Emily Samuelson update

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

2. Spiralgraph

Spiralgraph Active Member

That's a classy statement from Emily. She seems to be at a crossroad in what she wants to do I wish her the best.

3. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

Emily is such a superb skater, I wish there was some male partner to match her up with here in the US. I wish her luck on whichever path she chooses, however!

4. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

:wuzrobbed but eys, a very classy statement.

:wuzrobbed

5. Jessica

Jessica Active Member

I really hate reading this news and hope Emily finds a partner. Someone with her talent and beautiful lines should be skating. I still can't believe Evan dumped her. I always thought one day they would be on the world podium. But wherever she ends up, I hope she's happy.

6. Sit_spin

Sit_spin New Member

This. Emily has always been one of my favorite skaters of any discipline. Part of the reason for this is how classy she is.

I wish them both the best.

7. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Very classy and very mature. :respec: Best wishes to her.

8. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

That was lovely. I always liked her, in fact, she and Evan were my fav American dancers. I wish her well..

9. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Agree with all the supportive posts. above.
    If she wishes to continue skating. I hope she finds a partner who appreciates her.

10. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

Gramps, please give Em all our best. She is one class act on and off the ice!

11. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Wow, that is really thoughtful and mature. I'm sorry the partnership ended, but it seems to have been a very considered decision that was done with everyone's best interests taken into account.

12. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

One of the BEST technicians in ice dance, her crisp & precise skating was and is a thing of beauty. :) All the best to you, Emily!!!! :cheer2:

13. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

:wuzrobbed:

So sorry to see her out of competition AGAIN. . . I hope that she can soon find a partner worthy of her. She's still young!

14. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I hope she's able to find a way to stay in skating that fulfills her and is fun, whether it's coaching or competing. That was a very mature, classy post and I wish her and Todd all the best in the future.

15. essence_of_soy

essence_of_soy Well-Known Member

16. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Wow... another female ice dancer looking for a partner.

17. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Sorry to see she is without a partner again, and not sure if she wants to find another one (from the sound of it). I wish her the best in whatever she decides to do next.

18. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

She could move into writing like Jenny Kirk. Very articulate. I enjoyed her skating too and hope she can find another partner. But she obviously realises there are other opportunities too and I am sure will be successful in whatever she decides to pursue.

19. Lanna

Lanna Well-Known Member

:wuzrobbed

20. Pikachuusb

Pikachuusb Active Member

I had been waiting anxiously for any info on them for the upcoming season. This was not the info I wanted to hear:wuzrobbed

I wish her the very best in anything she chooses to do. Although I really hope she finds a talented new partner. She has soo much talent & needs to be competing.

I was such a fan of her & Evan. He was a fool. Anyways...

Heres hoping for a new partner soon!! :cheer:

21. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

That OD is so spectacular. Thanks for posting.

Best wishes to Emily. What a blessing that she had the opportunity to experience the Olympics in 2010. I hope she finds happiness in whatever her future holds.

22. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

She's so lovely and well-spoken.

Very kind of her to let the fans know about what is going on.

I really hope that she can find a competitive partner and failing that finally earn some decent money doing shows and hopefully coaching the next generation of ice dancers further down the line.

All the best, Emily!

23. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Who on earth is the Eurosport French female commentator & did she ever wake up on the wrong side of the bed...I'd love to see Emily skating with a new partner, but if that's not going to happen this season, am sure she can figure something out.

24. aemeraldrainc

aemeraldrainc Active Member

I wonder what she means by 'the circumstances under which they were training'?
    Not enough ice time?
    Anyways, I'm not very familiar with her, but I wish her the best in whatever she decides to do. I wonder if Todd Gilles is looking for another partner.

25. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

I just wish whoever though Evan Bates was better off with Madison just didn't act on the split :( Boo :(

26. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Good luck to Emily in her future off-the-ice endeavors.

27. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

What were the circumstances under which they were training that were not satisfactory?

28. B.Cooper

B.Cooper Active Member

Perhaps this is a politically correct way of saying that it just wasn't working out. Wishing Emily and Todd all the best in their future endeavors!

29. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I think it would be beautiful drama if Todd Gilles wet to Canada and teamed up with Vanessa crone

30. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

I was thinking finances perhaps? She did mention that, and having THREE skaters in one family can't be cheap. . . with a 6th place at last year's Nats, Emily and Todd wouldn't get much funding, if any.