Eurosport coverage

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by nuge, Oct 1, 2012.

1. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Good news from Eurosport .They will definately be covering Grand Prix and Final Live/Highlights .More information nearer the competition.:)
    I sent them an email and they replied pretty quick.This was for ES UK I'm presuming this is for everyone though.Can't wait :)

2. nokas

nokas Guest

Thats fantastic.

Thanks for the information.

When you receive the schedulle, please inform us.

Helena

3. FarFarAway

FarFarAway Choice is an illusion

As far as I know, Eurosport has the broadcasting rights for the Grand Prix series till the end of the next season.

4. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

They won't be sending me details directly just to check the TV guide nearer the time.
    Remember last year we had this great GP coverage then we were let down with crap Euros ?:rolleyes:

5. tut88

tut88 Member

I'm jumping on my chair !!!
    thank you ! such a good news !

6. icenut84

icenut84 New Member

Wooooo, thank you! :) I've been checking the website but not seen anything yet.

I just hope the coverage of Euros and Worlds is better than last year's. Showing only top 3 LPs in the Worlds Mens event was terrible :(

7. Marta24

Marta24 Active Member

Thank you! I already was disappointed when I looked at the TV programme and couldn't find the Grand Prix anywhere, but now I am relieved.

8. Braulio

Braulio Well-Known Member

Schedule for Eurosport (International), for Sunday 21 will show a 2 hour highlights at 18:00 (Central European) and the Ladies Free Skate (LIVE) from 22:15 to midnight (CET)

Schedule for Eurosport France shows they will have both the Free Dance and Ladies Free Skate LIVE starting at 20:45 CET

Hope they can show more with Skate Canada and the rest of the events

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  9. allezfred

allezfred Mince Pie Depriving Admin Staff Member

British Eurosport aren't showing anything. At least according to their current schedule. :blah:

10. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

I just checked British Eurosports schedule too. NOTHING?!!.
    What is going on ?.
    Last year they promised us we would have this Grand Prix Series for the next three years.

11. la.louise

la.louise New Member

According to the dutch Eurosport monthly newsletter Eurosport will show a lot from the Grand Prix series. Although they won't show a lot from Skate America. This is the figure skating schedule from oct 27 (Skate Canada) for example: http://www.eurosportlights.nl/index.php?id=2&viewdate=2012-10-27&time=&sport=KUNSTSCHAATSEN They will show pairs short, pairs free (live), ladies free, short dance and free dance (live) on eurosport and men's short on eurosport 2 on October 27. You can find the schedule for the other Grand Prix events by clicking on 'vorige week or volgende week (previous or next week)'

12. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

For us getting British Eurosport we get HUGE coverage of tennis, snooker, cricket & football but skating gets pushed into tiny slots.
    At the Europeans & Worlds this year International Eurosport got everything & British Eurosport got very little.
    Totally unfair.

13. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

They told me they will be showing highlights of SA on Monday 22 nd October :confused:

14. FarFarAway

FarFarAway Choice is an illusion

I am not sure how it works in Europe, but Eurosport has got an online Eurosport Player streaming, and there was at least the option of choosing the country, e.g. living in Russia I could watch British or German Eurosport.

There is one major problem - the streaming is without archive there. That is you can watch it only when it is being shown.

But again, I am not sure how it works in Europe, so you'd rather check it for yourselves :)

15. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

I just checked British Eurosports TV guide & it has the ladies & men's free programs at 6.00 am on Eurosport 2 & then later that day on Eurosport 1 on Monday the 22nd :D

16. Braulio

Skate America and most likely all the Grand Prix will be broadcasted live again by russian channel Cnopt (sport) that last season was called ' Cnopt 2'

This channel can be seen through Tvteka

www.tvteka.com

You can have a 3 day trial period or just pay 12 dollars per 30 days (paying by credit/debit or paypal)

There you can select the channel that has the logo named under 'Cnopt 2' and that will have the skating coverage.

You can also watch it later on demand.

Using the google translate option you will be fine browsing the site.

17. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Eurosport Skate Canada

Sat 27 Oct 12.00 Pairs short.
    14.15 Short Dance
    15.45 Ladies LP LIVE
    18.00 Pairs LP
    21.45 FD LIVE :kickass:

18. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Thanks Braulio.

