Electric Blankets

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by numbers123, Nov 11, 2013.

1. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

I am looking to purchase a new electric blanket and wondered what people thought about different brands. I found the Electric Blanket Institute website, which provides consumer information on Electric Blanket companies.

They don't have too much to say about Biddeford - I found one at Target but there were so-so customer reviews.

They have information on Sunbeam - which I can get at Bed, Bath and Beyond and on Amazon, but the customer reviews on Amazon range from Never ever buy this to ok, with most being so-so.

They have information SoftHeat, which they highly recommend. Amazon customers rate this blanket an average of 5 stars

Any recommendations? I know it seems a bit OTT to ask about blankets, just trying to get the best value for my money. And since we just purchased a new mattress, new bedding, new pillows trying to be as cost conscious but still getting one that will last.

2. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

I bought a Sunbeam last year via Amazon. I like it and have no problems with it.

3. icecat

icecat Active Member

Have used a Sunbeam for years..the cats and I both love it!

4. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

I can't remember the brand of mine -- I think it might be Sunbeam but I'll check when I get home. I love it though -- it warms up quickly, it's super-soft, and cozy even when it's turned off.

5. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you already use one and are trying to replace it? I just mention this because I have tried them and they don't work for me. I'm better off with a down comforter.

6. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

yes, for the comfort of both of us. he likes it warmer and down pillows comforters cause me to sneeze/wheeze

7. iloveemoticons

iloveemoticons Well-Known Member

I have a Biddeford and really like it! (Although I don't have anything to compare it to...) But the temp control works well and it heats up well, so I like it.