Evan Officially Announces His Comeback

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by sk9tingfan, Aug 10, 2012.

1. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

He will be at Skate America. He just announced it on The Today Show in London.

2. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

And he was wearing black of course! Outdoors in the summer, Evan, REALLY? You don't have any other color in your wardrobe?

At least his hair was not profusely lubed in grease like it is in competition. Lysacek's hair looked nice and he should wear it that way from now on, but I have my doubts that he will stick with anything that looks flattering on him. ;)

3. chika3

chika3 Member

4. museksk8r

So still no confirmation that all the hoopla from last season has been resolved. Hmmmmm

5. bartek

bartek New Member

Wow, he's taking on Lambiel's music. Good luck to him, especially when we start to compare his version to Lambiel's.

6. mikey

mikey ...an acquired taste

yawn

7. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

Go Evan :)

8. SkateFan66

SkateFan66 Active Member

9. bartek

bartek New Member

So we have Chan, Takahashi, Plushenko, Hanyu, Lysacek, Weir, Brzezina, Fernandez, Joubert. It's going to be really interesting.

10. SkateFan66

SkateFan66 Active Member

I seriously doubt that U.S. Figure Skating would have assigned him the last spot for Skate America if the issue was not resolved.

11. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that he's really there this time. Good luck, Evan!

12. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Wow .. .wonderful news .. this is what I have been waiting for! I am so excited. Battle of the Olympic 2010 medallists and rematch in men and hopefully in ladies too.
    I hope Evan can show that his Gold in 2010 was no gift and that no one 'wuzrobbed' :D Go Evan go.
    Now USA men has as much depth as Japan with all the comebacks. USA Nationals will be worth watching. May the best prevail. :respec:

13. sassybuford

sassybuford New Member

The USFSA has a statement on their website announcing Evan's return, which makes me think everything has been resolved.

14. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

15. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Mens skating wont be interesting in a competitive sense until Chan retires. Well the silver and bronze medal battles perhaps. However even then if Takahashi and Hanyu continue skating as they did at the end of last season those others cannot even challenge them for the remaining two medals.

16. Glide2

Glide2 Member

EEEVVVVAAAANNNN!!!!!!!!! EVAN in LONDON!! EVAN AT SKATE AMERICA!!!

i'm so happy! :D

17. SkateFan66

SkateFan66 Active Member

18. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Um, yeah.

19. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

I'm sure Frank Carroll will be there to tell us that nobody has ever skated to Poeta as passionately as Evan. :blah:

I can't say I'm particularly excited about this comeback.

20. museksk8r

Is Samson and Delilah destined to be this season's Carmen. Already Ashley Wagner and Evan Lysacek have announced this as their LP music. Anyone else?

21. museksk8r

And NO ONE works harder than Evan. :blah::wall::shuffle:

22. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

That goes without saying! But something like what I wrote would not be unprecedented, either. :shuffle:

I didn't mind Evan for most of his career. It was only when he was being shoved at us like the greatest, most artistic, hardest working person on the planet that I became annoyed. In his place, I'd be happy that everything aligned for me to win gold and find something else to do.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  23. crankyintheAM

crankyintheAM Member

:lol: Does that mean he'll flail his arms faster than before, and the grabbing at himself :eek:

Not at all, not surprised either.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  24. misskarne

misskarne #408

Just like with Johnny, I'll believe it when I actually see it. If Skate America comes around and Evan gets on the ice, then I'll believe it.

*shrugs*

As long as they get marked to the same standard as everyone else at Nationals.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  25. skatingfan26

skatingfan26 New Member

26. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

How many Spanish/Latin programs has Evan had in his career? If he was good in it, I'd be fine with it. But I guess that the puppet show is back!

27. senorita

senorita New Member

you mean this?:cool:

28. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

You don't have to believe what Frank Carroll says. :p

Nice. Can't wait to see Evan's versions. Who's the choreographer/s? Lori?

29. seabm7

seabm7 Active Member

30. bartek

bartek New Member

Plushenko's PCS from Euros indicate that judges picked him as the favourite from Europe to challenge Chan and Takahashi. If Plushenko is still as consistent with his jumps as he always was and imropve his choreography and transitions he can very well challenge for the bronze. He is the king when it comes to jumps and I would bet my money that he will land them all despite his age. Dai and Yuzuru both occasionally have troubles with jumps. On the other, marks Dai got at WTT indicate that judges might have taken into consideration all complaints about Chan being completely unbeatable even when he makes mistakes and they will finally let someone else rival him for the top spot. I hope that this coming season Dai will be given some chances to win against Chan.