Eurovision 2013: How Euphoric!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by victoriaheidi, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxanne

Roxanne New Member

if we can't find enough people, can my cat vote? :D
  2. allezfred

allezfred Prick Admin Staff Member

It hasn't come to that. Yet. :lol:
  3. Hanna

Hanna Wheeeeeeeeeee

Oh I just noticed I've been added although I've completely forgotten about this and therefore didn't sign up yet! Thanks, apparently you know me better than I do. :lol:
  4. itsartemis

itsartemis Enjoy your doron, Daisuke!

If there is a problem finding people to vote, I have a friend who would be more than happy to participate. He's been following our competition for years through me. He always wants to know what Fred and Ziggy thinks about the songs. :)
  5. allezfred

Thanks for the offer. I may be getting back to you on it. :lol:
  6. sodapop

sodapop New Member

I started my "research" for 2013 last night and I can't get past Romania.
  7. Zokko!

Zokko! Comansnala?

My budgies Mona & Max are ready to vote as well. Quite distinguished little birdies. ;)
    They secretly let me know they'll even drop a few points to Ireland ... :saint:
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  8. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

Well, at least they can sing! ;)
  9. allezfred

That's very nice of Mona & Max, but it won't be necessary. ;)

Anyway, thanks to everybody who has voted so far! :cheer:

A bit off topic, but I came across this yesterday. Rather random that Belinda Carlisle would have covered the 1966 Eurovision winner from Austria and in French no less. :lol;
  10. FarFarAway

FarFarAway Choice is an illusion

Decided to have a look at the contestants today finally. Haven't seen them before and only know that Russia is sending the winner of some talents show, which I didn't even follow:D Okay, the revelations time is here.
  11. FarFarAway

It seems like Austria finally found a talent, much better than the last years orgy.

Estonia is so lyrical that it is definitely not my cup of tea anymore.

Slovenia - are those sexy men free? I am lucky Mr. FarFarAway doesn't see me or them at the moment :D

Croatia - why do they stand for half minute with closed eyes, like praying? :D They are funny tho and at least they do sing

Denmark has potentially good song, but she can't sing.

"Adele" Garipova definitely forgot how to sing. She used to sing much better. This is not Skyfall.

Ukraine has a very energetic song, spoiled by some man producing some doubtful sounds in the background. Please, do fire him before going to Sweden.

Netherlands trying to copy Birdy? Not a very good attempt.

Oh my, can I give up with Montenegro? I should have been more careful. She has got extremely long legs tho. That should get PEGI 18 or whatever else with M rating.

Lithuania - lovely guy, but there is something either with the sound or his singing.

Belarus is all about traditional trash pop. Good song for the party in the pub, but nothing more.

With that hairdo and dress style Moldavian girl looks like she has some eating disorders. That doesn't do any good for her singing.

I wanna marry Ryan Dolan. Is gay marriage allowed in Ireland?

Cyprus - is this an ode to the banking system?

I wonder if Serbia was inspired by last year's Austria performance?
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  12. FarFarAway

Okay, I just watched the second semifinal and I have got one question left - will Romania win this contest? :rofl:
  13. Zokko!

Zokko! Comansnala?

No, Montenegro ... :scream:
  14. FarFarAway

And I am representing this beautiful country this year. *deep sad sigh*
  15. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

As usually - listening to the songs without actually seeing, so even if the singer is extremely hot I have no clue.. first semifinal

1 Croatia - thanks for not singing English. Loved the song, doubt it'll make it to the final though, pure enjoyment! Thanks, Croatia!

2 Estonia - am quite sure I heard that song before as well. Thanks for singing in Estonian (I assume it's Estonian?). Lovely song. Lovely singing.

3. Netherlands wow. That was not expected.

4 Russia - a bit bummered she sang in English, but all and all lovely. Oh shit, why did she have to change the key!??!?!?!?

5 Denmark - so so. An ok song, imho quite unrecognizable. The voice is nice, liked the flutes.

6 Cyprus - a nice start, am afraid in a couple of seconds she'll start shouting to a techno rhythm. Wow, she is not jumping to a club to sing that song! Thanks! I fell asleep somewhere between the 2nd to 3rd hour of the song. Her singing is almost as long as Majorov's SP.

7 Belgium - am pretty sure I heard that song before and it was not a Belgium Eurovision entry.

8 Lithuania - he is tone deaf and probably doesn't speak English. He is fighting both the tunes and the lyrics loosing both wars. He also forgets to sing every end of the sentence when he goes deeper. It just disappears...

9 Ireland - erm... ok, they shouted something there....

10 Austria - she is a bit off key sometimes. The song is not extremely annoyng, so thanks for that. Wait, a key change in the last part, ok, now it's extremely annoying.

