DWTS All-Stars Week 2

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by danceronice, Oct 2, 2012.

1. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

She's a spoiled bint with a crappy attitude. Plus her dance last night completely sucked. Like AYS said, I guess there are more rednecks out there voting than I had thought. Blech.

NancyNC, ArtisticFan, Norlite and 7 others like this.
  2. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

There's a double elimination next week?? WHY?

(I know it's because they have more couples than usual, but why does it have to be this early?)

3. mtnskater

mtnskater Well-Known Member

Given the throngs of crazies who supported momma Palin for VP and made her outrageously wealthy in the blink of an eye, I knew they would be out in force again for the all-star season as soon as Bristol was named to the cast. Now her mom's throng of crazy followers is making Bristol rich...probably richer than any of us on these boards. All she has done is get pregnant at 15 and have a mother who rocketed to fame as the red-neck/evangelical crowd's populist leader. Only in America :scream:

I almost did not tune in this season but decided to accept that Bristol would remain for quite some time, knocking off some very good dancers, all because a chunk of viewers see this as a political vote....not just a dancing contest. In no way did Joey deserve to go home before Bristol, but I suspect she will continue to knock off some very good dancers. For some strange reason I am tempted to start voting for her and make this even more farcical than it already is :rofl:

4. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

Now, now... ;)

5. Rogue

Rogue Sexy Superhero

Actually, the Vote for The Worst crew is keeping her on the show. They did well keeping Sanjaye (sp?) on American Idol, so I expect we'll see Bristol around for awhile.

http://www.votefortheworst.com/story/668694/bristol-palin-safe-and-the-fun-beginsnow

I still haven't seen any evidence of her work ethic being any better than any of the rest of the contestents, except for Pam Anderson who is already gone. I did watch some clips of her reality show on TLC and saw a distinct lack of work ethic (plus a foul-mouthed son).

6. tarotx

tarotx Well-Known Member

Bristol was 17 when she got pregnant. If you going to be annoyed with her, at least have that right. She has actually done a lot with her life since then even if you don't like her and think she's classless. The two things don't go hand in hand.

Sarah's fans may be voting for her but they aren't doing it as a political statement but because they like and support Sarah and her family. And really calling them crazies is juvenile imo.

And just to clarify, I'm not voting for Bristol. I love Shawn, Giles and Sabrina.

numbers123 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

It should have been Bristol based on dancing, but we know this isn't a dancing contest, its a popularity contest, so I'm not surprised. Although, I figured that Pam, Bristol, Kirstie, Joey, Drew, Kelly and Helio :wuzrobbed would probably be the first 7 people voted off ... in some order, because really they are kinda the B players. It just probably won't be in the order I would have liked.

Next week I think I'll be voting for Helio like a tween, even with my stoopid slow computer that takes forever to vote on. :p

8. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Past season question: Was Gilles the one who was dancing and like ripped a bicep right at the end of his dance? I know Cheryl was the partner. I remember whoever it was, when it happened I remember thinking the guy was overly pumped up when the dance started, so it didn't surprise me when that happened. Was that Gilles?

9. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

That was Cristián de la Fuente Sabarots and it happened during the season Kristi won.

10. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

Kelly wasn't in the bottom. She and Val were the couple declared "in jeopardy" to keep suspense of the bottom two until the end of the show.

Ratings have been down for the show since last fall, although season 14 did slightly better than season 13. The producers decided to book Bristol because they perceived her as a better ratings draw than any of the other female celebrities from previous seasons who were willing to compete in an all-star season. I'd feel better about it if I thought the people who vote for her actually watched the show, but I think they just vote to make their point without seeing a single dance. That's the way it goes. :shuffle:

11. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

That was special; as was the dance that accompanied them.

12. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

I just wish they'd picked a song that really spoke to THEIR strength, not a cheesy pop ballad from "Moulin Rouge." The dance was also kind of meh, just a lot of rumba done at high speed--it's not a very danceable song.

13. skatesindreams

They have to appeal to the DTWS audience.
    "Moulin Rouge" was familiar to/popular with them.

That said, they sang very well.

14. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

Why on earth would people care enough about the results of a reality show to vote on a person/dance that they didn't watch?

I voted for Bristol this time for two reasons. First, I thought the judges were a bit too harsh on her. Second, I want Drew gone before her - he just rubs me the wrong way. Plus, Bristol, Joey, Drew and Kirstie are all at about the same level, as far as I am concerned. I wouldn't want to see Bristol last much past them, but for right now I don't think she's in the wrong place.

15. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

my co worker has never watched a season but has an auto dialer set up to vote for kelly. i dont get why she just doesnt watch if she cares so much.

16. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

What does Kelly do in real life again? I'm getting more and more out of touch with people I'm supposed to know about, apparently. Was reading a woman's magazine while getting a pedicure and realized I had never heard of half the starlets in it.

17. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I have the same issue -- I think it is that she's got the bobblehead look. It isn't just her chest that makes her top heavy - her head is not in proportion to her shoulders, and that always looks unbalanced in dance.

18. skatesindreams

Long-time lead actress on "General Hospital".

19. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

Seriously?

I really must live in an alternate universe from some people. I wouldn't dream of even thinking about doing something like that. :lol:

20. my little pony

i cant even be bothered with shows i like most of the time

21. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

I just think she's got a lousy attitude and personality.

22. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I wouldn't know how even if I wanted to do it. :shuffle:

23. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Same here.

24. skatesindreams

Ditto!

25. my little pony

her nephew set it up both times, the first time in season one he was about 12

26. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Did you see the Punked episode when her car got towed from a restaurant and she had to pay to get it back and then they switched it and smashed it up. She unleased a stream of @#$%&$%&@.

27. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Yep. She alternates between fake and sour to me. But then I didn't like her way back when, so it's unlikely that'll change now.