Entitlement skaters

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by query5, Nov 21, 2012.

1. ItalianFan

ItalianFan New Member

I fail to understand why anyone would care less about what Ashley Wagner does or does NOT do or say...
  2. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

Sharing a room is a burden only if the other person snores, loudly
  3. B.Cooper

B.Cooper New Member

It is my understanding, that USFS will allow any skater the opportunity to stay in a room by themselves, if they so choose, but the skater has to pay the difference in the price of the room ie, single vs double occupancy. Team USA Olympic medalists were allowed single occupancy rooms at events, again, if they so desired, but at no additional expense. This policy was true for many years, and I believe, is still the case. Sometimes, the # of athletes for the team is uneven, so a skater ends up in a single occupancy room. Nothing to do w/ Wagner being US Champion. National champions have not been given that perk. USFS doesn't have that kind of $ any longer, ;-)
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Morry Stillwell

Morry Stillwell Well-Known Member

Ashley is a very intense competitor and is all business during a competition. She trains at a facility where I frequently judge tests and does not exhibit the attitude claimed by query5. In my opinion fans such a query5 do not help the sport:mad:
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  5. dawnie

dawnie Active Member

Morry, I wouldn't call query5 a "fan" per se. He/she is convinced that there is a conspiracy behind everything but especially when it comes to Michelle Kwan or Caroline Zhang.
  6. Morry Stillwell

When Michelle is in question, I readily admit I am part of the conspiracy (whatever that means), as I have known her since she was about 6 years old.
  7. dawnie

dawnie Active Member

So it was YOU that told the "cheating judges" to hold her back and push her out of the way for being Chinese!
    :)
  8. Morry Stillwell

Boohow