Evan updates?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by nicecardshark, Jan 3, 2013.

1. nicecardshark

nicecardshark Member

Does anyone have any updates on Evan? Any realistic chance we'll see him at Nationals? His web site has not been updated in some time.

Sorry if this has been dicussed in other threads.

2. mikey

mikey ...an acquired taste

Evan who?

3. SkateFan66

SkateFan66 Active Member

Hopefully we will hear something soon. Lysacek was supposed to be off the ice for six weeks. If his rehab is going well, he should return to 'on ice' training this week.

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

His Short Program will be this, and his Free Skate will be Waiting for Godot. :sekret:

5. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

:lol:

6. falling_dance

falling_dance D. Murakami's Newest Fan

Evan Frame, Amanda Cory's sometime paramour on Another World.

Andora and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Evan bates?

8. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

Evantually he will skate at Nationals again! (BTW, last night I had a dream that Evan Lysacek was in high school and looked more like Curran Oi :confused: than himself and I was tutoring him in math. :confused:)

9. misskarne

misskarne #408

Freudian slip? ;)

10. Pikachuusb

Pikachuusb Active Member

:lol: wow that reference took me back to childhood. My mom loved Days of our Lives & Another World

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXAFv0mjoCs

11. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

Verner says Evan won't be at Nationals, Brezina says Evan will. Thus lies a Czech. :scream:

alilou, PeterG, kwanfan1818 and 5 others like this.
  12. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

LOL!

13. PinkFeathers

PinkFeathers Active Member

No skating update, but Evan is attending the Golden Globe awards tonight in Los Angeles. Yeah, IDK.

14. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

Will he be attending with Vera Wang?

FSfan107 and (deleted member) like this.
  15. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

Tune in, he is enroute as we speak..or write..

16. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

delete

17. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

18. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

^^ :lol: Awkward yet funny. "...blades and Russian vodka." I like how Evan Lysacek said, "No, we're just sticking together because we're intimidated by this crowd," when Billy B asked if Missy Franklin and he are dating. ;) Missy was towering over both Billy and Evan, although perhaps she's as tall as Evan without heels.

Evan said he's training hard, so I guess he's still planning to show up at Nationals.

19. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

He said..that he's "training away.."We'll see if he does go to Nats.

20. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

He didn't mention Nationals, which is why I posted the video in this thread and not in the general US Men's news thread.

21. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

I know he certainly enjoyed his weekend at GG events, not to mention the actual awards ceremony. He mentioned he spent most of either Friday or Saturday night talking skating w/Spielberg on Twitter.

22. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Nice to see Evan having fun. He has a very droll sense of humor.

23. aftershocks

Well, so, it seems many feel even though Evan is "training away," that's no guarantee he's planning to compete at Nationals, at least not this year. Could be he would not be showing up at awards shows if he was going to be at Nationals next week. However, it's strange he hasn't officially withdrawn yet. But I guess there's still time. ;)

I can see it now. Evan Lysacek as Lincoln on iceskates, choreographed and directed by Steven Spielberg, costume by Vera Wang of course. :lol:

24. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

Missy is 6'1" Evan 6'2"

If he knows he is going to withdraw, why is he waiting so long?

What is the big draw for nationals this year? Besides me.:rofl:

Even if he skates at Nationals and wins, he can't skate at Worlds , can he?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  25. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

ROTFLOL!!! Oh and *of course* it'll be Vera Wang and all in black too. ;) :D

26. aftershocks

^^ Yes, of course, ALL BLACK Vera Wang Lincoln-style suitcoat with pants and top hat (hats are so de rigueur in skating these days ;)). But probably minus the awkward DDL-Lincoln broken gait.

27. PinkFeathers

PinkFeathers Active Member

I ~think they'd have to send him to another international comp between now and then to get the minimum tech score. I don't think he'd outright win, but he'd have a decent chance at the podium. Then again, who knows. We haven't see him skate competitively since Vancouver. He would windmill arms himself into the boards for all we know.

28. Leeedward

Leeedward New Member

Who could beat him at Nationals? I believe he would make up in PC's what he would lose in not having a quad. His programs of four years ago, could take Nationals this year. I've never seen Evan ill-prepared, so if he skates in Omaha, he'll probably win.

29. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Even in his peak years when he won Worlds and Olympics he lost Nationals to Abbott, so why on earth would one be safe to think he wins now if he skates, older, no longer in his prime, having been out of competition for years, and been injured most of the year. Anyway I doubt he will even skate at Nationals so the answer will probably remain unknown.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  30. Kathryn2001

Kathryn2001 Member

I have to insert my opinion here. This situation with Evan...will he or won't he be at Nationals...it reminds of when Kwan was supposed to be at Skate America around 2004 and 2005 (I think I have the dates right, Pittsburgh for sure and perhaps even Atlantic City) and people bought tickets thinking she was going to be there and days before the event, it was announced she wouldn't be there. Everyone was disappointed but we figured USFSA wanted to keep her name on the roster for as long as possible for advertising and ticket sales. We later talked to someone pretty much on the inside of things, and confirmed we pretty much had it right. Obviously we had no first hand 100% knowledge and we have no sure knowledge about Evan either, but for sure, the USFSA benefits if a popular skater's remains on the roster and shown in photographs. I really hope he competes, but I won't be a bit surprised if his withdrawal is announced soon.

alilou and (deleted member) like this.