DWTS Season 22 3-21-2016

Desperado

O.k. this makes me a total cougar :cat:....but who is the gorgeous male dancer in the chorus that previously was a Michael Jackson tour dancer? :hat1: :summer:

I hope he can do ballroom and they give him a celebrity next season. I haven't noticed him before. Is he new?

I'm just not that into DWTS this season, but he got my attention tonight :eek:
Right there with you! :D

BaileyCatts

None other than one of my all time favorite headcase skaters....Nicole Bobek. I loved her. While everyone was rooting for Michelle or Tara, I was rooting for Nicole. :D (But I love Michelle and Tara too).

Wowzas! I thought that was Nicole, but the image in my head is still of that 1995 bubbly teenager. :lol: Nicole Bobek ... now THERE is a skater I would like to see on DWTS! She certainly has the personality and showmanship. She's got the redemptive storyline. She'll definitely bring some drama. Somebody drop her name to the producers and get her on the show! ;)

Scrufflet

Wowzas! I thought that was Nicole, but the image in my head is still of that 1995 bubbly teenager. :lol: Nicole Bobek ... now THERE is a skater I would like to see on DWTS! She certainly has the personality and showmanship. She's got the redemptive storyline. She'll definitely bring some drama. Somebody drop her name to the producers and get her on the show! ;)
Good idea! Actually, I would have thought they'd have asked Tonya H. by now. Or maybe they did?

sodapop

O.k. this makes me a total cougar :cat:....but who is the gorgeous male dancer in the chorus that previously was a Michael Jackson tour dancer? :hat1: :summer:

I hope he can do ballroom and they give him a celebrity next season. I haven't noticed him before. Is he new?

I'm just not that into DWTS this season, but he got my attention tonight :eek:

Shannon Holtzapffel. I may, uh, have done some research after seeing him. :swoon: He's definitely replaced the departed Henry Byalikov for troupe eye candy. It seems his background isn't in ballroom so we may not see him partnered up in the future. Although, that didn't stop them from casting Allison Holker.

I'm liking the troupe this season. I like Alan a lot. Hopefully one of these days Jenna will get a pro. She certainly deserves it. Some of my favs ever started in the troupe. Tristan, who I still miss but at least Strictly gets him, and Artem (although he had already been a Strictly pro winner) both started in the troupe.

Johnny_Fever

None other than one of my all time favorite headcase skaters....Nicole Bobek. I loved her. While everyone was rooting for Michelle or Tara, I was rooting for Nicole. :D (But I love Michelle and Tara too).
I saw Nicole walking through the audience at the 97 Nationals. You could spot her a mile away.

pixie cut

Tristan, who I still miss but at least Strictly gets him, and Artem (although he had already been a Strictly pro winner) both started in the troupe.

Tristan quit Strictly after last season. Unclear what he's doing these days.

Peta also started in troupe, but was bumped up to pro after one season. Same with Witney.

Henry, Sasha and Jenna all seemed in a permanent troupe holding pattern. Thankfully, Sasha has finally broken free.

Rob

Beach Bum
Sharna and Emma were troupe too. And I think Lindsay Arnold went from pro to troupe and back to pro.

pixie cut

Sharna and Emma were troupe too. And I think Lindsay Arnold went from pro to troupe and back to pro.

Gleb was introduced as a pro and then went to troupe. He now seems to be sought after for the shows in Europe, first Russia and then Strictly.

Desperado

So Sharna's partner is really taking dancing seriously and working harder - so much so that they had to hide his dance in smoke and darkness. OK then. Oh and I thought I had seen little slipage with her dress. Gotta love Tom! :D

screech

I Thought I saw Alex there!!! Glad to know I wasn't hallucinating.

So I think the right people went home. Wonder if Sasha will end up in his crab costume now that he'll be a background dancer for the rest of the season.

I was so disappointed with both of the group numbers. Not nearly enough James Brown in the guys, though HUGE kudos to them for putting the deaf guy in front as the leader. And the ladies were just boring. Definitely enjoyed seeing Val and Mark dancing together, though. Can't believe that Beyonce was chosen as the icon to do the team dance to. I mean really? Really?

