Elton John and David Furnish become parents

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by orientalplane, Dec 28, 2010.

1. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12084650

2. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

I hadn't realized Furnish was so much younger (48) than Elton (63). When I'd heard a while back they were trying to adopt, I thought it was a bad idea because of age reasons. I still have some concerns re: age, but less so now.

3. Auntie

Auntie New Member

A surprisingly normal combination of names. :)

4. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

That was my first reaction, as well. My father's great uncle married some younger (40 something) woman, when he was in his late 60's. They had 2 kids, the great uncle was quite proud of his abilities :D. But, he died when the oldest was 6 and the woman died a year or two later, so two young orphans :(.

5. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

And he shall be Levon. He shall be a good man. :) Love this story! Been an Elton fan for years and he seems so happy with David. :)

6. deltask8er

deltask8er Well-Known Member

http://wonderwall.msn.com/music/bab...ltons-us-weekly-cover-1593596.story?gt1=28135

:rolleyes:

7. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I saw that and could not believe it. They weren't making out or anything on the cover, for goodness sake. I don't even know if they were touching! I am not sure if a child would even think twice after looking at that cover.

8. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Well now that it is covered up you can be sure every kid who goes through that store is going to sneak a look. Great way to draw attention to something that most people wouldn't have even noticed.

9. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

Exactly - kids always loving doing what they are told not to!! And do people really think looking at a couple of guys holding a baby is going to turn someone gay :confused: So stupid :blah:

10. nyrak

nyrak Active Member

I just saw the covered cover on the View....how ridiculous, a lot of people might not have noticed as it was, now a lot of people will be peaking trying to see what's covered up....and hopefully realize it's not a big deal at all.

I hate censorship.

P.S. I have the magazine, it's a very nice article & they seem estatic with their new baby. I wish the new little family the best and am looking forward to seeing Elton in concert next month!

11. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Lucky you! He's not playing in Vancouver :mad: but I've entered a contest to go see him in Victoria. I did see him live once before in the Face 2 Face tour with Billy Joel, and it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to.