Evan Lysacek changes agents.

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Polymer Bob, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

2. maureenfarone

maureenfarone Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link! I think this will work well for Evan and wish him the best.

3. Jenny81

Jenny81 Active Member

Good for him, IMO. :)
    Cheer up, Evan!!! I will support you.

4. A judge

A judge New Member

I do not understand why he wants to return to competitive skating. He will soon be 27 and I wonder if he could even get on the podium with the likes of Chan, Taka and H?

He is a good student. He should go to school for something.

5. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

Looking forward to his return. Curious as to why he feels the need to use Karen Kwan as a supplemental coach (is it again where Frank is located now?)
    :eek:

6. centerpt1

centerpt1 Active Member

Seems he is serious about coming back. Changing agents is a step in the right direction. I wonder how much he damaged his skating reputation during his I-am-a-star-and-too-good-for-skating phase. SOI (US) had a dismal run this year without him. He didn't go to Skate America after a place was held for him. Even if he is the greatest guy around- his agency made him look like an elitist snob. Here's hoping his new agency can present him in a more positive light. He has Olympic Gold! He needs the image to go with that.

He can be competitive if he can do 2 quads and a 3A in his FP..or 1 quad and two 3A's. We don't have a large stable of US men able to do that AND do everything else.

7. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just because he enjoys it.

Again, if this is what he wanted to do, he would do it. Maybe he'd prefer to skate competitively at the moment, and go to school later. Maybe he doesn't want to go to school.

8. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

I agree he damaged his reputation. But SOI? SOI (US) this past year was the best it has been in many years, IMO. The cast was great! The choreography terrific. I do not think Evan was missed.

9. centerpt1

centerpt1 Active Member

I meant in terms of number of shows/length of tour.

I hear it was a great show- unfortunately, the closest it came to me was a 13 hr drive one way. It used to come to the the neighboring town, 45 min away.

10. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

in the Frank/Mirai thread the question was asked if Frank is heading into semi-retirement. This could be a reason for keeping him as main coach but working with a supplemental coach too.

PML, can you imagine if the reigning OGM is at Nebelhorn? :lol:

11. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I didn't ever get the "I am a star and too good for skating" impression from him. From what I saw, he was pretty clear that he was burned out after the Olympics and wanted to take a break and try some other things for a while.

12. apatinar

apatinar Active Member

Eventually he should go to school to learn how to manage all that money he has made.. Has anyone checked out his net worth? WOW! He doesn't want to end up like Arantxa Sanchez Vicario in tennis who relatively recently disclosed that she is nearly broke after making millions and millions of dollars all because she didn't know how to manage her money.. I too don't understand why he is coming back. He is not shooting for gold, at most he can hope for is silver..He beat Dai at the last olympics but Chan and his judging assistants have taken it to the next level.

Rex and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

What is his net worth? I assume when you write "Wow", it is a lot. Sanchez said her parents lost 60 million of her money, which , of course, they deny. I am really shocked she had that much money.

My only disappointment is his choice of Samson and Delilah for the long program. It is not that I don't think it is excellent music, but there is so much good music going unused and yet year after year, decade after decade----so many use the tired old war horses. Gee, even Fleming used it for her Olympic program, back in ancient times lol.

I don't think Evan would be putting himself through this again if he thought he could not possibly win gold. And it would certainly be self defeating for him to even think that way.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  14. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Samson & Delilah? Oh well, I guess it wouldn't be Evan if he weren't using a warhorse :lol:
    But hey, if he can get three spots back for US men, I am all for it -- I love his competitive spirit!
    Go Evan!!!

15. Sasha'sSpins

Sasha'sSpins Well-Known Member

^^^
    THIS!

16. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

I'll be at World's 2013 and hope Evan's there too. I saw him skate a poor SP in 2006 Calgary and come back so strong in the LP. Then I saw him in 2009 LA and was so happy with his win. Looking forward to a possible repeat of at least a great showing! Go Evan :cheer2:

17. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

YEs, that's one of the things that has always boggledme about Evan. Every year he's be quoted saying how he wanted to be different, but every piece of music he's ever skated to is same-old-same-old. But I wonder how much Lori Nichol has to do with that.

18. zebobes

zebobes Active Member

Evan's definition of not that often used and other people's definition is different. I think he said that he liked Samson and Delilah because it was strong and repetitive, and not many skaters had used it before.

:lol:

From what I gather, Lori often gets blamed for picking "warhorses", but in her interviews about Carolina Kostner, she said how relieved she is that she gets to use relatively unknown pieces for her. So, I think it probably is usually the skaters are uncomfortable with going out of the box... or else Lori realizes that they aren't capable of handling unknown pieces.

19. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

20. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

WOW, that is impressive... Congratulations to Evan! Stockholm is great, but I just worry about Minsk, will he have to fly with Russian planes, LOL?

21. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Last photo in the gallery. Lysacek's new outfit. Brace yourselves, folks: there's gray in it. . . . and white. (along with the black.)

IN gallery from Ice Chips

22. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

Yes, but it's hideous. GO BACK TO BLACK, EVAN!

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  23. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I agree - that combination of colours really doesn't do anything for him.

24. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

I remember when Kwan made a huge deal out of doing something different for her FS in the 2001-2 season: she was going to play a character, and it wasn't even necessarily a likeable character. Then she skated to "Scheherezade."

25. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

My problem was really with the empire waist. Lol. ;)

26. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

:D :D :D :D...

27. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

He must have borrowed that "jumpsuit" from the estate of the late Jack LaLanne... :D

http://www.daytimetvphotos.com/other_categories/images/Jack-LaLaine.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jX9QklC3G4E/TT4YK_PsjiI/AAAAAAAADag/SDYjYqBpaHw/s1600/jack lalanne 3.jpg

http://www.acefitness.org/images/webcontent/certifiednews/May_2011/jack-lalanne2.jpg

Oh, wait - Evan has modified it by adding long sleeves and a sporty v-neck!

It will certainly be interesting if he really does come back. Johnny, too...

28. berthesghost

berthesghost Well-Known Member

Oh? Sounds exactly like her miraculous mandarin lp. Are u sure she was talking about shez?

29. dariko

dariko New Member

30. reckless

reckless Well-Known Member

Bear in mind that as reigning Olympic gold medalist, if Evan has any decent showing next year, he could stand to get a fair amount of endorsement money leading into the Winter Olympics. U.S. Sponsors will want recognizable American athletes and, while Shaun White, Gretchen Bleiler, and Lindsey Vonn will probably be the biggest names in terms of marketing (I'm assuming Apollo Ohno does not compete), there always is some demand for figure skaters, since it is the Olympics' biggest ratings draw in the U.S. Evan will probably be the most recognizable name, even if Davis & White were to beat V/M next year and come to the Olympics as reigning world champions.