Eurovision 2013: How Euphoric!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by victoriaheidi, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

2. Roxanne

Roxanne Member

3. Evilynn

Evilynn ((Swedish skating dudes))

:yikes: Every kid in the country is probably voting for it, I fear for the sanity of all Kindergarten teachers who'll have to listen to it on repeat for a year or so. :lol: It was interesting to read the English translation, it looks so very proper! :lol: The Swedish version is filled with "nysvenska" and slang.

I'm kinda hoping YOHIO wins (even if the song kinda sucks - he didn't get to write his own apparently) because being a hetero boy looking like that in a small town up north isn't a cake walk and I'd be pleased if people'd embrace it (and also it's fun to get some faux-Japanese musicians in contrast to the abundance of faux-Americans ;))

4. shah

shah Shhh...

otoh, Swedish House Wives were robbed of a place in the final! :mad: :p

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

"Water" is indeed a Eurovision legend and one of the more memorable tracks so good choice Bulgaria. :)

Shah, come on. Swedish House Wives was typical schlager crap :p (I guess that might be a bad thing or a good thing depending on your point of view ;)).

Evilynn, if YOHIO wins, I will top myself. Pretty much every single song that has qualified to the final so far is more fun, better or both. :p

"Copacabana" is simply glorious in a so-bad-it's-good way, David Lindgren's song really pucks a punch and let's not forget about the return of one of the best musical acts ever: Army of Lovers. I really really hope that their comeback track kicks ass and wins.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Oh and just a reminder of what STUPID FINNISH PEOPLE did not pick.

This is an absolute masterpiece. I still cannot believe it lost to that cheap, trashy piece of crap. :(

Mikael Saari "We Should Be Through"

*makes me cry each time* :drama:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  7. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

8. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Thanks. Hard to say anything about it just after hearing them (badly :p) harmonising in the studio, trying things out.

Whatever it's going to sound like, at least it will stand out with them going for a traditional folk music angle.

9. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

The song will be recorded this week, so I will post it here as soon as I have it.
    From what I heard - It will be different.

10. shah

shah Shhh...

wheee!!!!

haha, I agree about Swedish House Wives - it was schlager crap extreme, but I found it quite amusing :D. more than a song about dead fish swimming upstream :p.
    my words fail me to describe what I feel when I see/hear "Copacabanana" :D. although the melody somehow sounds familiar. "Dragostea din tei," maybe?

now I'm waiting for Army of Lovers :glamor:.
    and Valentina Monetta's song :D.

and sorry, but the Finnish song is ridiculously bad...

11. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

12. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Valetina Monetta's song is called "Chrysalis" and based on the description it probably will be very seriousface and not at all like Facebook. :(

13. Aerobicidal

Aerobicidal Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that was the exact same impression I got from reading about the song. To make up for it, I think Russia should track down the people who wrote the Plushenko tribune song ("Evan Lysacek can't you see/ You are no superhero to me") and create a stage show inspired by this.

14. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

Booo! :mitchell:

15. victoriaheidi

victoriaheidi New Member

:( On the Valentina Monetta front, especially considering how many social networks have only two syllables.

Is there any word on what the UK's doing?

16. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Internal selection. Trying to find a major artist who will agree to represent them. And it won't be easy.

So far it's been leaked that Hurts and Sophie Ellis-Bextor have been approached and both said 'No.'

17. shah

shah Shhh...

Unser Song für Malmö 2013 in Germany live online at the moment...I completely forgot about it and I've seen only 3 songs... I hope to get a recap afterwards...

18. shah

shah Shhh...

I'm afraid Cascada is going to win this, despite a crap song...

19. Zokko!

Zokko! Comansnala?

20. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ, are most Germans totally tone deaf? Her vocals were simply atrocious.

Cascada has had some massive dance hits in the past but this song isn't even particularly catchy. It's just bad. It won't even place top 10.

Oh well, this was very predictable.

((Ben Pearce)) :(

21. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

22. Roxanne

Roxanne Member

Exactly, everyone was shit so I don't understand the complaints about Cascada winning. She deserved to win imo. Unless you guys really wanted LaBrassBanda to win. I suppose that would have been funny.

23. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

It would be funny. Funny as in, funny /slitwrist. ;P

Ok so more news! :cheer:

Cyprus Revealed Their Entry

Despina Olympiou "An Me Thimase"

It's really shit. Dull dull boring. :yawn:

Slovenia Revealed Their Entry

Hannah "Straight Into Love"

Now that is more like it! An average dance track but at least it doesn't put you to sleep. Those are studio vocals but she seems to have a powerful voice. Well this is shit but at least Eurovision happy clappy kind of shit. :D

24. victoriaheidi

victoriaheidi New Member

Well, I love Cascada, so I guess I'm glad they'll be at Eurovision.

25. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

26. Roxanne

Roxanne Member

I hope the guy who butchered Euphoria doesn't win.

27. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Haha that was terrible indeed.

The way Austrian final works is they sing two songs.

One is a song that won Eurovision and the other is the song they want to represent Austria with.

So far we had Elija murdering "Euphoria" and Falco Luneau performing his "Rise Above The Night" (BORING!) and now Yela is performing "Feels Like Home" (BORING! x3).

:yawn:

Don't know why I'm even watching this given all Austrian songs this year are so dull. :p

Natalia Kelly is going to win by a massive landslide anyway.

28. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Elija is performing his song now and I have to say it's best out of the three we had so far. Generic pop rock but very catchy and radio friendly. At least he's not boring you to death.

29. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Natalia Kelly is also boring me. :yawn:

Her live vocals aren't very sharp, she's failing to hit the higher notes, it seems to me.

30. Roxanne

Roxanne Member

There's no way Natalia's not going to win. I suppose that's the best choice they have. I miss the Trackshittaz. At least their song was catchy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.