Eurosports Worlds 2013 coverage

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by PashaFan, Mar 12, 2013.

1. PashaFan

PashaFan Well-Known Member

The Women's Short has just gone from the Eurosport listings in favour of yet more tennis.
    No pairs short & no women's short. Yep.......................Even worse than last year. Classic Eurosport :mad:

2. umronnie

umronnie Well-Known Member

3. PashaFan

I was just looking on the Yahoo/Eurosport tv listings. I really hope you are right. The Women's short is always a highlight for me at any championships. I was looking at the British Eurosports listings. Are you the same?.

4. umronnie

umronnie Well-Known Member

I am looking to Eurosport International

5. morqet

morqet Well-Known Member

It's gone from British Eurosport. :( @EurosportUKTV if you feel like complaining at them...

6. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

You get Russian Eurosport on TVTeka.

7. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

It's like a bad joke - coverage of every part of the competition for 4CC and Junior worlds and a pile of crap for Europeans and worlds....they are so completely clueless.

8. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

I can still see it there. It is on Friday at 19.00 at British Eurosport 1.

http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/

9. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

Yes, it's still there as hanca says. Not live, but I don't think it ever was this time. 1h 45m should hopefully cover more than the top two groups. Perhaps the last two plus a few selected skaters. After all, Kim won't be in the final or penultimate group, so it would be rather :eek: if she were chacked.

10. Carina

Carina Member

The Live coverage from the FD and the Gala is now gone from ESP 2 on international (nordic at least) :-:)(
    ESP 1 still lists a 90 min coverage from the FD sunday at 23:00 and 60 min from the Gala Monday 00:30 CET. Happily I just discovered that swedish TV 4 have fully live coverage on internet, probable geoblocked though.

11. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

I think The BBC are showing a lot on the RED button .

We have to wait till Sunday night 22.00 to see FD :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  12. PashaFan

BBC are showing all four FD's. Two on Saturday & Two on Friday.
    Yet again I'm disgusted with British Eurosport. DON'T complain to them complain to the ISU. They have sold them the rights. Pissing off the viewers is not the right way to go.

13. momnatur

momnatur Member

Ziggy,

Where is, and how do I connect to this? And how would I know anything about what is being shown since I don't read russian? Please help.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

tvteka.com

If you use Chrome (which is the best browser anyway), you can translate the whole page into English.

You get loads of Russian tv channels (not just Eurosport but other ones as well and they will be showing Worlds too) both live and on-demand.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  15. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

TVTeka is a paid subscription service ($12/month?) but there is a 2-3 day free trial period that needs to be requested ahead of time - via Google Translate: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://tvteka.com/support/forums (click on the "Trial" link)

"We provide potential users of a single trial using the service duration from 2 to 3 days, depending on your time zone."
    How does a person know if it's a 2 or 3 day trial period? Worlds competition is 4 days long (Wed.-Sat.).

Also, it might take up to 24 hours for the free trial to kick in.

ETA that Jenna received her confirmation free trial email from TVTeka very quickly and it said it's for 3 days.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  16. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

To Request the Free Trial:

1) Go to http://www.tvteka.com
    2) Click on the white box on the top beginning with "Pe.." and type in an email and password you want to use to log in to Tv Teka.
    3) Go to your email and click the link they send you to confirm your account.
    4) Go back to TVTeka and log in.
    5) You should see a blue drop down menu in the top right corner below your email. Click on the third option under the drop down menu.
    6) This should take you to a screen with a green button. Click the green button to request the free trial. You should also get an email about this.

Apparently it can take as long as 24 hours for the free trial to kick in so do it now!

17. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

HELP! I managed to subscribe to TV Teka for a month ($12) but, without Google Chrome, I am lost in the sea of Russian channels. Can anyone tell me EXACTLY what channel Worlds will be on? Will all events be on the one channel? Thanks!!! :saint:

18. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

According to this post in the 2013 Worlds forum in Kiss and Cry:

19. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

:cheer: Thank you so much, Sylvia!

20. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

My best advice would be to show up on FSU at 11:50 EST on Wednesday.
    The Pairs Short should be live on channel
    Cпорт
    with words
    Фигурное Катание
    or
    Чемпионат мира по Фигурному катанию.
    No worries, you'll find it! If you have any problems, post here or in Pairs Short thread.

21. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

Done :)

22. antmanb

But the ISU have been paid for the right s- they've got what they wanted $$$$$s i can't imagine the ISU would care if the viewrs are being shafted. If they cared about actually getting the sport out to a greater number of viewers they'd drop the cost and/or spread it around more (or put it up on youtube or their own channel as soon as possible), since they don't I can't imagine the ISU will do anything.

23. PashaFan

Thanks skatefan !
    I just checked my Sky planner & the Women's short is now Eurosport on Friday early evening. Let's just hope it stay's there !

24. PashaFan

Can anyone sort this out for me ?. My Sky planner is now showing that the men's SP starts at 11 tonight on Eurosport but does not end until 7.30 in the morning !. This can't be right. Do you think they will show the pairs SP after the men's short ?. Or is that just very wishful thinking ?!

25. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

There's no programming at all between the end of Men SP and 7:30 in the morning.

26. PashaFan

:mad:
    I've just emailed the ISU to tell them how bad it is the British Eurosport are showing their usual Wednesday selection (Small boring progames) while LIVE skating is going on.
    Who runs Eurosport ?. They should be fired.

27. antmanb

I spotted that too - I think it's a blip in the programming - it usually goes to the shopping channel at 2am and I suspect it will do at 2am. Unless they fix the listing, though, your recording it likely to be 8hrs or more - with a good 6 hours of home shopping at the end.

28. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

How do I access red button on BBC? I have never done that.

29. AnnMJensen

AnnMJensen Member

Thanks to you all for the links. I have Tvteka all set to go as soon as I walk back in the door from the rink. fingers crossed.

30. antmanb

It's only available if you are in the UK and watching live at the time it is being broadcast (in other words you can't set up sky plus or tivo to record the red button). You go to any BBC channel and then press the red button on your remote control and menu comes up with different viewing options.