1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evan Bates injured

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by inthemiddle, Sep 29, 2010.

1. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

So relieved to hear everything went well yesterday.

Thanks for the update and pass along the best wishes of this Canadian fan as well please and thank you. :)

2. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Yay for successful surgeries. Thanks for the update, Gramps!

I'm sure it will be hard for him to wait until he's fully healed. . . if it were me, I'd be going NUTS watching everyone else skating (well, I did back in 07 when I broke my ankle & was off the ice for about 6 months, and I'm about as far from an elite skater as can be).

3. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

Another Canadian booster thanking you, Gramps ,for your update. Here's hoping for Evan's complete recovery and great success for him and Emily in the future.
    I believe in their triumphal return.

4. Sylvia

Sylvia Club comp. season is here!

I've been told that information on how to support Evan & Emily should be posted on their website by later this evening. :)

5. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Gramps, thank you for the update!

Please, let Emily and Evan know that their many fans will be thinking of them; and wishing Evan the best possible recovery.
    They will be missed, while away from competition.

6. mposl

mposl Member

I am glad the surgery went well. Hopefully he will have a speedy recovery and I am sure he and Emily will come back better than ever!

7. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update - I'm glad to hear the surgery was successful despite the severity of the injury. It'll be a hard wait and recovery but thank goodness they're in ice dance without jumps, I think they can make it back. :) Best of luck to Evan and Emily!

8. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

I see Evan's tweet, but it says he tweeted 29 minutes ago.

http://twitter.com/Evan_Bates

Anyway, get well soon Evan. I hope you come back strong next season. :cheer2:

9. meteor16

meteor16 New Member

I am so glad the surgery went well .
    Thanks for your update~

10. Sylvia

Sylvia Club comp. season is here!

Here's USFS' 10/1 press release: 2010 Olympians Samuelson and Bates Withdraw from 2010 Grand Prix Series

From Samuelson/Bates' official site: http://emily-evan.ice-dance.com/web/emily_evan_news.htm
    Link to USFS' Memorial Fund page: http://www.usfigureskating.org/content.asp?menu=donate&id=125

11. figsrus

figsrus New Member

12. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

That's an awesome interview! I like the interviewer, she asked some good questions and got a lot of info out of them. :lol: at Meryl, Fedor (?), and Marina.

13. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

I really like Evan and Emily. What a terrific spirit he has..

Hoping all goes well with his recovery.

14. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Evan posted a pic of his wound on Twitter; not for the faint of heart:

http://twitpic.com/2z51pm

Oohh. Ahh. Eeek. That makes my ankles hurt, and there's nothing wrong with them. *wince* Poor guy!

15. Dave of the North

Dave of the North Well-Known Member

A skater's foot is not a pretty sight :lol: at the best of times...

16. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

Actually, I think that the suture line looks really good. Clean without a sign of infection, swelling, etc. I would think that on the surface that his doctor was probably really happy at what he saw.