew... Though wouldnt it be nice to speak the language of the country you represent internationally and have the passport of?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  3. Kunstrijdster

Kunstrijdster New Member

Certainly not crazy. Between all the nastiness directed at certain skaters here, it's good at least some people stand up for them and offer a different perspective. It's much appreciated. :respec:

4. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

AFAIK at some point the IISF had a falling out with the management of the Canada Centre (where Krasnopolski and the Zaretskis started out), and with no other rinks in the country, things pretty much went downhill. Now there's the Holon rink and also a full-sized mall rink in Eilat, so maybe that will help. They had a bunch of kids from Eilat at Israeli Nationals, which hopefully gave them motivation to keep working and improving - none of them had much experience in skating going in. We really just need one to break through, of course it doesn't have to be the next Yuna Kim but to have someone local achieve some measure of success internationally would be great. But that won't happen if they all have to compete against American and Russian imports for their spots.

There is no way that elite skaters can train in Israel as things stand now, but up to the lower junior level, I do think it's feasible and I hope someone will be able to do it. And I would love to see the senior level skaters shipped to the best coaches for them rather than to Galit Chait.

5. N_Halifax

N_Halifax Well-Known Member

Agreed. I wrote an article about bullying of figure skaters and shared it here and got bashed by many here too for writing about bullying. You can't win. Nice to see a little positivity in a sea of shade!

6. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

Often. But sometimes one partner is ready to retire and the other isn't, in which case the retiring skater might fully support the other's partner search (and rarely even help coach the new team).

They can't go to championships now unless they're capable of earning the minimum scores. And of course they can't get the minimum scores unless they're sent to JGP or senior B events.

Is there an official standard for sending skaters to internationals? E.g., specific scores, or must have a double axel?

Any chance of the return of Skate Israel?

7. Zemgirl

I seriously doubt it. Metulla (Canada Centre) is a non-option, Eilat as I mentioned is a mall rink, and Holon is too small.

If there are any set standards for being sent to international competitions, I'm not aware of them. I read somewhere that some of the Eilat kids will be sent to one of those international kid-level competitions for experience, but I have no idea if this is indeed true or about any of the details.

8. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

Well, Aliona Savchenko told the German press in Sotchi after the pairs free that she might continue her career with another partner and she still plans to skate Worlds with Robin Szolkowy. She later denied that in a TV interview, but I think she just didn't want to make it public yet and was taken by surprise that the German news agency dpa broke the news. Robin is ready to retire, so I don't think this happened behind his back. But anyway it remains to be seen how serious Aliona is about continuing her career with a new partner -although knowing her, she is pretty serious about everything ;-) - and more importantly, if she finds a suitable partner in case she really wants to continue.

9. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Didn't she, though, in the same article say that Szolkowy wasn't going to do Worlds? Or did I misunderstand?

10. Eislauffan

After the pairs FS press conference she said that she wants to go but that Robin is not keen on going, and the next day he said that they have to take some time and make a decision. When they came back to Sotchi for the gala, they said that they decided to go to Worlds provided that they are in good shape.

11. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Ah, I thought he had already decided "no" to Worlds when she said she'd want to continue with a new partner, but that he changed his mind about Worlds.

Has he made a final decision about going forward after Saitama?

12. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Evgeni listed 2018 Olympics as a goal on his icepartner search profile, so I would assume so.

13. Eislauffan

I think kwanfan referred to Robin Szolkowy. :)
    I am not aware that he said something definitely about his future after Worlds. However, he did say before that he wants to end his competitve career. He plans to get married this summer and is exploring professional options. He and Aliona Savchenko have a three-year-contract with Art on Ice, so I think he will at least skate in shows with her.

14. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

So in case Aliona finds a new partner she will still skate in shows with Robin which would mean she would have two partners: one for competitions and one for shows?
    Isn't that a bit much?

15. kosjenka

It sounds so sexy :swoon:

jamesy and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Robin26

Robin26 Active Member

Sanity is returning. Thank you!!

danafan and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Robin26

Robin26 Active Member

Yes yes it is.

18. Eislauffan

That's just Aliona. ;-)

Obviously, I have thought about it. But I don't think it is impossible. She does not have to train much to skate in shows with Robin. They are so well gelled as a team. But I don't know if it could be a problem in terms of getting used to timing with a new partner. However, there is no new partner yet, we'll see what happens after Worlds.

19. reut

reut Active Member

20. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

21. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Now I really want them both to find new partners and compete against each other next Europeans. That would be epic.

22. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

I really want to hear his side of the story. I don't believe one second that she had no clue why he was unhappy.

23. Zemgirl

That brain implementation that TAHbKA suggested earlier might not go amiss. What was Krasnopolski thinking to split with her and to do so in such a ridiculous manner?

I hope she finds someone fantastic. She's clearly meant to do pairs, not singles.

24. Eislauffan

I think Andrea Davidovich is a great partner, very talented and I sure hope she finds a new partner asap and will beat Krasnopolski in each event they meet.

25. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

26. kosjenka

She does know:

but she choose not to share that and I dont blame her. Krasnopolski ended the partnership and no official talks with him and federation took place regarding this matter.

27. 2sk8

2sk8 Active Member

Great interview, and I wish her the best - she has a bright future in pairs, I am sure.

This is the only part that makes no sense, especially about Worlds: The "Federation?" She and her coach train in the same rink as basically the whole rest of the Israeli team, and coach Galit...and, well, it is hard to believe they do not see each other almost daily.

More likely, it was a conscious decision not to air that laundry, and that is fine too.

28. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

I don't think the part about "the Federation" is confusing: she said that no one from the Fed has told her that she'd be skating in Saitama. I would guess that the Israel Fed submitted the names for Worlds earlier than the deadline, assuming they'd still be together after Sochi.

29. reut

reut Active Member

30. reut

reut Active Member

I wish her tons of luck, but if she finds someone to skate with for Israel this will be "the fully imported pair", which you (and me) actually don't approve...

kirkbiggestfan, I would love to hear his side of the story, you're welcome to contact him and ask.