Eurosport coverage

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by nuge, Oct 1, 2012.

1. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

I emailed them on the Monday of the European Championships and got an automatic response immediately and this, rather unsatisfactory response about an hour later:

2. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

Thanks for the info. Still fuming that they wrecked the Euro's. 4CC's look good but I'm European so would have liked more of the Euro's instead.

3. ostile17

ostile17 Well-Known Member

I purchased a subscription to Eurosport player. It was working fine righaway, then I turned my pc off to go to work, and when I came back it wasn't working anymore.
    Any suggestions?

4. rayhaneh

rayhaneh New Member

What exactly is the problem: can you login or not even that? Maybe you can try with another browser? I know for instance that I have more trouble with Firefox than with IE

5. ostile17

ostile17 Well-Known Member

Thanks, rayhaneh: I was indeed using Firefox, but it's working fine now on Chrome. Thank you!!!

6. rayhaneh

rayhaneh New Member

Yeah! Happy it fixed it for you - and ahead of the Men's SP too :D

7. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I would highly suggest everyone to thank Eurosport for showing every single Pairs, Ice Dance and Men SP/SD performance today!

Let them know that their coverage is being appreciated. :)

I also told them that it would be great if they streamed the full figure skating events they have right to live through the Eurosport Player.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Oh and SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT Eurosport is broadcasting Junior Worlds...

In the past, we were able to watch everything live through the ISU website.

But now since Eurosport has the rights, we will only be able to watch like top 6 or whatever Eurosport decides to show and there will be no other way to watch the rest.

FCUK INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS! :mitchell:

9. momnatur

momnatur Member

Hey, would someone please post a url so that I can watch the us women underproduce tomorrow morning? Seriiously, though, can someone PLEASE direct me to where I can watch 4ccs? Btw, would the coverage be in english?

Thanks, in advance.

10. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

Somebody better at this than I probably will, but if I access Eurosport2 though TV tekka - and I found the link and intructions in the TV alert thread on this site. . It's not in English, and you'll need the google translator to navigate the site and pay your 12 bucks. There's another link and schedule in Hot Blades, Hot Passion which is the best place to find who's streaming what when.
    If you're in Canada, I read on twitter that Radio- Canada will stream the women's short.

11. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

12. momnatur

momnatur Member

13. Sylvia

However, I don't know if the 4CC Ladies' SP will be broadcast live by Eurosport (about 4 hours from now) - it takes place before but is listed after the live Men's FS in their broadcast schedule below that was originally posted in the Kiss and Cry:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Can somebody please kill Simon Reed? Thanks.

15. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Why ? I think he watches too much tennis these days :D

16. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

Skating commentators come a lot worse than Simon Reed. You should know that, Ziggy. :p ;)

skatefan and (deleted member) like this.
  17. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

I think he has been poor lately.I know I used to really love the partnership of Chris/Simon they worked well .Simon seems to be making mistakes more often now skaters names etc and not really making any constuctive comments.Now I much prefer Nicky Slater as he being a dancer knows what he's talking about .Hope we have Nicky for worlds.
    Simon should concentrate on the tennis.Maybe that's the problem too much tennis not enough skating.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

For the Simon Reed is the worst skating commentator ever. That is because he doesn't know shit about skating but pretends that he does and he will always cry foul about some skater who was undermarked and placed to low, without giving any reason for it and always being wrong. KILL HIM.

19. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Chris is on his own for the dance :shuffle:

20. umronnie

umronnie Well-Known Member

All those hours under the sun. It's no wonder his brain is fried.
    IF Eurosport promises to cover woulds and next years's Euro as well as they did 4CC I will personally buy him a wide brimmed hat. Fair enough?

21. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Thank god for that!

Chris has some very good insights and he does know what he's talking about. Although there's lots of detail that he totally misses.

22. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Poor Simon :(
    I was just thinking this morning I am never satisfied .Watching my skating I am overjoyed it's actually being shown on ES for a start but in an ideal world I like Chris/Nicky commentating and to view in HD :pAm I asking too much ? probably :D
    I was sure they were going to stay for the dance medals .

23. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

The skate gods heard me Eurosport 2 HD appeared on my channels :lol:
    Now I just need Nicky there at worlds.

24. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

I hope he'll be commentating at Worlds but he has some serious personal stuff going on as you probably know, so it may be Simon & Chris again.

25. tut88

tut88 Member

is already available a schedule for Worlds ??
    They are the best !

26. momnatur

momnatur Member

Would someone please help a dunce? I followed the link http://88.80.5.80/w00t/20130129/vv51...01-493131.html that was posted elsewhere, during 4CCs and was able to watch some of the action but not a substantial amount. I also remember seeing a schedule for when things were supposed to be on, but never could figure out what time zone it was.

I got the impression from reading some links that the schedule for worlds was already posted, but I cannot find it. Also, following that link now fails, as I expected.

So, can someone give me the basics on what I need to do, where I need to look and what time zone I'm going to be looking at when it comes to EuroSport, Please.

As you may have already guessed, I am no lover of NBC Univer$al, et.al. and would prefer to see what is happening WHEN it is happening rather than waiting the frelling 2 weeks that N[othing[ B[ut] C[rap] bought so that we can watch the competition elsewhere.

Thank you, in advance, for all your help.

[HR][/HR]
    When cable system$ and broadca$t entitie$ di$agree, the viewer pay$ the ultimate price.
    I think all U.$. tv viewers should write to the FCC and make this type of mega-entitie$ stop their childi$h bickering and make their "users", the VIEWER their main concern. Without VIEWERS there are no broadcast entities and no need for cable systems!

27. Sylvia

I think only CBC has posted a Worlds broadcast schedule (geo-blocked outside of Canada unless you are fortunate to live near the Canadian border): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...lds-(Canada)&p=3841369&viewfull=1#post3841369

I'm sure a separate 2013 Worlds un-geoblocked, live stream viewing options thread will be created in this forum as soon as the schedules become available.

28. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Nice coverage of the dance event this afternoon thankyou Eurosport Nicky back with Simon :D

29. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

Looking at Eurosports coverage for the World's................Only an hour for the ladies short. No live coverage of afternoon events.
    It's kinda strange the their coverage has been so BAD at both Europeans & World's the big two events yet the 4CC's & Junior Worlds have been fantastic.
    What's going on with Eurosport ?

30. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Seems tennis and snooker are showing so maybe that explains.
    Just checked and SD is on from midnight till two AM LIVE so that's probably last two groups .

Nicky /Simon just said don't forget worlds in two weeks time here on ES we'll have comprehensive coverage !
    So we'll wait and see.Mmmmm .

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013