EURO USA CAN SCHEDULE MADNESS

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by haribobo, Jan 12, 2011.

1. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Goodluck trying to get anything accomplished the last 2 weeks of January! The 29th I'm pretty sure I won't be leaving the house...I created a day by day schedule, maybe I'll add in times later....

JAN 21
    CAN PAIR SP
    CAN SD
    CAN LADIES SP

JAN 22
    CAN LADIES FS
    CAN MEN SP
    CAN PAIR FS

JAN 23
    CAN FD
    CAN MEN FS

JAN 24
    EURO QUAL DANCE
    EURO QUAL MEN

JAN 25
    EURO QUAL LADIES

JAN 26
    EURO SD
    EURO PAIR SP

JAN 27
    US PAIR SP
    US LADIES SP
    EURO MEN SP
    EURO PAIR FS

JAN 28
    US SD
    US MEN SP
    EURO LADIES SP
    EURO FD

JAN 29
    US PAIR FS
    US FD
    US LADIES FS
    EURO LADIES FS
    EURO MEN FS

JAN 30
    US MEN FS

2. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

I hope you have a quad split screen to ensure your sanity! :cold:

3. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

Its always bothered me US nationals are at the same time than Euros.. Sure USFS has the right to host its nationals whenever they want and they don't own fans anything, but it wouldnt hurt having it one week earlier, plus its always too close to 4CC and is a main factor for sending B teams to that championship.

BTW, I dont think there will be any broadcast of the Qualification rounds :( so at least the 24th and 25th will be schedule-madness free..

4. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Why in the world would the USFSA give a hoot about scheduling around Europeans? Clearly, tickets sales will not be affected, being on a different continent and all. Secondly, is it even aired in the US anymore? It used to be but it was never aired live like Nationals is. The only people who even care to get online and try to watch are a few hundred, maybe a few thousand, of us uber skating freaks. As much as we like to think it, we aren't that big of a deal to the USFSA.

5. HisWeirness

HisWeirness FREE LYUBOV

^ Euros last year was aired on Universal Sports TV about 2 weeks after the event, IIRC.

6. Squibble

Squibble New Member

Yes, it would. The USFSA is never going to schedule the Seniors Free Skates or the Exhibition on the same day as the NFL Conference Championships. As it is, the Men's Free Skate and the Exhibition are going to be on the same day as the Pro Bowl.

7. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Well-Known Member

Ah, so all that needs to be done then is to get the NFL to change their schedule first - simple.

8. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

I think I remember that the reason why US Nationals is scheduled on the weekend it's scheduled is, specifically, due to the US football championships schedule, as Squibble mentioned. That scheduling is not accidental.

9. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Yes. Unfortunately. How much would I LOVE it if Nationals were back in early January, where they used to be, and those NFL nitwits were pushed back a week? Come on, who would you rather see in spandex: Pretty skaters, or 350-lb linebackers? :lol: (PS: USFS, if Nationals goes back to earlier in January I could more likely come in person more than once!!)

10. Seerek

Seerek Well-Known Member

For those of us who will follow the Australian Open as well... it only makes matters worse ;)

11. mgobluegirl

mgobluegirl Well-Known Member

I personally think it's great timing. US Nationals starts the day after my next exam, so I don't really have to worry about not being productive... :shuffle:

12. ainouta

ainouta Well-Known Member

I can totally see myself scheduling job interviews around Euro times...:shuffle:

skatefan and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

Oy, you can say that again! I worked on a schedule spreadsheet this afternoon at work..........

.............January 29th is gonna be INSANE! :lol:

Thank goodness we have HisWeirness as our scheduling sherpa. ;)

14. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

willing to share??? :lol:

15. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

Sure! It's on my flashdrive at work, anyone who wants it, just PM me an email address and I'll send it when I'm back at work on Tuesday. :)

Actually, Euros and US Nats work out rather nicely, the former being bright and early in the morn and the latter sitting snuggly in primetime.

But the Aussie Open beginning this coming Monday means we gotta get through a rather sleepless week before the skating! :lol:

(Dear Canada, please keep us abreast of developments in Victoria! The thought of adding one more time zone to my scheduling makes me wanna :scream: !)

16. neptune

neptune New Member

Euro USA can schedule madness? Well, what can't it schedule? :lol:

17. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

They need to spread out the love! I mean next week will be heaven, but why do I have to endure 3 weeks of nothing before hands :drama:

18. HisWeirness

HisWeirness FREE LYUBOV

I'll try. :eek:

I'll start working on a joint US Nats/Euros competition schedule, and maybe add Canadians as well. Adding the AO would just be suicide, but you are welcome to try!

19. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Oh geez I know what you mean. January 1-19 is a verrry boring time of the season for us skating fans....

20. sequinsgalore

sequinsgalore Member

Wow, I'm not going to get any sleep that week :eek:! Luckily I will have finished my exam just before, so I don't have to go school for the whole week :D!

Does anyone know if it is possible to watch Canadian and US Nationals in Europe (specific: Denmark)?

21. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

^ Off topic, but that is a fabulous user name. :40beers: Work!

22. Skate Talker

Here is a link to the Skatebuzz page that will enlighten you on all the Canadians coverage in English.

Novice and Junior competition and Senior practice will be streamed on Skatebuzz without geo-blocking to the best of my knowledge. Coverage starts Monday at 11:45 Eastern Time, 8:45 Pacific.

Senior comps will probably be streamed geo-blocked since the rights belong to CBC, but in the past some have been able to stream CBC's French version un-blocked at radiocanada.ca. Good luck

23. sequinsgalore

sequinsgalore Member

Thanks! Sequins are great. Why aren't athletes in other sports using them?

Thanks! Do you have a direct link and time schedule?

BTW, I've noticed that Swedish SVT Play will stream all of Europeans (except QR), but I don't if there's geo-block on it. I hope not. Does anyone know?

24. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

Swedish TV was nice enough to let us watch Crown Princess Victoria's wedding online, I hope they feel the same way about Euros! :)

25. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

I was able to watch Europeans and Worlds on SVT Play, last season, so I don't think there will be any problem. :cheer2:

26. sequinsgalore

sequinsgalore Member

Phew, that's great to know. I don't have Eurosport, but I was planning at going home to my folks to watch it. But this way I can see the whole competition without fear of interruption because of Australian Open:D !

27. HisWeirness

HisWeirness FREE LYUBOV

You are in Portugal, right?

For 2010 Euros I remember SVT Play only working for those in Europe, not for North Americans or anywhere else. :(

28. Skate Talker

Oops sorry - forgot to add the link to Skatebuzz page - here it is

http://www.skatebuzz.com/ViewNewsArticle.aspx?id=f8ee8786-22b7-4682-8e5e-84c5ffb0c787

It has the schedule for the Novice and Junior competition and Senior practice streaming live on Skatebuzz plus links to the SkateCanada page with all the CBC coverage schedules. Just a word of caution about them though - I haven't checked it all out but the bold part doesn't match what my cable provider's guide is showing. I would look at the actual skating schedule here and assume it will be matched pretty closely by coverage on cbc.ca and bold.
    http://www.skatecanada.ca/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=fIKuyfVWQZw%3d&tabid=6745&language=en-US

With regard to SVT, I also recall being blocked here in Canada.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011