Paige and Ginger were definitely the best this week, though I don't know that I would have given either perfect 30s. Ginger had a few arm movements where she just threw them out instead of elegantly moving them, but it was nice that she actually danced the whole time, and she just had the right feeling tonight. I also thought her feet came off the floor when Val was spinning her around. Paige's jive was completely crazy amazing, but I saw a few times where there was a lack of unison, and her flicks and kicks looked a bit awkward at times. But holy intense dance!! And great incorporation of Tina!

jkl

I'm curious as to whether or not doing DWTS is on the Shibsibs radar in 2018 ( after the Olympics). Meryl and Charlie were very popular contestants and I am sure the Shibs would be also. DWTS would love to play up the brother vs. sister story line.

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
So Sharna's partner is really taking dancing seriously and working harder - so much so that they had to hide his dance in smoke and darkness. OK then.
I had similar thoughts -- I didn't think that Antonio was any better than Von and would have preferred that both of them were eliminated last night rather than Kim.

I thought that Ginger and Val's waltz was lovely -- easily her best dance imo. And Paige and Mark's jive was so insane -- in terms of tempo, interpretation, and difficulty -- that I wasn't going to quibble a bit with the scores despite some minor issues (or the fact that she is this season's ringer :shuffle:). I was impressed that Nyle's posture was improved (less hunched over at the shoulders) but also agreed with Len's comments about Nyle's posterior. In that respect Nyle reminded me a bit of James from S18 (Peta was his pro, too). But that IS being nit-picky. :lol:

jkl

When the voted off contestants appeared on GMA Von was not there. All that was said was that he could not make it. I'm guessing had he gone to the Broncos voluntary training camp it would have been mentioned.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
I unfortunately figured Kim would fall victim in the double elimination. I was surprised that Von left before Antonio, though. I figured they were splitting the NFL vote, so I am guessing Antonio will last a few more rounds, now.

Paige's jive was :eek: wowza! I had to watch it twice. I wish I had that kind of energy she displayed!

Group dances were both :blah: Probably was partially due to the music cuts, probably was partly due to it being a freestyle group dance. I think we'd see a lot more tighter dancing and choreography if they were assigned a ballroom style to perform to.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
The guys group was good. I attribute the level of commitment to the amount of input the celebs had in the choreography. The gals didn't seem to have any.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I was surprised by the 10's for Paige's jive. It was high energy but most of it was her shimmying in place even when Val did steps.

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
I was surprised by the 10's for Paige's jive. It was high energy but most of it was her shimmying in place even when Val did steps.
Mark. Val was waltzing around with Ginger. ;) If you watch it again -- there actually were a lot of steps and complicated flicks. A lot of the "shimmying" were the iconic Tina Turner moves. I thought it deserved 10s as much as Ginger/Val's waltz did.

taf2002

Mark. Val was waltzing around with Ginger. ;) If you watch it again -- there actually were a lot of steps and complicated flicks. A lot of the "shimmying" were the iconic Tina Turner moves. I thought it deserved 10s as much as Ginger/Val's waltz did.

"Tina Turner moves" is not a jive. And I did see the steps & flicks, just not as many from Paige as from Mark. I was surprised Len didn't call them on it. And whether Ginger/Val deserved their 10's has nothing to do with my post about Paige. FTR I like Paige & vote for her every week.

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
"Tina Turner moves" is not a jive. And I did see the steps & flicks, just not as many from Paige as from Mark. I was surprised Len didn't call them on it.
No, she didn't but I don't think that there is a requirement that both dancers do equal number of any dance move. I thought that she did enough jive elements in the routine. The Tina Turner stuff was the interpretation that I thought all were supposed to be doing in their interpretation of "icons.
And whether Ginger/Val deserved their 10's has nothing to do with my post about Paige. FTR I like Paige & vote for her every week.
I mentioned the marks for Ginger/Val because I thought that the judges were being consistent, as there were things in their routine that could have been "dinged" down to a 9 if the judges wanted to. Anyway, we disagree about Paige's performance and that's certainly OK. :) Glad that you have been voting for her. This year I haven't voted for anyone yet, which feels a bit strange as I usually am motivated to do so much earlier in the season. Not sure why I have been so unmotivated.

taf2002

I only do the online voting. As the Brits say, I can't be arsed to pick up the phone.

Desperado

What is with all the bowing down to Keo? Have they ever worked so hard to make any pro feel better about bad press? (King Derek excluded of course.) Sounds like Jodie is leaving tonight is spite of her tens, just like they were super nice to Kim last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information