Screw Eurosport, I will be getting Tvteka again. :)

19. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

Thanks for the info nuge. It's good to see good coverage of Skate Canada after such little planned for Skate America :D

20. npavel

npavel Well-Known Member

Rai sport2 has scheduled
    Saturday 20 October
    15:55 Pattinaggio di Figura: Gran Prix Skate America 2012 Pairs - Short Program
    17:10 Pattinaggio di Figura: Gran Prix Skate America 2012 Men - Short Program to 18.40

21:30 Pattinaggio di Figura: Gran Prix Skate America 2012 Ladies - Short Program
    23:10 Pattinaggio di Figura: Gran Prix Skate America 2012 Ice Dance - Short Dance

All in CET.

21. Elka

Elka Active Member

It is also this season called "спорт 2". "Спорт" is an other channel of NTV+, and is not showing Grand Prix.

TVteka is showing "спорт 2". Schedule for Skate America is Here

22. Braulio

Just to clear it, when you click on the Tvteka channel list there is a logo that looks with´cnopt 2´ but once the channel starts playing, it displays a logo on the upper right corner saying ´cnopt´so...

NTV Plus Cnopt is ANOTHER channel, that used to show the skating but it has not the rights since last season.

23. Rosier Juleps

Rosier Juleps New Member

eurosport in UK

mon 22/10
    eurosport 1 15:30 Figure Skating - USA: Men's (90min)
    17:00 Figure Skating - USA: Ladies' Free Programme (90min)
    Eurosport 2 06:00 Figure Skating - USA: Ladies' Free Programme (60min)
    07:00 Figure Skating - USA: Men's (120min)

thurs 25/10
    Eurosport 2 11:50 Figure Skating - USA: Ladies' Free Programme (90min)
    13:20 Figure Skating - USA: Men's (60min)

sat 27/10
    Eurosport 1 17:15 Figure Skating - Skate Canada International: Pairs Short Programme (45min)
    18:00 Live Figure Skating - Skate Canada International: Free Pairs Programme (90min)
    19:30 Figure Skating - Skate Canada International: Ladies Free Programme (90min)
    21:00 Figure Skating - Skate Canada International: Short Dance Programme (45min)
    21:45 Live Figure Skating - Skate Canada International: Free Dance Programme (75min)
    eurosport 2 12:00 Figure Skating - Skate Canada International: Pairs Short Programme (60min)
    13:00 Skate Canada International: Mens Short Programme (75min)
    14:15 Figure Skating - Skate Canada International: Short Dance Programme (75min)
    15:45 Live Figure Skating - Skate Canada International: Ladies Free Programme (105min)

Sun 28/10
    eurosport 1 17:30 Live Figure Skating - Skate Canada International: Gala Exhibitions (75min)
    eurosport 2 04:00 Figure Skating - Skate Canada International: Free Pairs Programme (60min)

24. Skate-Cat

Skate-Cat New Member

25. rayhaneh

rayhaneh New Member

I am not sure whether this has already been posted or not, but just in case, here's a good table for most of the Skate America tv coverage in Europe:

http://www.artonice.it/?q=en/event/2012/10/20

As far as Western Europe is concerned, and as far as I know, this is pretty exhaustive

26. monikawi

monikawi New Member

27. rayhaneh

rayhaneh New Member

Yup. I will try to follow the competition and comment on twitter live, but since it will be at 4 AM CET, I am not sure wether I can make it or not :p

28. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

THe good news is yay GP coverage on Eurosport. The bad news: it's Nicky slater commentating and butchering even the most well known skater's names.

Takahiki Kozuko? Victoria Hegleson. Those are two that I remember, he did at least two others that had me rolling my eyes.

But still thankful for Eurosport coverage.

29. allezfred

allezfred Mince Pie Depriving Admin Staff Member

I haven't watched what I recorded yet. :yikes:

Waiting to see if he has found any more ways to pronounce Mao Asada this year. :p

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  30. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

Eurosports coverage Monday was kinda strange. They started their coverage at 6.00am yet started 30 mins earlier. Then spent 20 mins on the medal ceremony for the men's & pairs yet showed no ice dance.
    Then when they repeated it later in the afternoon they only showed six of the ten ladies & then repeated the medal ceremony again !. Not many people were up at 6.00am to watch the ladies. I almost missed it coz they started earlier than scheduled.
    Who runs Eurosport ?. Do they ever think of what their viewers want ?. I think I know this one..............................................