Evan Lysacek News and Update - Determination to Win

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by aymkjb88, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkateFan66

SkateFan66 Active Member

2. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

3. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

It's great to see him so well prepared; and skating beautifully.

4. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting that link -- he really does look great!

5. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

6. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

Shep Goldberg might not be a well known name outside the U.S. or to younger fans - he has been around for a long time and is completely solid. He is more than just an agent, he is a great business advisor and when necessary, a great help in producing an event. He's not some new kid on the block in any way - he's the most experienced of the experienced. He, like all great agents, is in the background and doesn't stick his name out there much if at all.

7. Athena

Athena New Member

Thanks!

During his trip to Belarus, Evan told the media that the information released last year by someone from USFSA that the dispute between the two parties was financial problem was incorrect. The issue was dealt with the components of contract that has conflict with his schedule. The good news is that all the problems are solved for now.

Switching to Shep Goldberg is absolutely the right move for Evan.

8. ProgramerUSFS

ProgramerUSFS Member

Question, I have always wondered which competitions provide world points. Where is that list? And how many points?

On another note, I am just giddy about him coming back to competition. Its going to be a great year for mens figure skating.

9. Sylvia

Sylvia On to JGPF & GPF!

10. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

11. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-130267-131575-nav-list,00.html

Click on the ISU communication 1629 and scroll down unil you reach this: 4. DISTRIBUTION OF POINTS (10% steps). The amount of points depends on placement: In an IC = international senior competition the winner gets 250 points as far as I understand the matter.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  12. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Does this mean he will compete next season? Sorry if this has been addressed already

13. Sylvia

Sylvia On to JGPF & GPF!

Lysacek is listed in USFS' 2012-13 International Selection Pool (as is Weir).

Even though Lysacek is no longer ranked in the ISU World Standings list (his 2009-10 ranking points have been removed in the latest update today -- see the thread in GSD), that shouldn't affect whether or not he can compete internationally this fall.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  14. iris81

iris81 Member

Maksim Trankov (who is in Korea for All That Skate show) twitted "OMG, it will be a battle in Sochi! Lysacek jumps 4toe-euler-3flip".

15. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

He was also seen doing 3axel half loop 3flips. If doing the flip at the end of the sequence helps him take off on the back inside edge, then great.

16. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

OMG... I think it will be very very interesting if Evan will return to compete in Sochi together with Plushy. We can then call Sochi ... battle of the Oly gold medallists with World medallists in the outer ring! Gosh.. no one will want to miss the men's competition ever. :)

17. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, it sure will be a battle!!! And of course the ones with best Olympic nerves will fare well. Thanks for the jump info, Iris81....

Maybe after all it was good that he was not able to compete in past season. Better chances to stay healthy until the Olympics are over, I mean.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  18. Sylvia

Sylvia On to JGPF & GPF!

I came across this article from last month about Lysacek's trip to Sweden and Belarus: http://boxscorenews.com/us-state-department-hosts-lysacek-as-sports-diplomat-p35136-68.htm

ETA: Evan is currently listed to perform in 2 of Sun Valley's summer ice shows on July 21 and August 25, 2012 - see the schedule linked in SV show thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83527

I realized that these videos from the Skating Club of Boston's Ice Chips show in late March/early April have not been posted in this thread:

"Samson and Delilah" (shaky video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMUBfEV2MGo

"The Climb": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e-99vpIFfM

"Tango de Roxanne": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg5uTMhiWBg
    "Tango de Roxanne" (partial): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiOvjHVno9s

19. YukiNieve

YukiNieve Active Member

Trankov tweeted that Evan was apparently doing 4-3
    (I guess at the practice ot All That Skate).

ETA: Oh sorry, I see it has already been mentioned.

20. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

Well, the challenge is definitely on! Evan has certainly signalled that he's in it for real. This looks to be a very amped up competition for the gold in Sochi. This is going to be interesting...

21. spikydurian

^^ I love the idea of Oly Golds showdown .. now that Evan has quads and Plushy has sequences and transitions (okay.. read that on Plushy's thread that he's doing pretty well on that). They are on equal plane so there HOPEFULLY whoever wins there won't be any disappointments and winching. :p

22. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

:lol:
    ;)

23. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

And then Chan swoops in and beats them all because he has everything including 2 quads :p

24. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

I have nothing against Chan winning, but the question is his consistency. He does not often skate faultless freeskates, does he? And my impression from Russian male skaters doing a CoP choreography is this: They may have lots of arm gestures but what they do with the feet is not that impressive and there is a looooong preparation for every jump. That is the Russian idea of transitions, so far. It is a lot easier for Evan to bring back the quad (which he was able to jump while uninjured) than for Plushenko to have real transitions before his jumps.

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  25. spikydurian

Marco, Chan is not in the same league as Evan and Plushy. Evan & Plushy are Oly gold medallists. Chan is not even an Oly medallist. The battle is really between E & P.:)

26. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

:confused: You are joking, right?

Chan was still very young at the last Olympics, he hadn't reached his full potential yet (even SS wise), and he wasn't doing quads (which he does now). And, even then, he could have won a medal, if he had skated clean. So, you really must be joking.

27. Athena

Athena New Member

28. spikydurian

29. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Absolutely not in the same league. Chan is clearly a much better skater.

30. SkateFan66

SkateFan66 Active Member

Not when he is doing his Zamboni imitation. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.