DWTS April 12-13 : Kate will dance until you love her

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by deltask8er, Apr 12, 2010.

1. birdgal

birdgal New Member

She looked off last night, not her usual self. She looked like she was going to cry, when the scores were announced. She had an off night.

2. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

LOL. Aiden looks better than most average guys you see walking around the street. We can't expect all these celebrities to be gym rats. Besides, an ultra buff, 2% fat body isn't all that important when you have bedroom eyes and speak with an accent like Aiden does :lol:. His reheasal scenes with Edyta were funny.

Nicole's pillowcase outfit did her no favor. It looked thrown together at the last minute. She had good lines, but I didn't care for the dance too much.

I like Evan. I thought his movements could be much sharper though, and I found the Tango music he had was distractingly bad.

Pam did a good job with her dance. Understated and classy. I do wish that once she's done dancing and is in the fishbowl receiving her scores that she would drop the sex kittenish/bedroom act. She's more intelligent than that. Is there something going on between her and Damian? She's quite touchy, feely towards him :)

3. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

I was. I thought she was capable of doing so much more. Then again, I'm not a big fan of all these spiral sequences in skating, so maybe that's why. She seemed to do a lot of the dance version of them in that dance. :shuffle:

4. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

I just watched Pam's rumba again.. there's something about it that I just love! If Evan can't win this thing, I hope damn well that she can.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  5. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

And ironically enough, a step called a 'sprial' was required but isn't any one of the leg-in-the-air moves! It involves turning while stepping in a way that kind wraps one leg around the other. It's actually a bronze-level step and like most things in rhumba isn't especially flashy. That's why it tends to get a lot of the hyperextension moves, because especially at the lower levels it's not insanely exciting to watch.

6. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Evan! :cheer2::cheer2: I preferred last week's dance, but this wasn't bad. I love how he throws himself into each dance. I eagerly await the day he wears an outfit with a lil' bit of color though :lol:

Niecy's routine was sooo awkward. I'm guessing she lacks the flexibility to do some of the usual rumba "stretch out the leg" movements. For instance she probably couldn't have done Pam's split.

Speaking of whom... Pam was pretty good... but this is the rumba, the bedroom dance, so big surprise. Bedrooms are her specialty! :p She'll probably get the encore, but that's ok with me. Her boobies are truly an eyesore, though.

Everyone else was kind of forgettable for me, and as usual I FF'd through Kate's nonsense :blah::blah::blah:

I think Erin is in trouble. Danced first + sort of forgettable + a middling score + no rabid fanbase = potential Bottom 2.

7. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

I was thinking that last night. Dresses just like he does for skating! :rofl:

8. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Of course he does, but Edyta didn't need to rip off his shirt like he was Dmitry, Gilles, Maks. Or she needs to get him a spray tan! (Derek and Mark can keep their shirts on too!)

Me too, it makes her look like a nutcase. She's too mature for the kitten act!

9. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

Yeah. I don't think I've seen Evan dance live once. I watch House and then switch over to DWTS.

Kate clearly brings in viewers. Lots of people like to see a trainwreck. I think the few people who do like her will definitely vote for her. Tony pretty much guaranteed she'd get votes this week when he said that, if she let his custody nonsense get to her with the dancing, then he would win.

10. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

I hope you're not right about Erin, but I'm afraid that you could well be. :( It would make me :mad: if Erin left the show before Kate. :lynch:

She maybe be to mature for a "kitten" but she's certainly not yet to the stage of Grizabella. :lol: I've like Pamela on the show so far -- just wish that her hair weren't always in her face!

11. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/04/12/evan-lysaceks-dwts-blog-its-time-to-tango/

Evan's blog outlining exactly what happens on Monday show days:

Anna and I get to the studio around 10 a.m. and go directly to the wardrobe department to try on our costumes. Most couples have their final fittings over the weekend, but ours is done on Monday morning. The show’s amazing costumers, who are used to doing things on the fly, make the necessary adjustments to our outfits while we do a music check. That’s when we perform our routine with the show’s live band. After that, we take a break and have a bit of lunch before hitting the full dress rehearsal with the cast. That’s when we all run through the entire show from top to bottom.

We then have about one hour, generally from 3:30 until 4:30 in the afternoon, to relax in our trailers, listen to music, or go over our routines one last time. A lot of times the cast will visit with friends and family, and each other. I know I’ve mentioned before that we’re a pretty tight group, so during the final 30 minutes before we hit the air, we go around and wish each other good luck.

12. sk8sue

sk8sue SHERLOCKED

Chad and Jake are safe right off the top of tonight's show.

13. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Len wants to see "less" of Edyta? How is that possible! This ain't cable afterall. :lol:

Yes, I know what he really meant. But that's the first thing I thought of. :p

14. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

"I'm not like other people, I'm an artist"? Seriously? Like non-artists don't care about their work and criticism?

15. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

"I'm an artist, I'm not like other people" :rolleyes:

Pretentious much, Nicole?

16. Aaron W

Aaron W New Member

Oh how I hope Pamela is safe tonight!

17. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Does anyone recall a night where the encore dancer was eliminated?

18. AYS

AYS Cruder than you thought

Ugh, Nicole. That wasn't likeable. :drama:

19. shsocu

shsocu Active Member

I think Steve Guttenburg(sp?) was

20. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Who is the singer and the backups with the rainbow hair?

Never mind I figured out who she was at the end.

21. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

Nicole's comment was unproper and in a way it showed that she is a sore loser.

22. Matryeshka

Sade, as always, performed her miraculous cure for insomnia. Chelsie and Damian was HAWT. I need those flower things in the back-up singers hair.

23. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Evan safe.

24. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Yay, Evan safe!

25. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Edyta didn't wear clothes when she was 12. :rofl:

26. Matryeshka

Niecy and Evan. The mind boggles.