Eurosport coverage

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by nuge, Oct 1, 2012.

1. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

We have to wait till Monday afternoon to see Short Dance :rolleyes:
  2. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

EUROSPORT why do they bother ?:rolleyes:
    Where's the SD FD Pairs SP ?

Oh here's the snooker again :mad:
  3. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

Eurosport wer due to show the pairs free & ice dance free this week. Now they are not. It's driving me insane. Snooker & tennis always wreck the Figure Skating being shown. It will be the same in January when the Europeans clash with the Australian Open.
    Remember how bad the coverage of the Europeans was this year?.
  4. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Yes I certainly do remember and I'm really very annoyed :(
    You can't put the recorder on for skating and go out as you just end up recording snooker :mad:
    Yes I've watched the SD and FDS on YT but it's not the same as part of the experience for me being a fan' is the commentators comments especially from Nicky being an ex ice dancer .
    Even the gala is highlights.
  5. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Awaiting ES European coverage not holding my breath .Maybe will be better than last year :rolleyes:
    I don't care if it's not live and highlights as long as it's shown.
  6. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

Bad news about British Eurosports coverage of the Europeans.
    NOTHING on Wednesday & only one hour for the pairs free on Thursday. It's getting worse every year.
  7. umronnie

umronnie Active Member

No short programs at all (no dance, pairs, men, ladies), not even a taped, abbreviated hour in the morning or late night. Obviously poker, tractor pulling and arm wresling are more important. It's almost worst than their GP coverage, which was dismal. Why do they bother getting the rights?
  8. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

9. Braulio

Braulio Well-Known Member

It's an insult, between the australian open and the african nations cup, europeans will get near zero coverage this year... atrocious
  10. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that anyone is surprised. This has been going on for several years now. As soon as I realized that the African Nations Cup is on this year, I knew we were not going to get much if anything. I can't really protest preempting live coverage for the Australian Open, but the early stages of the African Nations Cup?! I never understood it.

Oh well, at least the cup isn't on every year.
  11. LLOS

LLOS New Member

Then it is obvious, that skating has no meaning anymore for the TV channels. On German channels there is absolutly nothing anymore. (exept an hour of an exhibition).

They don't really care about how many e-mails you write :(
  12. Evilynn

Evilynn ((Swedish skating dudes))

Hah. I get access to Eurosport for the first time in 9 years and their coverage has gone completely down the drain? :blah:
  13. Malgosia

Malgosia New Member

words fail me here...:(

if you happen to know alternative ways to watch Euros online, please share.
  14. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

Why should we have to watch online?. I pay a subscription to watch Eurosport on TV. I have had it with being promised good coverage then getting nothing. Also, French Eurosport get everything live just like the grand prix series. Unfair. If we did not get the grand prix series figure skating would go the same way as other sports flushed down the toilet for tennis, snooker & football. Sports you can find on every sports channel you can watch.
    Please complain to Eurosport about this.
  15. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

If you live in the UK telephone British Eurosport on (020) 7468 7777 & complain.
  16. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Did anyone who complained get a response from ES ?

Nice to see they are supposedly going to show 4CC
  17. rayhaneh

rayhaneh New Member

Looks like the best way to get a reply is to complain by Twitter: when I asked them why we had 3 repeats of one football game instead of showing once the highlights of the pairs and dance short programs they replied that they were not provided those images (I understand that they do not have the right on those specific competitions)
  18. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

I emailed them FIVE times & nothing.
    It was so strange. This was beyond bad this year. To join the Ice dance free mid way through the group & not show the Gold medal winners was bad but then to show 20 minutes of Top Ten (The most stupid show on tv) & then join the ladies free with two of the final group already started was just slapping loyal viewers in the face.
    I know they are showing the 4 Continents but this is Eurosport so they will screw that up to (remember the Grand Prix Finals?!).
    It's time the ISU put the fans first & moved the Europeans until after the Australian Open which ruins skating every year.
    Does anyone know why Eurosports coverage was SO BAD this year?. It's never been like this before.
  19. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

Apart from the tennis there was also the Africa Cup of Nations football as well as World Cups in snowboarding and ski jumping.

It may be better to get in touch with these people http://www3.ebu.ch/cms/en/services/sports/rights?jsite=c49010fa-a809-4b28-a2c8-7363e32879c5 the European Broadcasting Union which I only heard of during my involvement with Euros 2012 in Sheffield due to our frustration over the lack of televised programmes. They have total control of everything shown on EurosportUK and Eurosport in other countries after buying the rights from the ISU. And of course because they had sole broadcasting rights, it meant that even though the whole of Euros 2012 was actually being broadcast live from the arena, anything which was not broadcast by Eurosport for whatever reason, we could not pay to view via the ISU stream because they had sold the rights.

