DWTS Nov. 12

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by pixie cut, Nov 12, 2012.

1. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

DWTS is done in LA.
    If the celebrity has obligations elsewhere during the week, they rehearse when/wherever they can fit it in.
    Sometimes that means thousands of miles in the air.

Remember Evan's season, when he was skating, and doing DWTS?

2. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

I just meant for Len and Bruno, they're doing Strictly Come Dancing in London too so they're having to do at least one return flight a week while both shows are on!

3. luenatic

luenatic Well-Known Member

I think Shawn needs the help of Jujubee. Jujubee can really teach Shawn how to project/emote facial expression while dancing.

4. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

honestly, that is a great idea.

5. Alixana

Alixana who is on vacation!!

omg, I need glasses or to lay off the wine. I read Jujubee and my first thought was .. Ms. Jay from ANTM. Huh? :rofl:

6. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

Yeah, and they've been doing that for a few years now. It's always amazed me.

7. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

What's really amazing is that on Strictly, Len is the NICE one.

8. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

^ Good gawd, Len is the nice one? Who are the other judges! :eek:

I really thought Gilles would be in the Finals. Yeah I know he was getting kinda cocky, and I didn't like him as much this round as I did before, but he's still a better dancer. Oh well, I want Shawn or Melissa to win anyway so whatev. :p I would like Melissa to win simply for Tony to get the win. Derek has won enough.

9. smileyskate

smileyskate New Member

I will miss Gilles. Whoever gave him that choreo for the group the other week where he stares down at upside down Peta's spread legs did not help him any. His character was obviously not a "nerd" who would be shocked by that (as was already acted out by another dancer on a previous season). Plus, they should have thought of something else instead of that as a filler.

Speaking of a past season, Marie Osmond has a daytime talk show on the "Hallmark Channel". I think she will have Mary Murphy of SYTYCD on today. I have only seen bits of the show so I really don't know much more about it other than it seems pretty relaxed. She had come through the front door of her house (the set) and sit and visit with her on comfy chairs.

10. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

salon.com published an excerpt of Penn Jilette's recent book "Every Day Is an Athiest's Holiday," mostly about his experience on "The Celebrity Apprentice," and he wrote the following about DWTS:

11. LadyNit

LadyNit moving right along Staff Member

Off topic and random: Hope Solo (who accused Max of smacking her during their DWTS partnership) was in the news here in Seattle because allegedly she was assaulted by her fiance the night before their wedding. Then she made the papers again a few days later because they were married pretty much the same day he was released. Me thinks this couple is in for a rocky ride.

12. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

Gee, what gives you that idea? She seems like a nut...

pixie cut and (deleted member) like this.
  13. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

I'm not sure this makes it worse, but, according to this report on Yahoo it sounds more like a mini-brawl: both Solo and her brother, who was the one who called 911 over her protests, had injuries and bleeding, and so did another woman in the house. Solo's fiance, former Seattle Seahawk Jerammy Stevens, had blood on him and his clothing, and after being found between the wall and the bed, insisted he was asleep during the fight.

This story said Solo's brother used a stun gun on a group of men who hadn't been invited to whatever party they were throwing. This and that Hope Solo and Stevens had been together for two month.

We need a vBet on whether the marriage will last days, weeks, a month, months, etc.

Oy.

14. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

We should probably measure it in units of Kardashians, too. I give them one and a half Kardashians.

(And either Hope Solo has the WORST luck in history when it comes to running into men, all strangers to each other, from completely different walks of life and in totally different types of relationships with her, who are just prone to random violence against a woman, or...well, there's only one common denominator in these stories of hers.)

15. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

I kinda missed Tonya Harding and her antics...oh, wait. Hope Solo.

pixie cut and (deleted member) like this.
  16. suep1963

suep1963 Well-Known Member

Sounds like he's a real gem!