Evgeni Krasnopolsky splits with (insert name)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by fan, Dec 29, 2012.

1. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Ah, I thought he had already decided "no" to Worlds when she said she'd want to continue with a new partner, but that he changed his mind about Worlds.

Has he made a final decision about going forward after Saitama?
  2. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Evgeni listed 2018 Olympics as a goal on his icepartner search profile, so I would assume so.
  3. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

I think kwanfan referred to Robin Szolkowy. :)
    I am not aware that he said something definitely about his future after Worlds. However, he did say before that he wants to end his competitve career. He plans to get married this summer and is exploring professional options. He and Aliona Savchenko have a three-year-contract with Art on Ice, so I think he will at least skate in shows with her.
  4. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Well-Known Member

So in case Aliona finds a new partner she will still skate in shows with Robin which would mean she would have two partners: one for competitions and one for shows?
    Isn't that a bit much?
  5. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

It sounds so sexy :swoon:
    jamesy and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Robin26

Robin26 Member

Sanity is returning. Thank you!!
    danafan and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Robin26

Robin26 Member

Yes yes it is.
  8. Eislauffan

That's just Aliona. ;-)

Obviously, I have thought about it. But I don't think it is impossible. She does not have to train much to skate in shows with Robin. They are so well gelled as a team. But I don't know if it could be a problem in terms of getting used to timing with a new partner. However, there is no new partner yet, we'll see what happens after Worlds.
  9. reut

reut Active Member

10. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

11. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Now I really want them both to find new partners and compete against each other next Europeans. That would be epic.
  12. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

I really want to hear his side of the story. I don't believe one second that she had no clue why he was unhappy.
  13. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

That brain implementation that TAHbKA suggested earlier might not go amiss. What was Krasnopolski thinking to split with her and to do so in such a ridiculous manner?

I hope she finds someone fantastic. She's clearly meant to do pairs, not singles.
  14. Eislauffan

I think Andrea Davidovich is a great partner, very talented and I sure hope she finds a new partner asap and will beat Krasnopolski in each event they meet.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

16. kosjenka

She does know:

but she choose not to share that and I dont blame her. Krasnopolski ended the partnership and no official talks with him and federation took place regarding this matter.
  17. 2sk8

2sk8 Active Member

Great interview, and I wish her the best - she has a bright future in pairs, I am sure.

This is the only part that makes no sense, especially about Worlds: The "Federation?" She and her coach train in the same rink as basically the whole rest of the Israeli team, and coach Galit...and, well, it is hard to believe they do not see each other almost daily.

More likely, it was a conscious decision not to air that laundry, and that is fine too.
  18. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

I don't think the part about "the Federation" is confusing: she said that no one from the Fed has told her that she'd be skating in Saitama. I would guess that the Israel Fed submitted the names for Worlds earlier than the deadline, assuming they'd still be together after Sochi.
  19. reut

reut Active Member

20. reut

reut Active Member

I wish her tons of luck, but if she finds someone to skate with for Israel this will be "the fully imported pair", which you (and me) actually don't approve...

kirkbiggestfan, I would love to hear his side of the story, you're welcome to contact him and ask.
  21. 2sk8

2sk8 Active Member

I didn't mean "makes no sense" as in confusing. I meant it more as, Boris Chait (commonly referred to as the "Federation," in this case :) ) is often in Hackensack, Galit is there coaching, basically the whole Israeli team is there training - at the same rink, same times. So, "makes no sense" as in just a bizarre situation.

I therefore assume it was a conscious decision not to air a lot of details, and likely an appropriate one. I wish them all the best!
  22. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

I don't know about you two, but in the interest of fairness and the :watch: factor, I'd be willing to make an exception in this case.

Wouldn't he tell whoever contacts him to talk to the federation? :p
  23. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Definitely. I don't care about whole imported team if it means that she will beat her ex-partner regularly in competitions. Actually, I think it would help to increase level of pair skating in Israel, if both teams were so serious about beating the other team. :lol:
  24. kosjenka

Well - Krasnapolsky's email is on ice partner search, so whoever is keen on asking him anything can email him.
  25. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Please don't send him death threats, though. :p
  26. Andrey aka Pushkin

Andrey aka Pushkin Brezina's Nemesis

Oh, knowing him, he's going to reply "Please direct all the questions to the press-secretary of the Israeli Federation blah blah blah".

He really came out as a jerk on more than one occasion now, and I'm rather disappointed.
  27. kosjenka

I am seriously pissed because of this split...

So very few pairs dont suck and Davidovich & Krasnapolsky just started and not only did they not suck, but they were pretty darn good. And they split.

I have this need to smash his head with old newspapers, because that's what he will be after this split. Old news.
  28. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Don't worry, maybe something better comes out of it. Maybe due to him swapping his partners like underwear you suddenly may have 3 competing pairs - Montalbano with a new partner, Krasnopolsky with a new partner and Davidovich with a new partner. Wouldn't it be fun if Israel managed to get 2 spots for the next Olympics and then Krasnopolsky with his new partner finished 3rd at their nationals, which would mean that both Montalbano with a new partner and Davidovich with a new partner would be send and Krasnopolsky would stay at home? Karma is a bitch sometimes...
  29. Robin26

Robin26 Member

i like that idea!!!!!
  30. Eladola

Eladola Active Member

I think it's so cute that you were offended by him ^_^
  31. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

I think it's so cute you find a stupid behaviour of a skater cute....
  32. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Which bit have you actually found cute? The fact that a skater behaves like a moron?
  33. kosjenka

34. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

I actually thought that they had a good potential together as a pair, so moi is quite :( they have decided to split.

Don't really mind who split with who frankly, but I was not surprised.
    I work with someone who knows the Davidovich family pretty well, and according to that person there was no intention on behalf of Andrea to skate together with Evgeni after OLY.
    That person have also mentioned that Papa Davidovich is not an easy person.

I wish though they did continue together. They looked good and I would loved to see more programs from them.
    Good luck to both of them with their next partners.
  35. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Why that? That would be his fault because he should have lift his arm, then her arm would be higher and her head would not be touching the ice.
  36. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

Krasnopolsky explains in an interview to ynet (in Hebrew) that the reason for the split with his partner is the disagreement regarding their coach:
    I'm sorry it turned out this way, but there was no other option. Anya insisted on staying with Genadi Krasnitzki and I refused. This is the reason for our split. Now I'm looking for a new partner.
  37. kosjenka

Krasnitzki is relatively unknown coach and what he did with those 2 is a miracle. Krasnapolski gives no reason for not wanting to work with Krasnitzki...
  38. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Lol, another option would have been staying with GK and not breaking up a promising pair! What was so bad about him?!
  39. reut

reut Active Member

Well, the fact about the coach is not news, Anna hinted about pretty clearly in her interview.
    Funny that according to the journalist they announced about it only this Wednesday.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  40. kosjenka

That's what I was thinking.

I've learned my lesson. No more luuuveee for any new pair. Not until their 2nd Europeans.