Eurovision 2013: How Euphoric!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by victoriaheidi, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxanne

Roxanne Member

I love watching the voting in Sweden. The juries are killing Heartbreak Hotel so I guess Ulrik wins. Bleh.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Israeli (male) presenter: '2 points to cutey mc pretty face song number 4' (that's Ewald). :rofl:

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

The juries are loving that bland piece of crap as expected. :(

"You" is getting quite a lot of points as well, fortunately.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Oh god... Carola as the interval act. :scream:

As Sylvia Night said: 'You vote for some UGLY OLD BITCH from Sweden.' :D

5. Aerobicidal

Aerobicidal Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

We need more Silvia Night in Eurovision this year. She would wipe the floor with Ulrik Munther.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Nooooo my feed totally froze just now out of all times. :drama:

7. Aerobicidal

Sean Banan wasn't even remotely close! Sad surprise. Good surprise: Same fate for Ulrik.

ETA: Public goes for Yohio but "You" still wins. Very cute reaction. The song does nothing for me but I'm not watching this for the music anyway.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

YES! I can't believe Robin won! :cheer2:

He didn't even qualify to the final straight away but needed to go through Andra Chansen!

Hahaha, innit the truth! :D

9. wustfan

wustfan Member

Yayh Robin :cheer:

10. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Awwwwww Stjernberg doing the victory performance now and he can't sing at the start because he's tearing up. :)

11. wustfan

wustfan Member

I wonder if he has a chance to win. He is cute and it's one of the better songs.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Based on how shit the standard has been this year so far, I think it's a pretty safe bet that this will definitely place top 5 at least.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

This is the first time in history that a song that qualified through Andra Chansen won.

Stjernberg interviewed and now he can't speak because he's tearing up. Bless him. :)

14. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Just rewatched the voting since my feed kept freezing up. Stjernberg's reaction was so cute, he was sure that Yohio had won.

Romania is deciding atm btw. My bets on Luminita Anghel.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Romania has chosen Cezar (thanks to the public vote).

Romania - Cezar "It's My Life" :rofl:

Seriously, WTF!!!

Well, at least it's not boring. :p

But I am sad because Electric Fence "Emilia" was a really good entry and it deserved to win. :(

Luminita Anghel's "Unique" was very decent as well. A real James Bond vibe, slick choreography, good performance.

Can't believe that neither of those won but Cezar out of all people...

A special mention for Narcis Iustin Ianau's totally bonkers "Seven". :rofl:

Poor thing, looks really uncomfortable and out of his comfort zone on that stage. Zero charisma or personality.

On another note, if you wondered what Alyona Lanskaya's song is about, wonder no more:

'According to the authors, the idea of the song is based on the abstract planet that is called "Solayoh". Hearty and sincere people live there. They believe in miracle and everything that happens around is a mystery. Their hearts are filled with love.

Happy people draw their inspiration to express and reveal themselves through music, dancing and laughing. The main components of the success in life on the planet "Solayoh" are trust, hope and love. The mission of our planet is to share the energy of love and inspiration.'

I don't think I've ever heard a bigger pile of shite.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  16. wustfan

wustfan Member

Call me superficial, but Cezar can sing to me any time.

17. shah

shah Shhh...

Robin :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Romania, otoh :scream:.

18. shah

shah Shhh...

Dutch song. Extremely sad, but very intriguing...

19. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

That is very good. It will really stand out amongst all the bland crap.

I feel like this could go either way.

If they carefully think stage direction through and prepare a stunning show - like "Euphoria" did - this could even possibly win.

But if she just stands there with a microphone stand, looking sad, it might barely make the final and place around 20th.

I hope they come up with a good idea to present it.\

ETA: I've re-listened to this a number of times now and I am really enchanted. Anouk does this quite insufferable brand of bland and predictable faux-angsty pop rock. And I was expecting something crap. She has really surprised me with this beautiful, epic elegy. Definitely not what I was expecting. The juries are probably going to love it. Not sure about the public though.

