Evan is doing a meet and greet in NY tomorrow w/ his OGM

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by ryanbfan, Jun 8, 2010.

1. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member

2. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Thanks! That is right around the corner from where I work - I hope to get off work to go!!!

3. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

If you do, have fun and bring back pictures! :)

4. Cheylana

Ryanbfan, thanks so much for the heads-up! My sister and I ended up going. It was cool. Just a meet n' greet, so no real time to chat with Evan, but it was cool seeing him in person, congratulating him on his success, taking photos and holding his shiny gold medal! I was surprised at how heavy that medal is! :cool:

My sister was more clever - she told him she was taking tango lessons (true) and would he mind posing with her in the tango hold. He was game, and she got an awesome photo, the smart girl she is! :lol:

kwanfan1818 and (deleted member) like this.
  5. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member

wow that sounds so awesome! yeah im not surprised about the no pics thing... but sometimes if you pull a fast one they'll be totally up for it :)

My mom and former exchange student went to meet Jenna Bush for a book signing (my mom was donating the book to my private school's auction for money for the school) and she mentioned the student was from the Netherlands. Even though no pics were allowed, Jenna wanted a pic with her so she got one! Awesome :)

And you are welcome for the heads up! I'm so jealous you got to hold his medal!

6. Cheylana

Oh, I should clarify, we were allowed to take photos with Evan, I think he signed and took photos with everyone who wanted them. I just meant my sister was clever that she used his DWTS experience to get a particularly awesome shot! I just got a regular photo, although that's still cool too :)

Awesome Jenna Bush story! That's cool you got her book signed by her :)

Anyway, thanks again!

7. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Good for her! :D Wish we could see it!

8. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Glad you were able to go and had a good time. Thanks for the reports.

9. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member

Lol, I didn't get to meet Jenna Bush. I was in school that day.

10. aymkjb88

aymkjb88 New Member

Glad to know you had a good time!

I heard Evan had another M&G yesterday in WI, but there's no mention of those events on either his official website or twitter, and there's no public anouncement at all, what is his agent doing?! :angryfire

Here're couple of other events that're not listed on his website:

According to Kristi Yamaguchi's recent interview, Evan will dance with Anna at Kristi's "Dancing the night off" charity dinner to raise fund for Always dream foundation. It'll be hold at SF Hilton on June 19. :cool:

Evan will also walk the red carpet at the world premier of Disney-Pixer's 3D movie "Toy Story 3" in LA on June 13. :swoon:

If FSOwebmaster reads this message, could you please update Evan's schedule on his website, especially the M&G with fans? Thanks!

11. Cheylana

That might explain why the line wasn't as long as I would have expected. Maybe 50-75 people, no more than 100 I would say.

12. 10J

10J New Member

I went also. I've met him before, and this time, it was all about the medal. Took a couple of pictures holding it, which is much heavier than you'd expect. I told him that I was going to be at Nationals this year and asked him if he would be and he kind of looked up at a woman who was possibly his agent? sort of asking her if he could answer the question and said something like, i don't think so.

13. cheriepopo

cheriepopo Active Member

wow I love this part! wish we could see this photo one day:D

btw, I always think that gold medal looks like Lays chips...:scream:

14. aymkjb88

aymkjb88 New Member

Here's a GREAT blog about Evan's M&G with fans in Chicago yesterday. It's a private event for FlexJet clients, so nothing is publicized. Sounds like everybody at the event had tons of fun with Evan! :swoon:

http://chicagohopeful.blogspot.com/2010/06/ice-skating-with-star.html

Ice Skating with Star

some of my favorite quotes:

Many thanks to Kim for sharing this awesome experience with us! <3 :swoon:

15. aymkjb88

aymkjb88 New Member

16. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

17. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

Bwah! I love how his gold medal looks like it's almost all the way to the ground on that little girl.

18. REO

REO New Member

That's an great picture! She looks so adorable.

19. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

20. TracyF

TracyF New Member

21. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Wow that was so nice of him to let that girl wear his medal. Cute!

22. Cheylana

Didn't Kristi get criticized for letting Arsenio Hall wear her gold medal back in the day? She was on his show, and he asked if he could try it on, and she's a nice girl so she said yes... I seem to recall some grumbling. Glad the Olympic PTB have lightened up since then! :)

23. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member

Evan looks great at the premiere!! Love the outfit.

24. igniculus

igniculus Well-Known Member

ITA. The woman, however, looks hideous. :yikes:

25. aymkjb88

aymkjb88 New Member

:respec: YES! Evan in Suit/Tux always makes me :swoon:, he's a very handsome gentleman.

Evan and Cheryl Burke at Toy Story 3 World Premiere

More gorgeous pictures from the red carpet

Click Here

Does anybody know if Evan will take the whole season off or just skip the GP?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  26. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member

I know, those shoes are a hot mess.

27. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

I don´t know, but would not be surprised if Evan will be doing the SOI 25th anniversary tour as a permanent cast member... That would mean that he is skipping the whole skating season.

28. aymkjb88

aymkjb88 New Member

come on, how can you call 2X DWTS champ hideous? :lol: plus, she made People Magazine's most beautiful list ;)

I was still wondering if Evan was teamed up with Cheryl instead of Anna, what would happen? :swoon:

29. aymkjb88

aymkjb88 New Member

Thanks! It'll be great if he'll become a permanent cast member and headliner of SOI 25th anniversary tour, his performances in Korea was superb and better than ever! :cheer2: Meanwhile, if he really decides to skip the whole season, Vancouver Olympics will probably be his swan song. If that's the case, I'm glad he could end his career on a perfect note. :respec:

Here's one more Man in Suit for all Evan fans. :swoon: Maybe he'll study Film Production in college?

Evan at the 46th Chicago International Film Festival Honors Ron Howard with its Silver Hugo Career Achievement Award

30. igniculus

igniculus Well-Known Member

I never even watched a single episode of DWTS! :rofl: I don't even know who she is, but she looks like a mess on that photo! :p