Evan Lysacek

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by skamper23, Apr 24, 2011.

1. skamper23

skamper23 New Member

I Just saw an ad for a show on HGTV for next Sat. April 30th called Hollywood at Home and it showed Evan among some other stars.

2. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

I saw the show yesterday. It's a very cool, ultra-modern-minimalist house. LOTS of black-and-white, as one would expect from Evan. (Exact opposite of Johnny-Rococco!) One odd thing: What's up with Evan's fixation with SKULLS?! He mentioned how his parents gave him a skeleton of an animal to hang above his fireplace because "I'm into skulls" (or paraphrase). He keeps a gold-plated human skull on his coffee table, too. LOL! :lol:

3. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Well, that's a big turnoff for me.

4. Jubak

Jubak Well-Known Member

I saw it but wasn't wild about his house. Can appreciate the design aesthetic but doesn't look like a place one can get comfortable in. Too much white - god forbid you spilled a glass of wine. I just think too much about the practicality. It was showroom perfect but didn't seem to be livable.

5. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

Well skulls seem to be a long lasting fad. I see them on EVERYTHING aimed at kids and teenagers. I've even seen them on little girl socks and underpants in Target. They're on mugs, tee shirts, giftwrap, cards stationary, linens - you name it! And don't forget those awful skull cargo pants Joey Buttafuoco used to wear.

Real skulls, now that is creepy! But then Evan has always reminded me of Jack Skellington when he wears head to toe black.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

7. Sasha'sSpins

Sasha'sSpins Well-Known Member

I don't think it's funny one bit to keep a gold-plated human skull as part of the decor. I think it's incredibly disrespectful. The soul it once belonged to was a person-a human being. :(

8. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

Yeah, skulls are cool and owning one feels "powerful" to many, many people. I don't get it, but I guess he's young and expressing himself. Not my taste, but to each his own.

IMO, the gold skull looked like it was made of ceramic, as did the buck over the fireplace. I doubt it was a real human skull.

OT: I'm more disgusted by the science exhibit that's touring the US using real human bodies that were donated to science. I won't even go inside a museum that has that on exhibit. *shudders*

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.