Why EUROVISION collective rights negotiation is a win-win for everyone:
    •
    Members only pay for rights they need. Through our sales structure we exploit the unwanted rights to ensure nothing goes to waste

•
    A more appealing offer to rights owners seeking the widest possible reach and coverage

•
    Unrivalled industry knowhow coupled with long established relationships

•
    Collateral benefits, such as influence over scheduling of specific events at broadcast-friendly times

•
    We bundle a range of services for federations, making EUROVISION a more appealing partner in all areas of operation

•
    Members win rights to major sporting events without having to tie up their own staff and resources

and

Over 2011-2012, the Sports Rights Unit won some major new properties, including:
    •
    2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ and the 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar™ – a significant extension of the current EBU–FIFA agreement for one decade

•
    International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) major event media rights in Europe and Africa for 2014–17

•
    Worldwide rights for the FIS World Skiing Cups in Austria

•
    International Skating Union (ISU), content increased from 27 to 133 events over four seasons, after the ISU made the EBU its sole European media partner•
    Worldwide rights for European Athletics (EAA) event
  20. jiggs

jiggs Well-Known Member

:( Coverage was really exceptionally bad this year. Such a shame because there really was some great skating going on!
  21. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

I emailed them on the Monday of the European Championships and got an automatic response immediately and this, rather unsatisfactory response about an hour later:

22. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

Thanks for the info. Still fuming that they wrecked the Euro's. 4CC's look good but I'm European so would have liked more of the Euro's instead.
  23. ostile17

ostile17 Active Member

I purchased a subscription to Eurosport player. It was working fine righaway, then I turned my pc off to go to work, and when I came back it wasn't working anymore.
    Any suggestions?
  24. rayhaneh

rayhaneh New Member

What exactly is the problem: can you login or not even that? Maybe you can try with another browser? I know for instance that I have more trouble with Firefox than with IE
  25. ostile17

ostile17 Active Member

Thanks, rayhaneh: I was indeed using Firefox, but it's working fine now on Chrome. Thank you!!!
  26. rayhaneh

rayhaneh New Member

Yeah! Happy it fixed it for you - and ahead of the Men's SP too :D
  27. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I would highly suggest everyone to thank Eurosport for showing every single Pairs, Ice Dance and Men SP/SD performance today!

Let them know that their coverage is being appreciated. :)

I also told them that it would be great if they streamed the full figure skating events they have right to live through the Eurosport Player.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  28. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Oh and SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT Eurosport is broadcasting Junior Worlds...

In the past, we were able to watch everything live through the ISU website.

But now since Eurosport has the rights, we will only be able to watch like top 6 or whatever Eurosport decides to show and there will be no other way to watch the rest.

FCUK INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS! :mitchell:
  29. momnatur

momnatur New Member

Hey, would someone please post a url so that I can watch the us women underproduce tomorrow morning? Seriiously, though, can someone PLEASE direct me to where I can watch 4ccs? Btw, would the coverage be in english?

Thanks, in advance.
  30. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

Somebody better at this than I probably will, but if I access Eurosport2 though TV tekka - and I found the link and intructions in the TV alert thread on this site. . It's not in English, and you'll need the google translator to navigate the site and pay your 12 bucks. There's another link and schedule in Hot Blades, Hot Passion which is the best place to find who's streaming what when.
    If you're in Canada, I read on twitter that Radio- Canada will stream the women's short.
  31. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

32. momnatur

momnatur New Member

33. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

However, I don't know if the 4CC Ladies' SP will be broadcast live by Eurosport (about 4 hours from now) - it takes place before but is listed after the live Men's FS in their broadcast schedule below that was originally posted in the Kiss and Cry:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  34. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Can somebody please kill Simon Reed? Thanks.
  35. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Why ? I think he watches too much tennis these days :D
  36. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

Skating commentators come a lot worse than Simon Reed. You should know that, Ziggy. :p ;)
    skatefan and (deleted member) like this.
  37. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

I think he has been poor lately.I know I used to really love the partnership of Chris/Simon they worked well .Simon seems to be making mistakes more often now skaters names etc and not really making any constuctive comments.Now I much prefer Nicky Slater as he being a dancer knows what he's talking about .Hope we have Nicky for worlds.
    Simon should concentrate on the tennis.Maybe that's the problem too much tennis not enough skating.
  38. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

For the Simon Reed is the worst skating commentator ever. That is because he doesn't know shit about skating but pretends that he does and he will always cry foul about some skater who was undermarked and placed to low, without giving any reason for it and always being wrong. KILL HIM.
  39. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Chris is on his own for the dance :shuffle:
  40. umronnie

umronnie Active Member

All those hours under the sun. It's no wonder his brain is fried.
    IF Eurosport promises to cover woulds and next years's Euro as well as they did 4CC I will personally buy him a wide brimmed hat. Fair enough?