Escaped mountain lions

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by OrioleBeagle, Feb 20, 2012.

1. OrioleBeagle

OrioleBeagle Active Member

Here in Odenton, Maryland, the police and animal control are looking for escaped mountain lions. Apparently, someone was hoarding them as pets! My sister is blocking the doggie door to keep the beagles inside in case a mountain lion should climb the fence.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  2. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for the mountain lions. :cheer2::cheer: Hope you don't get eaten though!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  3. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

I'm rooting for the mountain lions to head home and eat their hoarding owners!

4. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Not again! Not so long ago there was a guy who had created a zoo at home, and he let all the animals loose before committing suicide. I am forgetting where this took place. There were so many tigers, lions, etc. that the authorities had no chance of capturing them alive, and they had to shoot them. I hope these mountain lions are captured alive and moved to a zoo. Nobody should be allowed to keep dangerous animals as pets.

5. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

I'd say that nobody should be allowed to keep 'wild' animals as pets, particularly because a back yard isn't a suitable environment for them, particularly the big cats. When wild animals are in their natural environment or a suitable captivity/zoo situation, they pose very little danger to humans.

It is humans who pose a danger to them. Wild animals are routinely abused in circus animals and there are terrible stories about what is done to elephants used for tourism purposes or monkeys kept as pets. Monkeys used in the movies are a particularly issue because they are cute and compliant when young, but not so manageable when grown. As a result, monkeys have been retired to some awful situations of captivity.

I hope these lions are caught safety and removed to a suitable environment, rather than killed.

6. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

Here kitty, kitty, kitty.....want some catnip? :cat:

7. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

That happened in Ohio.

8. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Oh Dear! Here is Toronto there have been an unexpected problem of late with wild cayotes. Hope the big cats get a happy ending.

9. OrioleBeagle

OrioleBeagle Active Member

My sister found the posting on the "Anne Arundel County Breaking News" FaceBook page. Someone was wanting to know why there was a helicopter flying overhead and that was the reply. We haven't seen anything posted since. I am starting to wonder if someone was just being a smart ass.

10. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

There's nothing on any internet news source that I can find - it's a hoax. :blah:

11. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Thank you.

12. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I haven't seen a thing on the news either so I think it is a hoax.