Eurovision 2014 in Beautiful Copenhagen

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by allezfred, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Well yeah, it's been a quite poor year so far so you never know. And same here. "Heartbeat" is the best for Eurovision, I think, because it's quite immediate. "You Don't Remember" was decent and well performed. Even if it doesn't do well, at least it would be something you could feel proud of. I hope it's one of those two.

2. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

Three horse race!

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

All these 10 points for "The Movie Song." The 'jurors' are either deaf or bribed. It's almost like Sochi Olympics! :drama: ;)

4. allezfred

OK, it's between Heartbeat and the Movie Song

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Fix! :drama:

6. allezfred

Graphic error! PML! :rofl: :eek:

7. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Well, that was quite embarrassing. :p

The ring song won, IMO. Now they just need to work on making the performance 'bigger' and they might be able to qualify.

2014 Irish Entry: Can Linn feat. Kasey Smith "Heartbeat"

8. allezfred

And just to cap it all the reprise gets cut off! :rofl:

Now I'm going to rewind and watch the fight again. :watch:

9. allezfred

10. allezfred

11. poths

poths Well-Known Member

Funniest thing of all, Linda Martin proclaiming that she's an intelligent woman

The cringe of it all.
    The late late' cheap production and embarrassingly Irish kitsch...
    The shite songs with shite singers and zero charisma .....
    The inability of the panel to articulate any kind of coherent sentence...

: scream: I'd rather we stayed at home this year.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Big day tonight! Romania and Estonia are choosing their entries. Lithuania is choosing the singer to sing "Attention."

Sweden is choosing last two songs for the final in Andra Chansen. Live broadcast here: http://www.svtplay.se/video/1761495/melodifestivalen-2014-andra-chansen

I hope that J.E.M. "Love Trigger" and Helena Paparizou "Survivor" make it.

13. wustfan

wustfan Member

Love Trigger is kind of catchy, but they can not sing.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Or rap. :D

My third choice would be "Echo" by Outtrigger. Fourth "Broeder" (because Svenning is so hot). Everybody else can bugger off home.

15. wustfan

wustfan Member

I want Helena Paparizou and Outtrigger to make it.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

SVT having 'graphic problems' as well. What a mess! :p

Ammotrack, J.E.M. and Ellinore Holmer are out placing 6th-8th but no idea in which order because of the SVT fail.

I am sad about J.E.M. but I agree that their vocals were just a total mess. Super glad about the other two being out of the way now.

Emmelie de Forest is performing "Rainmaker" which she wrote for Eurovision. I thought it wouldn't be premièred until the final proper! It's actually very catchy, Lion King style and I think it would have done very well in the actual contest. My guess is top 5.

ETA: Actually, she performed it already at the Maltese Final. I guess her label is milking the exposure she is going to get for all that it is worth, this kind of opportunity won't repeat itself again.

Emmelie de Forest "Rainmaker"

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  17. Aerobicidal

Aerobicidal Well-Known Member

De Forest's backup dancers' shirtless flailing is the epitome of Eurovision. And somewhat reminiscent of Silvia Night's backup dancers. . . .

18. wustfan

wustfan Member

I still don't like her and the songs, but the dancers were nice :D. My mom doesn't even remember her.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

DAMN! "Echo" is duelling against "Survivor." I wanted both of these songs to go through. :(

I guess that means that Paparizou is out.

I think her performance was really poorly thought through. She was just standing there, trying desperately to look sexy and then you have the fireworks randomly going off at the end, not even to an accent. Whoever directed that made as much effort as Zoueva deciding whether her teams should do cross-overs to warhorse A or warhorse B. :p

20. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

And the second duel is Linus Svenning vs. Martin Stenmarck which means State of Drama finish 5th.

I really hope Svenning wins this. Stenmarck's song is just so dated.

The duel system isn't fair and I don't think it exactly adds much drama either.

21. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Oh wow, Paparizou beats Outtrigger! I don't know if I feel happy for her or sad for the boys. I think I would prefer them coming through. At least it's something different.

Svenning beats Stenmarck, yes! :cheer:

22. wustfan

wustfan Member

Yay Svenning makes it.
    But I'm not too impressed by this year's songs.

23. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I agree. It's the weakest Melodifestivalen I can remember.

24. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Romania has chosen: Paula Selling & Ovi "Miracle".

Andra Chansen results were:
    5. Martin Stenmarck
    6. J.E.M.
    7. Ellinore Holmer
    8. Ammotrack

25. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Tanja "Amazing" wins in Estonia. 8.75 for PE but I think the song sounds very dated.

The Estonian jurors seemed deaf and dumb. I don't understand how that awful band could have come first in their vote and why they lowballed Sandra so much (she came 3rd in the televote). I also feel a bit sad for Lenna.

Vilija won in Lithuania so she will get to sing her own song. :) Here is her performance from the final: Vilija "Attention"

Albania and Lithuania are probably my two favourite entries so far.

P.S. I've just noticed that both "Survivor" and "Broeder" took part in the first Heat. So 4 songs from that heat made it to the final.

26. shah

shah Shhh...

I was so disappointed to see Tanja win the Estonian final. I kept my fingers crossed for Sandra and Lenna. You can imagine how shocked I was to see that two songs to battle in the superfinal were that Supercosmossomething band and a cheap "Euphoria" copy :/. Boo!

Thank G for Vlija! It reminds me of good old 90s and songs by Baby D :).

As for the Romanian song - :scream:.

27. shah

shah Shhh...

28. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

The Romanian song this year is really cheap trash. :/

And so is the Estonian one. I was also hoping for Sandra or Lenna winning. Everybody was in shock that the jury dumped Sandra so badly. But "Amazing" is the (slightly) lesser of two 'superfinal' evils at least.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Italy. My top 3 are Albania, Lithuania and Italy and whilst some songs like Hungary and Ireland are indeed acceptable, I really couldn't care less. What a mess!

29. shah

shah Shhh...

I know, I know, surely is "Amazing" the lesser evil (btw, the irony of the title :/), but that choreo :scream:. Not to mention lyrics. But who cares about the lyrics - it's Eurovision! Songs about shoes of love and pain, baking, mute uncles or Slavic girls who can make butter - oh yeah! :D.

30. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

France has made the right choice. Twin Twin "Moustache".

Azerbeijan will be represented by Dilara Kazimova. Song will be announced soon. I wonder why they bothered doing the whole massive show with castings nationwide when according to gossip, she was chosen way ahead of the actual 'final.' :p

UK will announce their entry tonight.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.