Evgeni Krasnopolsky splits with (insert name)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by fan, Dec 29, 2012.

1. fan

fan Well-Known Member

2. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

It is almost expected....

According to facebook Dani has another surgery in January. Hope he gets well soon!

If I were a federation I would buy Krasnapolski a partner in East Europe - the Israeli passport is easy enough to obtain; Krasnapolski was (almost) always the stronger partner and, if I understand correctly, he is not the one with the money. Between going back to the god forgotten town in the north of Israel and skating with whoever with a slight chance to make it to the Olympics... Guess the question is whether MamaChait wants to go to the Olympics- Galit will go anyway with the Reeds, Boris will go anyway with the speed skater (I understand Bykanov is a good enough speed skater). How will they get mamaIra I wonder? The head of the team?

3. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Montalbano's injury was a broken fibula and her original surgery was in November (7 screws and a plate inserted, according to their Facebook fan page). Best wishes to Danielle on a full recovery!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  4. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Isn't that the same injury Weaver is dealing with right now? Obviously, different degrees since fractures come in all different types and sizes, but still interesting.

5. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Krasnapolski will need to find someone who hasn't skated this season for another country, which knocks out anyone who's skated in an international.

Montalbano listed on her Ice Partner Search profile that she's aiming for the 2014 and 2018 Olympics, and that she won't relocate. I don't know whether it means that rink (Hackensack) or NY Metro. Makarova's parents are a few hours away, for example. For 2014, that would mean recovery from her surgery next month and finding a partner who hasn't competed for another county. For 2018 she'd have a lot more options.

Does her money come from family or the Federation?

6. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

M/K were coached by Oleg Makarov and Larisa Selezneva earlier in their career but switched to Kyoko Ina and Vakhtang Murvanidze in the past season or so.

7. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

No, Kaitlyn broke a different bone in a different area.

8. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Which leaves most of the Russian skaters still (Wishful thinking: Ilushechkina)

My bet is family.

Damn, just when they became decent....

9. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

10. Dramahkween

Dramahkween Active Member

Danielle is sponsored by 2 Israeli companies (Leo Schachter Diamonds and Malca Amit)...She also coaches at Hackensack and tutors the rest of the Israeli team as well as is their homeschool teacher. She's paid for that work.- That's where the money came from.

11. nylynnr

nylynnr Active Member

He is skating with Anya Davidovich, they competed their short at Liberty last night. Davidovich competed as a single skater in various club competitions in the U.S. for the Israeli Federation. I don't know if she ever competed at an international event but if she did, it's likely she represented Israel. The coach is Gennadi Krasnitski, I believe.

12. Dramahkween

What was their score in the SP?

13. nylynnr

nylynnr Active Member

I don't know scores, however, Unseenskaters website may post scores at some point. Also, I am told Liberty is going to perhaps post results on a website this year.

14. Dramahkween

From what I understand, she hasn't competed internationally. Gennadi is their coach and Danielle is now coached by Igor Krokavec, (I BELIEVE Craig Maurizi as well), Elena Glebova's coaches.

15. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Who banned you all on google? Davidovich (Andrea, not Anya) competed in NRW trophy in 2012 and Nestle cup in 2013.

DaveRocks and (deleted member) like this.
  16. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

We'd have to know the name under which she competed before it would be possible to look her up.

She skated in Junior Ladies for ISR in both competitions, and that is what Krasnapolski needed.

17. nylynnr

nylynnr Active Member

Krasnapolski's partner's first name is given as Anya, not Andrea. Don't know, however, if possibly "Anya" is a derivative the young lady is now using of "Andrea." Hence, the difference. Anya Davidovich competed throughout the New York area as a single skater. Andrea, as Tahbka rightly notes, competed internationally. This is possibly a case not so much of me neglecting google, but of searching it too much :)

18. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

If an obscure junior figure skater is registering for competition under two different and dissimiar names, how would anyone who doesn't know/recognize her make the connection?

19. reut

reut Active Member

20. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

That's a wonderful interview, reut!

21. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

best sentence :
    'The men can sometimes be fun to watch, like Michal (Brezina, Czech) whom I, by the way, am now dating. '

:D

22. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Hahaha, that is an awesome sentence indeed. A really lovely interview.

:eek:

23. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

24. crankyintheAM

crankyintheAM Member

Very interesting interview!

It was funny how she got around to announce she's dating Brezina, for those who didn't know already.

Kudos to her for all that she's doing after that gruesome injury.

25. reut

reut Active Member

26. Lyinna

Lyinna Member

Thanks reut!

They look great in Europeans, I can't wait to see them in Sochi

27. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I agree. I was extremely impressed how high their skating level was already at Europeans. They seem to be very promising.

28. Eladola

Eladola Active Member

You guys gave ma a heart attack bringing this Old thread back!

My eyes saw Davidovich\Krasnopolsky split

29. skatak

skatak Well-Known Member

same !!

30. reut

reut Active Member

Sorry didn't want to start the new thread.