Elizabeth Edwards Has Died (threads merged)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Gazpacho, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Gazpacho

Gazpacho Well-Known Member

Elizabeth Edwards has posted a goodbye message. The doctors have said there is nothing more they can do for her, and she has perhaps only weeks to live :(

2. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Praying that the Lord will take her peacefully and with a minimum of suffering.

3. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Hope she goes peacefully and with little suffering. My heart breaks for her children.

4. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

I have admired the way she has handled her illness and the troubles within and outside of her marriage. I hope that she is able to find peace in her final days and that her children will remember her strength and love.

5. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Praying in agreement with this, and for her kids.

6. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

:( I also hope that she doesn't suffer too long. What a strong, admirable woman.

7. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

I was surprised to read that John Edwards is there with her. I hope it is at her choice.

8. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

It maybe that she thinks he would support the kids, regardless of what happened between them in their marriage. The kids will need him to lean on in the next weeks/years. If she would/could show him some measure of forgiveness, it would do a great deal for the kids, I would think.

9. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

:( How sad. She's been so brave for so long, let's hope she finds nothing but love and peace in her final weeks.

10. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

:(

11. Rock2

Rock2 Well-Known Member

Words can't describe how sad this is. I'm fortunate to know no one who has been attacked by cancer, so I can't get my mind around how tragic it is and how much pain and suffering it brings to the victim and their family. I wouldn't wish it on my biggest enemy.

I wish her minimal suffering.

12. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov Well-Known Member

She'd been doing so well and looking well for so long now I thought maybe she might have been in remission. Very sad news for Elizabeth and her family. I hope her passing is as painless as possible.

I admire her for putting her feelings for her husband aside for the sake of their children as they will need to lean on him in the coming weeks and afterward.

13. elbeep

elbeep New Member

Oh dear. Peace be with her. It's an awful disease but she fought it hard...probably to have as much time with her kids as possible. Best wishes to her and hers.

14. jeffisjeff

jeffisjeff Well-Known Member

15. Anita18

It's also just as possible that with the end looming so close, you find it easier to forgive those who have wronged you. Life is already too short to hold anger for the rest of us, let alone for someone in Elizabeth's place.

I'm glad to hear that the entire family is together. They're going to need each other.

Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
  16. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

From the article, it said their divorce was to be finalized next month. I don't know if forgiveness is really so important at this point. Tending to final arrangements may be the more immediate concern.

17. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

^ I hope for closure, though.

18. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

The woman can't catch a break. Hope she doesn't suffer.

19. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

It's sad, but she knew this day was coming eventually. I guess at least she had plenty of time to prepare herself and do what she wanted to do. I only wish her husband hadn't been such a slimey douche piece of garbage. I hope she finds peace, warmth and comfort in her remaining time with her family and friends.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Marlowe

Marlowe Well-Known Member

I would imagine that at this point Elizabeth Edwards has already forgiven her husband.

21. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

22. jeffisjeff

jeffisjeff Well-Known Member

I only wish people would think before posting. This is not the best thread to be discussing John Edwards and his failings. :wall:

23. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Metastatic breast cancer is a cruel, cruel disease. In the spring of 2009 we visited some of our friends who were attending a MBC conference, at which Elizabeth Edwards was the keynote speaker. I didn't see her speech, but the girls we were visiting were very impressed with Elizabeth Edwards. All three of them have since passed away. The oldest of these girls was 40. And now Elizabeth is dying. :(

We need a cure so very badly.

WindSpirit and (deleted member) like this.
  24. Margot

Margot New Member

Elizabeth Edwards' message brought tears to my eyes. May she find everlasting peace. She certainly deserves it.

25. Anita18

Cancer cannot be cured, at least not in the foreseeable future, but the treatments we have can be made better.

26. canbelto

canbelto Well-Known Member

My aunt just passed away after a four-year struggle with cancer. I just came back from her funeral. This article makes me so sad to read. Peace be with Elizabeth and her beautiful children.:(

27. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

I heard this last evening. So sad for the young ones only, what, 10 and 12? Happy that her family (including John) is with her. Peace. :(

28. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

It went along with me feeling bad for her during this. All she was going through and what he did. And I thought about it quite a bit before I posted it actually.

I hope she is able to have a peaceful Christmas.

Desperado and (deleted member) like this.
  29. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

30. soxxy

soxxy Guest