Eclipse blades by Riedell?

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by luna_skater, Mar 1, 2012.

1. luna_skater

luna_skater Well-Known Member

Has anyone used these, or heard anything about them? Here's a link to their website: http://www.eclipseblades.com/index.html

It looks like they're fairly new; launched in 2011. There are skater testimonials on the site, but not many from names I recognize.

I'm getting back on the ice after 3.5 years off, and will need new blades in the near future if I keep skating regularly. The blades I'm in now are Gam G10s, which it looks like aren't in production anymore. However, I'd likely go back to a synchro blade (I skated in synchro blades for 10 years before switching back to a freeskate blade), or try dance blades, as I don't really plan to work on freeskate any more. I was re-learning single jumps and basic spins when I quit, but really just want to get back on the ice to work on turns and edges. Some of the testimonials favorably compare the Eclipse dance blade to the MK Dance, which is a good sign, but I'm wary of trying a blade that hasn't been on the market very long.

Opinions appreciated!
  2. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

I've only seen them - they are nice looking blades. If you get them, let us know how you like them. I'm in the Ultima Matrix now and am rather meh about them - I think I prefer the old style ones.
  3. Hanna

Hanna Wheeeeeeeeeee

When I got my Coronation Ace blades last fall, the pro shop asked if I wanted to consider the Eclipse Mist blades instead (I got to see them). I still decided to go with John Wilson since the Eclipse blades are new to the market and therefore I didn't really know anything about them. The pro shop said they are supposedly very good (although my pro shop is slightly pro-Riedell in general). That's all I know.
  4. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

You're the first person I've heard say "meh". I'd say 75% of our rink is in these now. I have the matrix legacies and LOVE them. Especially how they make it sound like I have great edges, they rip nicely. Killer toe pick though- I'm much scratchier than I used to be.