DWTS- who's the deadest weight?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by haribobo, Oct 5, 2010.

?

Who's the worst?

1. Audrina

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Margaret

8.6%
  3. Jennifer

2.5%
  4. Kyle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Brandy

1.2%
  6. Rick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Kurt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Situation

70.4%
  9. Florence

3.7%
  10. Bristol

13.6%
  1. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Who needs to be voted off the island?

2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

BRISTOL!

3. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

The Situation needs to go.

And, I hate to say it, but Corky's Standard/Smooth isn't good enough and it's dragging Florence down. Kills me, as he's the best Latin dancer on the show (I don't think Louis/Karina at their peak could have beaten Corky/Shirley at theirs.)

Margaret also has to go. Not good enough for regular pro-am. Then Kurt, Bristol and Brandy, all of whom are just okay, then Kyle who's gimmicky (also hampered by Lacey not being very good Smooth/Standard), and Audrina, Jennifer, and Rick duke it out for the win.

4. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

The Situation or Margaret. Her energy was good, she started fine, but she ended up clomping all over the place. Don't know what happened there.

Bristol needs a light, happy dance like Kurt had to help her open up a little. Intense isn't working for her.

Danceronice knows waaaaaaaaaay more about this stuff than I do, but I don't see Kyle as gimmicky in the least. He's charming and hardworking and I really want to see him make the top three.

5. Norlite

Norlite New Member

Another vote for Bristol.

6. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

It's a four-way tie between Margaret, Kurt, The Situation and Florence. If Bristol has more performances like tonight, she should be in this group as well.

I can't wait until the top five of Rick, Audrina, Kyle, Jennifer and Brandy. Then the show is going to be very exciting to watch. :cheer2: :respec:

7. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

Bristol was plain awful. I can't believe that Bruno gave her 7 for that dance. Even the 6's by the other two were a bit too high. Are they afraid of Sarah's wrath if they gave her daughter the low marks she deserved? I would love to see her leave. Next in line Margaret, then the Situation (but he has improved).

8. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

I was pleasantly surprised by Kyle tonight. First two weeks I thought he was clunky; just smiling happily a lot, but tonight I liked his expression and his dance. It was sincere. He does need to improve his footwork though (as they said).

I am also pleasantly surprised by Kurt. I am rooting for him to stay on the show as long as possible. He looked awkward in week 1, but the jive in week 2 really suited him. It hid his problem areas (posture, arms). Tonight's Fox trot had the arms problem but overall I liked the way he danced. He seems to truly enjoy the experience.

So my choice was Bristol, with Margaret a distant second.

9. Wyliefan

It's just possible that they noticed that Bristol actually danced, even if she danced without expression, while Margaret clomped. The "D" in DWTS stands for "Dancing," not "Dramatizing."

10. Aimless

Aimless New Member

Um, I know I'm off topic and I'm embarrassed and afraid to ask. I've never seen so much as a minute of "The Jersey Shore." Yes, as a matter of fact I do live under a rock. So why is he called The Situation? Something to do with endowment?
    I'm voting for him to go next.

11. soxxy

soxxy Guest

It refers to his abs. He has some sort of foolish explanation, which I forget.

12. danceronice

*sigh* I HATE that I know this but apparently when he shows his abs it always causes a "situation."

DWTS, I hate you for making me know that.

When I say Kyle's gimmicky--he's not a bad dancer. But they've done "cute and funny" way too much.

And why Bristol's doing better than Florence, Margaret and the Sit: she's actually dancing. Her technique's quite good. She looks like a (pretty gifted, if she's really coming in with no prior experience) pre-bronze/bronze I girl-obviously worrying more about "am I doing this right?" than "it's closing time and the rent is due so sell it!" but she at least can keep a smile on and that's more than most at that level can manage. Mark is apparently a very good teacher. And I'd really rather see that than what happens frequently on DWTS, which is people being thrown into Open routines that are VASTLY beyond their capacity (like Margaret's--that samba was way beyond her capabilities, plus she didn't even look like she was enjoying it by the end.)

13. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

The Situation.

Bristol, Florence and Margaret are bad dancers but they attempt to dance. The Situation looks like he is walking fast and not very well.

14. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

The Situation. Florence, Bristol and Margaret aren't great, but at least they're trying and semi entertaining. The Situation is just annoying.

15. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Jersey Shore is all about trashy people doing trashy stuff, right? (I've never seen an episode...) So I can see people not liking The Situation. But as far as his appearances on DWTS, I've only seem him work hard, be agreeable and defer to the judges.

So what makes him annoying? :confused:

16. mpal2

mpal2 Well-Known Member

I'll bite.

He gave himself a nickname and it's a stupid one.
    1. You shouldn't give yourself a nickname. I can't give you a good reason why but it's just not right.
    2. If you do that, make it a good one.

I can't get past that.

17. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Yes. The next 3 after The Situation and Karina should be Margaret (much as I love Louis) then Florence then Bristol. Actually we can take out the Ballas family in anyorder. Bristol actually can dance. She's not an actress who can pretend to dance like Margaret or Florence so they get the nod before her.

Kurt can stay so Anna gets to stay. Actually, I just like the pros this time. Except Derek. I despise Brandy/Moesha but don't want to lose Maks. Rick and Cheryl are hot together. I'm thrilled Tony got a good partner and will vote for them if they make the top 3. Disneyboy can go as number 4.

18. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Can we start a poll of the pros who are dead weight?

19. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I hope the top 5 are Jennifer, Kyle, Tony, Audrina, and Bristol.

20. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

The Situation is painful to watch. He may be willing, but they guy has two left feet and clumps with both of them! I feel the same way about Margaret.

21. Wyliefan

Isn't Tony one of the pros?

22. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Sorry, I meant Rick :p lol

23. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

To me, that reality buffoon should never have been cast, so I can happily dislike him for that reason alone. :p

But, the first episode with him complaining about being too busy to rehearse really cemented my dislike for him.

If we had more choices, Bristol would be second since she doesn't look happy and Margaret (same reason).

Oh, and Brandy - she's not good enough to be a diva. :drama:

24. danceronice

That's probably the only time I'd vote FOR Derek in something.

25. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

^What they said. He just has an arrogance about him, although admittedly it hasn't been as bad as expected, but still. He just rubs me the wrong way.

26. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

The deadest weight is probably Margaret. Her dancing hovers dangerously near Michael Bolton territory, and she always seems to be crying or something, which is weird to me since she's supposed to be a comedienne - less crying and more laughs, please! However, her parents in the audience are totally adorable.

The Situation can also go at any time (although I admit to bias since I think his nickname is just. so. ridiculous)

Can Bristol also please go soon? Sorry but she's not even a z-list celebrity, she's really dull, and I don't want to see any more clips of her "do as I say, not as I do" speeches (and I reeeally don't want to see Ms. "Dontcha Know" in the audience again).

Norlite and (deleted member) like this.