Elizabeth Edwards Has Died (threads merged)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Gazpacho, Dec 7, 2010.

1. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Wow, I just read yesterday that she quit treatment. I had no idea she was so near death. Probably for the best to go quickly once you give up on any treatment. May she RIP.

2. nursebetty

nursebetty New Member

That is so sad.......to fight such a hard battle and still lose. RIP

3. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Wow. They weren't kidding when they made that announcement.

:( RIP to a strong, courageous woman who never gave up, even in the face of shame and humiliation.

4. canbelto

canbelto Well-Known Member

Wow. So sad. :( But considering how her life has been in the past few years, being humiliated in the worst way possible and then having to deal with terminal cancer, I hope she is in a better place now. I feel awful for her young kids.

5. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Whoa, that was fast. I thought she had a few weeks. :( R.I.P.

6. peibeck

peibeck Counting down the days 'til Skate America

Wow, this is such sad news. I also really feel so terrible for her children. Here hoping (probably in vain) that the tabloids will leave the kids alone.

Although I was expecting to hear news of her death soon, I am very surprised it happened only a day after the statement that was given out yesterday and the posting on her Facebook account. Perhaps it was something she wrote in advance to have published when they knew the end was near? :(

7. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

So very sad.

8. heckles

heckles Well-Known Member

I remember when Freddie Mercury's friends first announced he had AIDS, and then he was dead the next day. It's probably not all that different from celebrities who say they're three months pregnant when they're actually six months along. People want the privacy for the important moments.

She kept her dignity all throughout the cancer battle, even when it was revealed that her husband finally admitted that he is the father of Brielle Hunter's kid. Elizabeth Edwards was an amazing woman. RIP.

9. victoriajh

victoriajh Well-Known Member

I dont knwo why this one is affecting me as it is- maybe becasue my mum is 63 and also 'elizabeth'- i read up on her and waht she had been through- the loss of her son, she had her youngest children at 48 and 50 years old , the the presidential election, cancer, affairs.... yikes if anyone deserved a break it was her-
    i look forward to the day without this awful disease.... my thoughts are with ehr family ans especially her kids- no child should have to loose their mum that early-
    :(

10. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

:( She had such dignity. RIP, Elizabeth.

11. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Her strength through all of the things that came her way over the last 5+ years, is really inspiring. I admire the way she handled everything, and kept her head held high.

12. canbelto

I'm also not surprised that Edwards passed away so quickly after declaring she wanted no more treatment. Exact same thing just happened to my aunt. She hadn't spoken in days, and then one day she finally spoke up. She said she wanted no more treatment, and was ready to go. And then she was gone. :(

13. Civic

Civic New Member

RIP Elizabeth. Her two youngest children are so young to lose their mother. My heart goes out to them and to her eldest daughter. They're going to need their father more than ever now. Here's hoping he's up to the challenge.

14. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

Read a report today that she will be buried next to her son. This is very sad. :(

15. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Her son is dead? OK, I see that he was killed in a car crash. So she had endured that, her marital troubles and cancer. Wow.

16. canbelto

Yes the Edwards' eldest son Wade died in a car crash in 1996.

17. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Thanks. :fragile: When I said she couldn't catch a break, I didn't know how bad it was.

18. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

Yes, her son Wade was killed in a car accident in 1996, he was only 16. :(

May Elizabeth rest in peace, what an amazing woman who fought the good fight, my thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends who will miss her.

19. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

20. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

21. Orable

Orable New Member

Insert vomit icon here. The WBC makes me :fragile:

22. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

23. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

Given the solemnity of the day, a protest more like the patriot guard --lining the path with flags--might be more appropriate than the snarky sort at Comic Con.

24. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't think that people would go for snarky, but more joyous. Trump hate with love!

25. canbelto

The Westboro Baptist Church needs to be ignored. They're irrational and full of hate and I feel like every time the news media picks up on another hateful thing they're doing, it's just feeding into their mentality. I know it's hard for grieving families, but nevertheless it's the only thing that will make them go away.

26. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

I hope there is a special place in hell for these idiots.

27. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Someone on another board was asking one of those hypotheticals (you know, similar to 'a kid, a cat, and a priceless work of art are in a burning building') and someone's take was 'save the stranger because they could be a single mom, have people dependant on them, etc.' I replied, "Yeah, they could also be a deadbeat dad, a junkie, Osama bin Laden, a member of the Westboro Baptist Church.."

I hope the Patriot Guard or similar turns out. WBC are just jackasses.

28. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I think they must already be in hell. I can't imagine what kind of person would be so hateful, cruel, and irrational, and believe in the kind of god they believe in. It must be hellish to be such a person. It's too bad they have to inflict their nastiness on others.

May Elizabeth R.I.P. and may her children find a way to flourish without her. My heart breaks for her kids. A friend of mine has been battling cancer and that is bad enough, but she has a toddler and I'm reduced to tears every time I think of the possibility that her daughter might grow up without her.

29. canbelto

I just saw on CNN an interview with Edwards when she was already very sick. It's amazing how the sicker she became the more beautiful she became. She lost weight, her face had this kind of glow to it. She looked both younger and more attractive than Rielle Hunter. Horribly ironic.:(

30. shan

shan Well-Known Member