Evgeni Krasnopolsky splits with (insert name)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by fan, Dec 29, 2012.

1. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

To be fair, he would probably dump Mukhortova even if Tatiana wasn't suddenly without a partner. there is only so much one can take and if your partner is bumping your coach, the skating conditions probably wasn't very good. E.g. the time when he was not allowed to take time off and #Maria went with their coach on a holiday! I would probably dump my partner immediately after this.

2. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

I really liked this pair this year at the Europeans!

3. MorganaLefay

MorganaLefay Active Member

I second the brain surgery idea. He is absolutely nuts to dump Davidovich, who is so talented and a sparkler.

2sk8 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Sorry, does anyone know for sure if he was actually the one to end the partnership? For all we know, he could be hard to get along with or something and she chose to end it.

5. reut

reut Active Member

Yes, it was his decision.

6. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Maybe he heard that Savchenko will be available so he decided to place himself into good position to be noticed (advertising "I am free too!!!") ;)

7. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

The rumours said Trankov was not particularly nice to Mukhortova before the coaching switch... Have an impression everyone there got what they deserved

8. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Montalbano had a very serious injury and it wasn't certain whether she would have recovered in time for Nebelhorn. Why should have Kransopolski potentially sacrificed his own Olympic dreams for her?

9. Robin26

Robin26 Active Member

Sometimes there is more then what meets the eye and the opinions of fans who only see the teams at competition. The day to day training, family support etc all come into play and its not just olympic dreams involved. Cold cold sport. No loyalty. I doubt Savchenko would look twice. But,who knows.

10. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Davidovich now has her profile on IPS, so I guess that's that - though there's hope yet for the dueling Israeli pairs scenario ;)

11. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Davidovich pairing up with Montalbano and beating whoever Krasnapolski will find to skate with?:)

12. Zemgirl

Like a Blades of Glory sequel :D

13. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

I love the new thread title. :rofl:

14. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

This is yet another sign that Andrey aka Pushkin and TAHbKA must team up and claim one of those spots at Euros!

They can sleep on my couch in Zagreb when they come to get the TES minimum at the Golden spin & PRLady can deal with the media and help organize the fundraising.

:cheer2:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  15. Zemgirl

Of course! How could I have missed this excellent idea?

16. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

You can monitor their practices, film them and put them online for FSUeres experts to analyze and help them get the right GOEs!

17. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

I am volunteering to play the role of the audience. I would love to watch that!

18. Eladola

Eladola Active Member

19. bek

bek Guest

I suspect in any relationship, its rarely just one person's fault. There are always three sides to a story well in this case probably four, Trankov, Oleg, Maria's, and then the truth.

I take an issue with the idea that he ruined Maria's career. Nobody's required to skate with someone for life. They don't owe anyone their entire career. However, there seems to be a double standard. We like new partnership better- its okay. Your a John Coughlin or an Evan Bates, its wrong wrong wrong.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

What do you mean by 'then the truth?'

21. bek

bek Guest

There is a saying in English.

"There are three sides to every story: yours, mine, and the truth."

What it means is everyone has a point of view. A lot of times, even if they are an honest person, their viewpoint is colored by their own biases and perception. So the idea is that Oleg's viewpoint may not be 100% everything that happened, Maria's viewpoint may not be 100% everything, nor Trankov's. The truth maybe a bit in between.

Its a great reminder in general, why its not a good idea to take sides in a lot of cases when you don't have too, and even a reminder if your in a fight with someone that you may not fully understand things from their viewpoint or perspective.

I mean sure there are times when yes the truth is clear and there. But a lot of times when are talking about human beings and long standing relationships...:scream:.

In general, I don't see why I need to make any of the parties the bad guy. The working relationship didn't work. All probably made mistakes. In the case though of Maxim/Maria. I think they would have eventually ended up on the world podium etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2014
  22. Lanna

Lanna Well-Known Member

I cracked up laughing when I saw the new thread title.

23. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

But 'objective truth' (whatever that even means) doesn't exist. The only thing that does exist is the way the three people involved in this situation have perceived it.

24. sweetsparky

sweetsparky Pasodoble is coming

:rofl: The new title of the thread.

Thanks for the information TAHbKA, I still think this new split is incomprehensible, considering their potential, but human factor is quite difficult to understand. Good luck for Davidovich in her search of a new partner.

25. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

He is a good looking muscular pair skater in the US. He knows that some rich American girl is ready to rent a Ukrainian or Israeli and fund the training. I can think of a couple of American ladies who would be perfect for him.

26. bek

bek Guest

Well of course its difficult to get to the "objective" truth, if not impossible. But its a reminder that the whole truth isn't necessarily in one person's story alone.

27. fan

fan Well-Known Member

I'm so curious to know who

28. Zemgirl

I don't think he was paying anything out of pocket with either Montalbano or Davidovich.

Unless the American ladies are Jewish, they'd have a tough time getting Israeli citizenship, and they're not going to be able to represent the US, either.

29. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

All they need is one Jewish grandparent.

30. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Like Alison Reed :p