Euros 2014 Multiple Entries <Ladies>

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by icellist, Jan 12, 2013.

Which country will earn multiple entries for Euros 2014?

Poll closed Jan 22, 2013.
  1. EST: Elena Glebova (earn 2 entries)

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. FIN: Alisa Mikonsaari and Juulia Turkkila (keep 2 entries)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. FRA: Lenaelle Gilleron-Gorry and Mae Berenice-Meite (keep 2 entries)

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. GER: Nathalie Weinzierl (earn 2 entries)

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. ITA: Carolina Kostner, Valentina Marchei, and Roberta Rodeghiero (keep 3 entries)

11 vote(s)
    68.8%
  6. RUS: Nikola Gosviani, Adelina Sotnikova, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva (keep 3 entries)

14 vote(s)
    87.5%
  7. SWE: Joshi and Viktoria Helgesson (3 entries)

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  8. UKR: Natalie Popova (earn 2 entries)

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. icellist

icellist Member

Hopefully I can make it fun for non-subscribers because of a loophole. The competition I'm talking about doesn't have a thread yet!

Similar to what I did last season's ladies for worlds, I'm going to compile a poll for plausible (my definition) outcomes for the different countries to earn multiple entries for next years ISU chamiponship.

This is strictly for predicting Euros 2014 entries but using your Euros 2013 prediction.

As per usual, I'm going to leave out Elene Gedevanishvilli because she's earn way too many multiple slots that go unused.

EST: Elena Glebova (currently 1 spot, 2 spots?)
    She's been in the top 10 for Euros before and can hopefully earn a second entry for rising junior Gerlie Liinamae (btw what happened to her, no nationals but will she be at junior worlds?)

FIN: Alisa Mikonsaari and Juulia Turkkila (currently 2 spots, keep 2 spots?)
    Very sad for Finland to lose Kiira Korpi just for Euros. She had a liegitimate chance to win/medal. Can Mikonsaari and Turkkila had a combined result to retain their 2 spots? A top 10 for Turkkila is probably out of her reach.

FRA: Lenaelle Gilleron-Gorry and Mae Berenice Meite (currently 2 spots, keep 2 spots?)
    Also very unfortunate for France to lose Yretha Silete this season. I was hoping that she could've managed a top 10 at worlds last season so both she and Meite could go this season. Meite fell out of the Euros top 10 last season but has been in it before. Meite had very respectable skates on the GP this season and could manage keeping 2 spots.

GER: Nathalie Weinzierl (currently 1 spot, 2 spots?)
    Drama in Germany between Weinzierl and Hecken! Can Weinzierl prove her success this season isn't a fluke? IMO both ladies are Euros worthy but Germany only has 1 spot usually.

ITA: Carolina Kostner, Valentina Marchei, and Roberta Rodeghiero (currently 3 spots, keep 3 spots?)
    Kostner and Marchei have carried Italy's ladies far, even 3 spots for worlds! But alas, no one else has earned the minimum. While Marchei was on the upswing last year, she seems to have taken a step back this season. I don't think Italy will have 3 spots at worlds next year but has a strong chance for Euros.

RUS: Nikola Gosviani, Adelina Sotnikova, and Elizaveta Tuktamysheva (currently 3 spots, keep 3 spots?)
    The wunderkidz are age eligible but not as indestructible as poster thought they'd be. Gosviani is still unproven. Sotnikova hasn't had the best season (esp with that awful LP). Tuktamysheva is finding her sophomore stride after a bad return from the off-season. Can the Russian wunderkidz function well enough at ISU championships without Leonova (the Russion rabbit's foot)?

SWE: Joshi and Viktoria Helgesson (currently 2 spots, 3 spots?)
    The Helgesson's are together again at Euros! But with a slight difference, Joshi is now the national champ with her new 3S-3L combo! Can Joshi's new combo and Viktoria's elegance garner 3 spots? Especially since Isabelle Olsson has been turning heads this season at multiple senior B's.

UKR: Natalia Popova (currently 1 spot, 2 spots?)
    There isn't much depth in Ukrainian skating right now but Popova is definitely a competitor. She was close to top 10 in Euros before and even beat Caroline Zhang in the LP at a senior B during Zhang's comeback year.

If this poll/thread gets a lot of buzz, I might do one for the other disciplines but even my mostly unbiased opinion commentary is tiresome writing.

2. Jebrista

Jebrista New Member

Is there a link to Joshi's triple triple? I wanna see that!