Eurosports Worlds 2013 coverage

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by PashaFan, Mar 12, 2013.

1. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

It's so unfair that British Eurosport are showing tennis from 4 until midnight (Some not even live) yet other Eurosport channels are showing the Women's short. Why do the viewers in the UK get so little ?.
  2. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I know they've already been paid and have sold the rights. I have just complained that Eurosport uses skating as a 'filler' sport between tennis/football/snooker and that although they have the rights to show skating, that means they have also the rights not to show it which is frustrating and annoying. I wrote that I would be happy to pay for the ISU channel if they cared to broadcast until Eurosport actually went live. I have not as yet had a reply. Surprise :lol:

These people buy up the sporting rights from sports governing bodies http://www3.ebu.ch/cms/en/services/sports/rights
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  3. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

I know it's sooo disappointing.:(
    Don't worry I'm sure BES will maybe kindly show the top three ladies in between
    the SD groups at midnight :rolleyes:
  4. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

Highlights of the ladies short are still scheduled for Friday evening after the pairs free. I'm so hoping this does not get nixed for yet MORE TENNIS.
  5. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

I've just checked and YES Ladies is on at Six o'clock today till eight :rolleyes::D
    Eurosport can't make it's mind up .:rolleyes:
  6. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

Thanks for the info. Are Eurosport about to do something right for once :lol:
  7. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

8. JP1

JP1 Member

:) YES , Ladies Sp is now on British Eurosport !
  9. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

Don't forget that the BBC Red Button has full coverage live of both the pairs free & Men's free today !
  10. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Whooo BBC.Definately not staying up for the mens will watch tomorrow on tape as mens is my least favourite :D
    Plus staying up for the SD is catching up with me now :lol:I'm usually in bed before 11 :lol:
  11. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

And now we have to stay up until three in the morning for the ladies free !. I'll be dead by midnight !.
    Anyone watching Eurosport getting dodgy sound ?. Kinda bumpy. I don't have HD, it's just the standard.
  12. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Are BBC showing FD red button today ?ES showing it Sunday morning :mad:
    If not I'll have to watch the Latvian link .
  13. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

Check the red button just before 20.50 for the Free Dance & then the ladies straight after. The BBC are showing the free dance online live (I think). I will check.
  14. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

It's scheduled for 19.30 :)
  15. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

Only 1 hour for the Gala on Eurosport tonight. Sad.
  16. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

I don't know about you but my brain is skated out :lol:I'm not too bothered as we've seen all the programmes they'll be doing before anyway Hallelluyah Fade into you Mary Poppins etc :lol:
    Hasn't it been great though ?
  17. mella

mella is lutz crazy!!!

BES just add insult to injury. FD scheduled for 10pm tonight. What do we have? Unscheduled cycling fluff and no actually reschedule showing on the programming. ES HD shows a reschedule to 2235 then 2250. Skating then starts at 2230 so I have plenty of messed I recording. Grrrrrr!!!! Started with group two so I assume the following Gala programming will be delayed and then cut short or the following programming extended.

My last ES rant of the seaon - My mother will be relieved not to have to hear this again for a few months!
  18. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

Yep, my family are thrilled the skating season is over so they can have their tv back !. Eurosport don't have a clue how to treat their viewers but I kinda knew it would be like this. I guess we should be grateful we got as much as we did.
    Also, nuge I know how you feel. By 12.30 last night I just wanted to see Yuna skate & then go to bed. I was past it. Great season though. I hope we get as much of the grand prix series later this year what with it being the Olympic season.