It's definitely very of-the-moment in that it has this spacey, blue, cinematic kind of feel like Lana Del Rey's stuff.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  20. Roxanne

Roxanne Member

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  21. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

22. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

23. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Croatia - Klapa s Mora "Mižerja"

The 'It's a bit like Il Divo on a budget.' YT comment says it all really. :p

Ukraine - Zlata Ognevich "Gravity"

This is the new recorded version. Pretty, Disney movie song. Ukraine will once again surely place top 10. That video is terribly amateurish though. Ugh.

In other news, there has been a great an important rule change:
    http://www.esctoday.com/48047/eurovision-rules-change-juries-are-ranking-all-the-songs/

Instead of just top 10 songs counting, juries will be ranking all of the songs now, which should produce fairer, more balanced results. :)

"Kismet" has conveniently had 'copyright issues.' ;)
    http://www.esctoday.com/48184/bulgaria-kismet-was-replaced-due-to-copyright-reasons/

24. Roxanne

Roxanne Member

25. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

It's a definite improvement, yes. But it's still a quite a mediocre track and it's his live vocals which are the biggest issue. :p

26. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Lots of new videos up!

Azerbeijan - Farid Mammadov "Hold Me"

He's hot. Such a cheesy power ballad. Weakest AZE entry ever?

Belgium - Roberto Bellarosa "Love Kills"

I like the music, I like the verses but the chorus is awful. It's hilarious how he's the winner of "The Voice Belgique" given how he sang at the national final. :p

Bulgaria - Elitsa & Stoyan "Samo Shampioni"

It's a bit shit but happy clappy and will probably go down well. I love the drums in this and people usually like the song with an 'ethnic feel.'

Cyprus - Despina Olympiou "An Me Thimase" (If You Remember Me)

A pretty ballad. This should do well. It bores me, though.

France - Amandine Bourgeois "L’Enfer et Moi"

It's a good song but I'm not really feeling it at the moment.

Israel - Moran Mazor "Rak bishvilo"

GFB. She looks like a drunk librarian. :rofl:

Montenegro - Who See "Igranka" (Party)

No, Montenegro won't enter the final this time either. What a piece of crap.

Netherlands - Anouk "Birds"

This official video almost makes me lose all of the respect I had for her.

It desperately screams 'Oh look at me, I am an authentic, credible artist, just me and the microphone, no fancy video, that's how it should be.' etc. PISS OFF. It's not like she's actually singing live.

Spain - El SueƱo de Morfeo "Contigo hasta el final"

That's the official video.

Switzerland - Takasa "You and Me"

They have changed their name to a Swahili word which means 'clean' and it's also a play of words on 'The Artist Known as Salvation Army.' Their uniforms won't be allowed either so they will perform in black trousers and white shirts. I hope they go to hell and don't get out of their semi. Homophobic assholes.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  27. Jenya

Jenya Well-Known Member

28. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

VALENTINA MONETTA! :cheer2:

San Marino - Valentina Monetta "Crysalide"

So it starts and I think 'hmmm that's a bit too serious face and boring.' But there is a lot of drama and the song grows on me. And then suddenly it picks up and explodes into an orgasm of amazingness. Can't believe Siegel actually penned it. FORZA VALENTINA! This has to qualify to the final!

Dull as dishwater.

29. Roxanne

Roxanne Member

I love San Marino's song. If Italy was voting in their semi, I think San Marino would qualify for the first time.

30. Aerobicidal

I just remembered the Valentina Monetta song was being released today and rushed here for the link--thanks! It's very Eurovision-competent, which isn't really a good thing for me, but I will always love her for "beep beep ooh oh oh."

If someone showed me that Bulgarian video with no explanation, there is no way in hell I would guess it (the video in particular, although the song as well) was produced in 2013! It's kind of hilarious, and not boring, so it gets my support.

ETA: The Israeli woman's appearance! Her stylist either needs to be fired or get a reality TV show, or both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.