Evan Lysacek News and Update - Determination to Win

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by aymkjb88, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Amen!
    I don't know why some posters seem to feel otherwise.

cynthiabc and (deleted member) like this.
  2. tahoesky

tahoesky New Member

Please keep posting info amykjb88. I am a fan & appreciate your efforts on Evan's behalf.

3. aymkjb88

aymkjb88 New Member

You're welcome! I also suspect he's a vampire already. :lol:

My pleasure! Please keep posting. :)

Again, this is the thread dedicated to Evan and his fans, haters are not welcome. :angryfire

I just found out that there's a book about Evan published in Jan 2010. I'm surprised that he never mentioned it.

Details of the book

Unfortunately, due to the limited availability, the book is out of print already.:(

Hopefully Evan will write an autobiography when he retires, he's a great role model, I'm sure his story will be very inspirational. :respec:

Meanwhile, he left messages on FB and twitter, exciting opportunities are coming his way, details will be revealed in fall and winter! :cheer2: And he got "a nice short summer cut" from John Frieda on Melrose, hope it looks good. :swoon: We'll see it tomorrow night. :D

Another update: the tickets for M&G @ the Ballroom with a Twist show that Evan will host are SOLD OUT.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  4. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

His middle name is Frank? I don't know why, but that makes me giggle.

Well, a book published on Evan in Jan 2010 will either be totally obsolete, given his Olympic win, or a super-rare collectors' item. Time will tell.

5. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Didn't someone publish an unauthorized bio on Sarah Hughes shortly before her big victory? I wonder if it's the same person!

6. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

I beg your pardon, but what gives you the authority to say who is and is not welcome on an FSU thread?

This is FSU; like it or not, every FSU poster is welcome to post on every thread on this board. If you have a problem with a poster actually breaking the rules, report it to the admins. Otherwise, threads are not restricted.

HisWeirness, Kasey, genevieve and 3 others like this.
  7. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

Any news from Evan on whether he will be competing this coming season?

8. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

Yes, that made me smile, too. The middle name Frank has been an Omen, WOW.

Looking forward to his fall schedule, which hopefully will be announced in this month. aymkjb88, thanks so much for keeping us informed! Looking forward to your review...

9. cheriepopo

cheriepopo New Member

Oh it's alright aymkjb88, we Evan fans on FSU are used to those haters already, life would be extremely boring without them because their posts always make me laugh hard :lol::lol:

10. inthemiddle

inthemiddle Active Member

11. inthemiddle

12. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

Yes. The haterz are running rampant all over this thread. I can tell by the fact that not a single negative thing has been said about him on the entire thread. :rofl:

13. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

Who said that the haters are on this thread (in other threads one can find plenty of them)? The only kind of negativity I have noticed so far was this posting:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2808111&postcount=54

and it probably was just meant to be funny.

Thanks for finding photos! Yeah, the haircut looks really good...

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  14. aymkjb88

aymkjb88 New Member

you are my idol! :lol:

15. aymkjb88

aymkjb88 New Member

That's exactly how I felt when I knew it!

16. aymkjb88

aymkjb88 New Member

yes, it's named after his grandpa! :D

I'm pretty sure the book is collectors' item. Still hope he can write a 'tell it all' book when he retires, he's a very good writer.

17. aymkjb88

aymkjb88 New Member

18. aymkjb88

aymkjb88 New Member

Evan will have a 'satelite radio tour' today. First one is up, you can hear and download his interview with WOC morning report @

www.woc1420.com/cc-common/podcast.html

He's articulate and gracious as usual. :respec: Still didn't reveal his plan yet.

19. aymkjb88

aymkjb88 New Member

I remember that book too, but it's not the same person.

20. aymkjb88

aymkjb88 New Member

He said if he decides to keep competing, he won't take a whole season off.

21. aymkjb88

aymkjb88 New Member

From the Chad Pitt Show

"FM100's Chad Pitt & Jill Bucco talk to Olympic Gold Medalist, Evan Lysacek. Chad admits his bro-mance for Evan."

22. aymkjb88

aymkjb88 New Member

Evan on 104.3 My FM Valentine in the morning show

He's back to training, but hasn't decided yet if he'll skip the whole season. He's still training in El Segundo, which means that he's not working with Frank Carroll currently. :rolleyes: He'll attend shows in Japan, China and US (which will be shown on NBC this fall) this summer. :cheer2:

If he won't be back at 2011 Nationals, I don't think he'll keep competing any more. He's acheived pretty much everything in skating world and became the first US man to reach the top of ISU and Icenetwork ranking. So no regrets for him and his fans. Nothing's better than leaving on the highest note in your career. :swoon:

23. cheriepopo

cheriepopo New Member

I guess this means he will do Shen/Zhao's show in September. Gosh, can't believe I'll meet him again in 2 months!:rollin::rollin:

24. inthemiddle

25. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

PML! That guy actually makes Evan (and Erin) look short! Nice to see Evan hanging out with Erin again.

26. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

27. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

Yes, they both looked short, LOL. BTW, Erin is rather tall for a woman, she and Evan look really nice together.

28. cheriepopo

cheriepopo New Member

That make-up did no favor for Erin, although I've only watched her on DWTS I think she actually is far more beautiful than on this photo! LOL

29. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Lips are a little dark--she doesn't need it, she actually looked great in DWTS rehersal footage where she had no makeup on at all. Lucky girl.

And yeah, I never thought I'd see a picture where someone made her and Evan look SHORT! (If Cheryl were in the picture you wouldn't see anything but the top of her head if he wanted to keep everyone else's faces in. ;) FTR, I'm not picking on her, she's my height.)

30. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

:wideeyes::confused::huh: Um, WHAT?! The ISU has been around since 1892. There's no way Lysacek is the first US man ever to be at the top of the figure skating world rankings by only having won 1 World title and 1 Olympic title in 2009/10. Dick Button was the first US man to really dominate the sport, so he would actually be the first ever US man to reach the top of ISU world rankings by having won 5 World titles and 2 Olympic titles. Just because Internet wasn't in existence back in 1948 doesn't mean that the ISU didn't have means of ranking skaters and it also doesn't mean that the rankings of skaters back in that time don't count. :lol: Icenetwork has only been in existence since 2008. Lysacek fans can be so funny. :rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.