DWTS Nov. 12

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by pixie cut, Nov 12, 2012.

1. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

LOL, Kirstie..."You're both of similar heights, you're both freakin' hot...**** the dancing!"

2. danceronice

...Her costume looked like a house coat.

3. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

The wings look a little ragged

4. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

it was big enough to open and pull out Want and Ignorance

Nan and (deleted member) like this.
  5. danceronice

Okay, I laughed hard enough my dog was looking at me like WTF? I can't rep, but I would if I could...

6. danceronice

Okay, Val, we get it, you're younger than Louis. All things being equal he would STILL whip your butt. Kelly kind of vanished in that, but that would be hard not to unless you were Karina or Yulia.

7. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Who was Kelly's partner in the first season?

8. Alixana

Alixana Definitely NOT a sonogram

Alec Mazo

9. Alixana

Louis beats Val .. hands down :)

10. Alixana

So Emmett lets Kym and Cheryl do all the work

Sassafras and (deleted member) like this.
  11. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

Emmett didn't do anything, even my husband noticed

12. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

Heck, even my cat noticed! For that he gets a 30!!

13. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

Man is Kelly getting hosed...

14. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Shawn did more samba in her dance than Emmitt danced in that number.

kwanfan1818 and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

I thought Shawn's second dance was an excellent dance, like a freestyle, and incorporated three dancers pretty seamlessly. But as a samba? It was a little light, lol. But I think no one should be surprised by now that Derek is mainly aiming for viewers votes at the expense of the judges...pretty much all their dances have been rulebreakers. I think they'll be fine but if they make the final and it's Giles and Shawn again, Derek is going to wish he had the judges on his side because that's tipped the scales in Shawn's favor last time.

What dances do Shawn and Derek have left; anyone know? I know they haven't done an Argentine Tango.

16. pair mom

pair mom New Member

He's always been a major 'hottie' for me! He connected better on his first season when he was partnered with Julianne but I'm loving the major lack of shirt the past couple of weeks! :swoon: Why let Val take all the 'skin time'! And Apolo has some major, major shoulders! Yum! ;)

17. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

What song was that? (I wasn't able to watch tonight)

18. danceronice

Arms of the Angel. AKA "that song from the ASPCA commercials with all the sad kitties and puppies." It's either about OD or suicide, and a real person.

Was it me or were the dances all REALLY short?

Though my favorite musical WTF of the night is Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone" as a quickstep, complete with one of the singers bungling the lyrics and trying to cover by mumbling the line.

19. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

They seriously need to get a new crop of singers or dump the vocals altogether and go with recordings like SYTYCD does. I swear, more often than not when I watch, I think that if I were ever on that show I'd demand instrumental music for every single dance. I'd be willing to do any choreography the pro put out there, but I'd totally cash in my diva card and demand no singers.

20. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

Just watching back now. Just a few thoughts:

Loved Shawn- don't care if it wasn't a Samba- it was fabulous.

When Melissa came out for her first dance, all I kept thinking was that she looked like MaryAnn from Gilligan's Island

I was surprised at how built Louis is- for some reason he always seemed very small to me.

I am sooooo over Gilles. I find him fake, pompous, and completely NOT sexy. He can go home.

Apolo, on the other hand, wow!!! I agree with whoever said that he went from cute to hot! Love him.

Love the ease with which Emmitt moves. He's so much fun!

21. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

I loved Shawn's second number. I knew Len was going to slam her good on the score, but a 7? I was expecting an 8.5 at the worst from him.

Shawn, Gilles and Melissa should be in the Final 3. I don't think it really matters who of Emmit, Apolo, Kirstie and Kelly goes this week and next, as long as its the four of them that go this week and next. :p

22. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

I would swap out Gilles and Apolo from your selections above - I agree with Twizzler's comments about him above.

23. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

I was both an Emmitt and Giles fan in their seasons but now I want Apolo to beat both of them. Shawn and Melissa can be the other two finalists, I agree.

24. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

That would be my final three as well. They probably are now doomed, except Shawn. :slinkaway

25. danceronice

Because he is. He's really short. That's actually more normal for Latin than tall guys like Tony, Maks, and Val. The girls in Latin in particular are practically midgets so while once in a while you'll get a gorilla-and-flea Russian-pairs-style couple, it's not common. It's just pictures and TV that makes some look taller. Yulia Zagoruchenko looks like six feet tall when you see her dancing on TV, but even in her Latin sandals she's shorter than I am in street shoes (5'4"). I had a group lesson from her old partner, Max, who looks even taller than she does when they danced together, and he's shorter than me in MY Latin shoes (which make me 5'7".) A lot of the guys will...exaggerate their height.

26. Nan

Nan Just me

Other than shaking his junk, I don't think I've seen Emmett do much of anything this season. Not a popular opinion with many, but there it is.

Gilles attitude is starting to bug me a lot. I don't remember this from his original season.

When Kelly and Val aren't pawing each other, she seemed to be clomping around, especially in her trio. It didn't matter much to me, I was way to busy watching Louis. He is a god!

Watching Kirstie's practice and scores was a hoot. I think she's danced her last, but I had a great time watching her.

I love Shawn, Melissa and Apolo and hope they are the final three. When I'm watching Shawn, I want her to win, the same with both Melissa and Apolo. There is no way I could pick a favorite. Maybe Melissa, I don't think I've ever seen Tony so happy and he really, really deserves a trophy. :lol:

27. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Agree 100%. It would be a travesty if they didn't make the finals.

28. NancyNC

NancyNC Well-Known Member

I really liked Melissa's dances. But am I the only one who was bugged when they sang Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy (which references being in the Army) while dressed in sailor costumes? :p

29. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

Nope, that bugged me too. :lol: But I think that navy and white made for a more eye-catching costume than olive drab/khaki would have.

30. Alixana

And then she could wear those gorgeous shoes! :D