Emmy Awards/Predictions

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by jenny12, Sep 22, 2012.

1. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

So, the Emmys are Sunday night. I don't know if I'll watch the show, but I thought I'd do some predictions for a few categories since that's always fun. What are everyone else's predictions?

Comedy Series:
    Will Win: Modern Family
    Should Win: Parks and Recreation or Community (However, neither was nominated so of the nominees I'd give it to Girls)

Comedy Actor:
    Will Win: Jim Parsons (Emmys like to repeat)
    Should Win: Louis C.K. (This is a picked based on nothing besides the fact that I enjoy Louis C.K. as a comedian. I have not seen his show)

Comedy Actress:
    Will Win: Julia Louis-Dreyfuss (seems like a perennial Emmy favorite)
    Should Win: Probably either JLD or Amy Poehler

Drama Series:
    Will Win: Mad Men (again, they like to repeat winners although I think this was not as strong a season)
    Should Win: Homeland or Breaking Bad (both were exceptional this year)

Drama Actress:
    Will Win: Claire Danes
    Should Win: Claire Danes (outstanding performance on an outstanding show)

Drama Actor:
    Will Win: Bryan Cranston
    Should Win:Bryan Cranston or Damien Lewis (I know Bryan Cranston has a billion Emmys, but his work this year on Breaking Bad was especially memorable. If they give it to someone new, I think Damien Lewis might pull the upset for his equally strong work in Homeland)

Supporting Drama Actress:
    Will Win: Maggie Smith (I hope I'm wrong but this seems like how the voters would go.)
    Should Win: Christina Hendricks Mad Men (She did a lot more on her show this year, than spout out snappy one-liners a la Maggie Smith)

2. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

I would really like to see "Sherlock" and their cast win but I am not expecting it.

3. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I really want Homeland to win.
    Also Max Greenfield, but that will never happen :shuffle:

4. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen a lot of New Girl, but from what I've seen Max Greenfield is the best part of that show.