11 Serbia - made a mistake of looking at them. Seriously, who told them it's ok to do what they do on the stage?!??!?!

12 Moldova - it wasn't even really bad, I just hated it for no good reason

13 Slovenia - what a loud shouting...

14 Montenegro - lol, ok , whatever.

15 Ukraine - I wish she wasn't shouting in English. Am sure the same shouting in Ukrainan would be better. Also when singing in English perhaps the differences between the Ukrainan and the English `t' should be taken into the consideration.

16 Belarus - is it supposed to be Belarussian?!?!? Not turkish or greek? One of the worst I've ever heared.
  16. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

2nd semifinal - an incredible collection of the songs that are generally with the exception of Hungary being exceptionally good and Israel/Azerbaijan and Romania being exceptionally bad.

1 Hungary - no idea what are they singing about, but it sounds a lot like Al Bano, generally lovely

2 Bulgaria - oi, Elitsa and Stojan again! Will she be in the right key this time?

3 Latvia

4 Albania - dude, smoking is not good for you. Otherwise is ok...

5. Georgia - ok, nice...

6Malta - well you done done me and you bet I felt it... oh, wait, it's a different song, Mroz just donated the most of it to Malta.

7 Iceland - nice, wish he didn't change the key

8 Finland - I somehow expected the usual nice singing, why did they have to get closer to East Europe?!?! Guess Kiira projects a completely wrong perseption of Finland - I keep thinking everyone there is so classy and has a good taste.

9 Armenia - it's surprisingly not bad. I expected a half naked shouting lady...

10 Macedonia - everything was fine while I was just listening without looking. Just an average bad restaurant music. But FarFarAway just had to tell me I must look. Where is that bucket of brain bleach I need now so badly?!

11 Greece - erm... guess it was supposed to be funny, right?

12 Norway - am waiting for the music and singing to begin. A minute into the song and still waiting...The song is over, and there was till no music. Oh well, a clear winner.

13 Switzerland - erm.. ok

14 San Marino - erm... ok

15 Romania - wait, I'll scratch myself off the floor. Why on earth he thinks it's something to sing at the Eurovision!?!??! Ok, am not objective - not too fond of contratenors in general.

16 Israel very unpatriotic of me, but I hated the song and the singing

17 Azerbaijan - Bilan was bad, a Bilan copycat is even worse
  17. Aerobicidal

Aerobicidal Well-Known Member

I hadn't seen the Maltese entry before today, and now I have an overwhelming urge to punch someone. Between Malta, Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, and Switzerland, I'm going to need a vat of hard liquor to make it through the second semifinal.
  18. sweetsparky

sweetsparky Well-Known Member

The best FSU time of the off season is here! :cheer2: :rockstar: I have to watch a lot of videos :COP:
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Domshabfan

Domshabfan Well-Known Member

My favourite for this year is Iceland, I liked the song. However, they are not going to get any points from me since I am doing the Icelandic voting at teh FSU contest. I should have never picked Iceland as my FSU contest country since I usually like their entries...

I thought most countries like Greece are trying very hard not to win this year, and I think their entry has clearly made sure they won't win...
  20. Zokko!

Zokko! Comansnala?

Actually ... the Greece entry is my 2nd favourite one this year ... :shuffle:
    Love the cuddly Icelandic guy, the song instead is kind of :blah: ,imho.
  21. Roxanne

Roxanne New Member

22. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

23. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Oh wow, Abba and Avicii composing a theme for Eurovision! :eek:

Honestly, Sweden should host it every year. No other country has ever treated it so seriously and made so much effort (AZE has spent tons of money but not in a particularly clever way).

On another note, I stumbled upon Yohio's debut Japanese single. It's much better than 'Heartbreak Hotel' that's for sure.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INKCPOQL98c

It's one of the strongest entries this year. Very professional and slick production.
  24. allezfred

25. shah

shah Well-Known Member

allezfred, I know that curiosity killed the cat, but when can we expect results from both semis? :)
    I hope all the "countries" involved had already sent their votes :).
  26. allezfred

Sorry for not updating you all sooner. It has been a bit of a crazy weekend. I'm waiting on one set of votes which I am hoping to get shortly.

I'm looking at Tuesday to reveal the results as I am also a bit busy tomorrow evening. :)
  27. shah

shah Well-Known Member

whee! looking forward to tomorrow!
  28. allezfred

Results from 8pm (Irish Standard Time) this evening.
  29. Hanna

Hanna Wheeeeeeeeeee

:cheer:
  30. allezfred

OK, ready to go with Semi 1.
  31. allezfred

First qualifier is:

Slovenia
  32. allezfred

Second qualifier is:

Montenegro
  33. allezfred

Third qualifier is:

Netherlands
  34. allezfred

Fourth qualifier is:

Ukraine
  35. allezfred

Fifth qualifier is:

Denmark
  36. allezfred

Sixth qualifier is:

Ireland
  37. allezfred

Seventh qualifier is:

Serbia
  38. Roxanne

Roxanne New Member

Nothing surprising so far. I hope Russia doesn't qualify.
  39. allezfred

Eighth qualifier is:

Croatia
  40. allezfred

Ninth qualifier is:

Austria
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.