Evan Lysacek on Dancing with the Stars

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Bailey_, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Bailey_

Bailey_ Guest

Just announced.... Guess he's not going to worlds...

2. skamper23

skamper23 New Member

Evan's not going to worlds, but he's going to be one busy guy...DWTS and the SOI tour at the same time!!!!

3. LoveToSkate

LoveToSkate New Member

Evan will be super busy. I can not imagine how he will do both DWTS and SOI. I am a little concerned because I wonder if this means that he will not be doing the entire SOI tour.

4. MissIzzy

MissIzzy Active Member

Pretty surprised they were willing to cast another skater after so many people accused Kristi of being a ringer...maybe they figured Evan would disprove that, if only because his height may give him some problems.:lol:

5. 10J

10J New Member

6. skamper23

skamper23 New Member

I just can't wait to see what kind of costumes he'll be wearing:biggrinbo

7. figurefan

figurefan New Member

Well he's definitely got the spray tan thing down. :lol:

8. plushenkofan

plushenkofan New Member

I'd love to see him in those revealing Latin outfits :respec:

9. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

It will be awesome!

Kinda makes me want to get a ticket to be in the audience. My stepmom squealed in excitement because this is like, her two favorite things: Evan and DWTS.

10. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

Jake Pavelka, aka the latest Bachelor will be the last contestant. This is definitely going to be interesting.

11. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

Wow. I'm happy for Evan, but I'm getting tired just reading about what his schedule is going to be like while he's doing all this.

12. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

Wow! Evan with some choreography and dance lessons for the first time in his life! :D

13. scheherazade

scheherazade New Member

Dear god with the intensity that that boy works he is going to be utterly exhausted by the end.

I have to admit that I kind of like the fact that he admits that he can't dance (which, erm, doesn't surprise me... :shuffle:), and I'm still not really a fan, but damnit, DWTS, I guess that means I'll be watching you this spring.

14. woodstock

woodstock New Member

Red eye flights for the tour? He better perform well during SOI, Dancing with stars or not, SOI will be his bread and butter for a few years. I doubt he'd pull a Sarah but I'd hate to spend my good money to see him only put 1/2 his effort toward the tour, or just be too thin-spread to perform at his best. This is the time when SOI ticket sales will be up from the more casual fan, the skaters need to "sell it" this year to make sure the seats stay filled between now and 2014 tour.

15. Lanna

Lanna Well-Known Member

Watch his Singin' in the Rain LP and Sway EX. :p

16. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

He's going to be missing quite a few SOI dates... I hope people in the affected cities haven't already bought tickets with the expectation of seeing Evan.

17. bibi

bibi Member

who are the other casts member??

18. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

This thread talks about the whole cast (not Evan-centric).

19. bibi

bibi Member

thank you so much :)

20. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

There is a Dancing with the Stars thread in Off the Beaten Track which discusses the other contestants.

21. Sally1214

Sally1214 Active Member

Evan on DWTS ... oh, how cool is that!! I'm really looking forward to seeing him. :)

I'm wondering who else is going to be on too. I've read about the possibility of Kate Gosselin and Alison Sweeney (Days of Our Lives & Biggest Loser) being on. I could pass on Kate but I'd love to see Alison, although I don't know how she'd be able to juggle it with her other 2 shows.

ETA: Oops, I see there's a thread about this in Off The Beaten Track ... I'll go check that one out. Tks.

22. Lucy25

Lucy25 Well-Known Member

This is too cool! I may have to watch for once. Very smart for him to strike while the iron is hot, publicity-wise. This appearance could lead to other opportunities for him.

23. silverstars

silverstars New Member

Oy. Evan.

I'm kind of surprised that they're actually letting another figure skater on the show after Kristi basically blew away the competition. Although Kristi obviously has more of a dance background than him, so it might be different.

At least I'll still get to see him, even though he's not competing :)

24. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

i think it's great! not only because i am a HUGE evan fan, but any attention figure skating can get is a good thing.

25. wickedwitch

wickedwitch Well-Known Member

I'd put good money on him winning.

26. jlai

jlai Title-less

I'm no Evan fan, but this is a pretty good idea. He might actually become a dancey skater and break out of his Tosca/Carmen/Schez mode. :eek:

27. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

Maybe Evan's Elves will chip and buy him a giant, industrial-sized tub of hair grease/gel! :p :p

Stock in fake-bake salons will suddenly skyrocket... :cool:

Seriously though, this should really boost his exposure with people who don't follow figure skating. I have never watched DWTS, but I'll be tunning in to see Evan, Buzz Aldrin, and Pam Anderson.

28. azskatefan

azskatefan New Member

29. IceJunkie

IceJunkie Well-Known Member

Yeah, definitely surprised that they are continuing to let figure skaters on. I mean, all skaters have had a fair amount of dance training...

30. harekrishna43

harekrishna43 Active Member

Not so surprising - he's an Olympic Gold medalist with his win still fresh in everyone's minds - should be a big ratings grabber.

I'm not a big Evan fan but I'm looking forward to seeing him without windmill arms for a change.