Evgeni Krasnopolsky splits with (insert name)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by fan, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

:rofl: I forgot about her. But she didn't get citizenship, did she?

2. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

No idea. Hope not.

3. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

I'd be surprised if he couldn't find a ton of skaters of Jewish ancestry here in the US. Seriously, the NY/NJ region - I don't understand why these skaters can't find a nice Jewish girl in Hackensack. ;)

4. GarrAarghHrumph

Not as of right now, no.

5. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

you sound like his mom :p

6. Lanna

Lanna Well-Known Member

:rofl:

7. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Not all nice Jewish girls want to skate pairs ;)

8. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

Oy, they could try! Would it kill them?

kwanfan1818 and (deleted member) like this.
  9. PishPosh9

PishPosh9 New Member

I am saddened to hear this because "Davidovich and Krasnopolsky" was probably the best pair name I have ever heard in my life. I also didnt know Rachel from Glee could also skate pairs along with her many other talents! :D

10. GarrAarghHrumph

Listen - if it'd get me to Worlds and the Olys, I'd skate pairs with him.

11. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

Probably.

12. Andrey aka Pushkin

Andrey aka Pushkin Brezina's Nemesis

Given the nature of pair skating and Krasnapolski's field track - it might.

13. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

I was thinking of someone like Madeline Aaron...who has a great partner, but maybe not physically strong enough for long-term success.
    There are a lot of American jewish girls with two triples out there. He could try a different one every year if he wanted to. :D

14. Zemgirl

Only the ones who haven't represented the US internationally, though, or releases and waiting periods come into play.

Maybe Davidovich can find a nice Jewish boy to skate with.

15. Vagabond

I do wish she'd settle down.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Possibly.

The waiting periods for ice dancers and pairs changing countries are very short now, though, to accommodate new partnerships.

Having said that, if he is going to keep changing partners every 1-2 years, it'd still not be worth it. ;)

17. Robin26

Robin26 Active Member

It maybe easy now but 4-5 years ago it involved showing both grandparents on mothers side were jewish as well
    As a bat mitzvah and reams of paperwork. I guess it got easy as of late but then Reed hasnt gotten it ! And as Ziggy said perception , everyone is assuming it was his fault. Krasnopolsky. I heard it wasnt. Strange but thats what I hear. I also hear that the good Israeli girl is saying shell skate for any country. Doesnt care. Montalbano is still looking for a jewish partner rather then another country. Perception is quite interesting.

18. GarrAarghHrumph

Does Allison Reed have a Jewish grandparent? Or is she just hoping that they'll just kind of bless her in? ;)

19. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

As far as I know, in 1970 the Law of Return has been amended and you only need to show proof that you have one Jewish grandparent.

Just for the record, whilst I am very surprised that Davidovich/Krasnopolski have split given how promising they were, I am personally not assuming anything with regard to 'whose fault' it was since I don't have any clue what happened.

I don't think Israel is a country with a record of easily giving away citizenship for 'special merit.'

20. Vagabond

I don't think she much cares whether she gets citizenship. She's already competed at the Olympics, and she's unlikely to be a medal contender. Plus, if she did get citizenship, she'd probably have to serve in the army unless she could show that she's ultra-Orthodox. :shuffle:

21. Zemgirl

Yet we've still seen some federations cause trouble, haven't we? And as you noted, even a year is a long time if you're changing partners on a frequent basis ;)

Davidovich is Jewish and has family in Israel, but she's never lived in Israel. If I were in her position, I'd consider representing other countries, too - like many other skaters have done and will continue to do. If Montalbano chooses to do otherwise, that's her choice.

My perception is that you'll criticize any skater, without ever providing any proof for your claims, so long as you think it will make Montalbano look better. What purpose does that serve? Do you think it's helpful to Montalbano in any way?

No, she wouldn't. Even if it came up, she'd get an exemption as someone who doesn't live in Israel. The only high-level Israeli skaters who served in the military in the past decade were Roman Zaretski and Krasnopolski.

22. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

No. It never did. Those laws had not changed since 1948. Unless, of course, one grandparent was questionable and they had to go for the other one. (questionable as in lost documents/not enough documents)
    A what? I never bothered with one. You keep mixing israeli and jewish. Perhaps you should start seeing the difference between those two completely different things?
    No, it remained the same. And if Reed can come up with a jewish grandparent she will get the citizenship. Why would she though? It's not as if she'd qualify for the Olympics with Rogov.
    I heard it was his decision. Not his fault.
    You hear so many things that perhaps you should keep them to yourself from time to time.
    If she switches to singles and keeps representing Israel I will dislike it just as much as I dislike Montalbano doing that. If she finds an israeli partner to skate with (israeli like Krasnopolski, not israeli like Davidovich herself) I will take it.
    What a shame. Can she please go and represent some other country? For example the one where she actually lives and which language she actually speaks?

23. Zemgirl

Montalbano doesn't even need a Jewish partner to represent Israel. Unless she wants to go to the Olympics, and it's not as though she has a high likelihood of accomplishing that.

Actually, maybe not even then. Could either of the Mahmud brothers take up pairs? ;)

24. Robin26

Robin26 Active Member

Where is that? And what is your problem? You are a bully and you have never even spoken to the girl

25. Robin26

Robin26 Active Member

Maybe you and tahbka ought to show us what you can do!!! Id love to see that.

26. Robin26

Robin26 Active Member

I am reading all of this and the comments that I dont "know" anything !!! None of you know anything about these skaters personally but choose to sit back and hurt people you dont even know. These people are some of the hardest working Nice people I have ever met, and If you knew them ,not just what you want to Believe you might actually like them. Have you ever spoken to Danielle? Or her family? You would be shocked. Not only are they extremely caring nice people but her mom has been battling cancer for years. They help everyone !! They rescue animals ! I am sick by your comments. If this is the world of figure skating , I am going to use my platform as a journalist to expose it. You all choose to champion the evil and hurt the nice people. Enjoy !!! It will get you very far.

27. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

Dear Montalbano - please get off fan forums in general. Reading the content or posting will not improve your skating or get you confidence.
    Normal fans of the sport do not care what kind of person you or skaters in general are because fans of skating love skating. If skaters rescue animals or are assholes to their neighbors - skating fans dont particularly care. As long as it does not reflect their skating.
    I recommend getting off twitter as well.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    hanca and (deleted member) like this.
  28. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

:EVILLE:vs :saint: I mean, it's a no contest. Best emoticon always wins.

You might try taking the forum a little less seriously. Most posters who pick on skaters do so because they dislike something about their *skating*, not any personal reasons. The sooner you learn to differentiate between the two, the better off you are. If, OTOH, you find yourself unable to do so, then maybe this isn't the best place for you to post. Why not start a FB group for the skater you like? Unless she wins a controversial Olympic gold, things should be a lot more tame.

29. Robin26

Robin26 Active Member

Thank you. You are right. I appreciate your advise.

30. Robin26

Robin26 Active Member

I am not Related to or in any way attached to the Montalbano family. Just have known them for years. Get off twitter? Who are you ????? This is sick. Really sick.