Europeans today on NBC! (4-6pm EST)

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by Frau Muller, Jan 19, 2014.

1. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

The only skating Plushenko should be doing at the Olympics is the opening ceremonies. He won't be satisfied until he is carried out on a stretcher. Skating well is the least of his worries.

2. Glide2

Glide2 New Member

He's not going. It's motivation to the other guys to work harder. And I think he'll be in the opening ceremonies too, along with every Russian skating judge who's ever been banned for a year for cheating. Big crowd.

Well, two hours is better than no coverage. Good to see some of the Euro competitors who prob won't be at World or Olympics.

Julia was fine. She's had cleaner long programs. I don't understand the luv for Carolina. She couldn't seem to center a spin. She fell on a jump. She skated slowly. Tara Lipinski kept calling Carolina an artist. I don't see it.

Tara and Johnny are just annoying. They do not inform enough about what elements have been accomplished. It isn't always clear if a jump is a triple or quad, cleanly or double foot landed, or the level of spins and footwork. And they don't inform.

I'm so freaking glad they mentioned that TARA was 15 when she won her OGM. And I'm grateful I was watching the show so that I could HEAR HER GIGGLE like Betty Rubble at the mention of her being 15 once. I'm so glad. CAUSE IT JUST NNNNNEEEEEVVVVEEEERRRR happens....every time she appears anywhere on earth. every time. every single time.

Not impressed with the men's event. Javier earned enough points to win. And it isn't new that someone can rise from 9th or 11th and win a medal. They could have added the guy's full routine and ditched almost any other one. It's not like this was live. At least they had highlights.

BaileyCatts and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

I don't mind Johnny but Tara is just useless IMHO And no we don't care that she won at 15. Let's discuss what she has done since then?? Coast on that medal and giggle? Hmm....

BaileyCatts and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Justathoughtabl

Justathoughtabl Active Member

Wow, you have such a positive attitude! :lol:

5. immoimeme

immoimeme my posts r modded

Based solely on what I saw today, Olympic coverage in USA is going to be all about the USA ladiezz (who are not going to medal I don't think so), Plushenko-his presence or lack of, davis/white (rightfully so), and grudgingly, men. Unless we have some pairs in contention? Oh and the freaking $eam event.

So I say, GO JASON BROWN. Skate yr heart out and show nbc what they *should* be focusing on-YOU!!

6. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

I don't want Jason to get TOO much attention. I want Jason to be allowed to be Jason and not be pushed into being the "savior" of the USFSA!

7. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

A seance would be necessary for that.

8. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I was pleasantly surprised this was actually on. I remember one year it was scheduled to be on, and then they showed like 20 min. before cutting to another sport. I think it was back in 2004, and they only showed Julia Sebestyen. If not 2004, whatever year she won.

ETA: Actually, that was ABC, not NBC. Sorry.