DWTS All-Stars Week 2

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by danceronice, Oct 2, 2012.

1. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I can't put my finger on it, either.

I suspect that Cheryl had a lot to do with his success the first time around.
    He doesn't have her to rely on, now; and his weakness is showing.

The judges are doing their best to "help" Sabrina, since she went home early before.
    They can't give her a personality that makes me want to vote for her.

2. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I don't think Drew was bad. It's just that there are several better dancers than he is this season. His outfit made him look kind of funny around the torso area.

I like Shawn's dance. I don't know what more Len expected her and Derek to do out there.

Gilles :hat1:

3. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

it isnt shawn's fault but i thought she looked better with mark, i guess due to his height. for whatever reason, she reminds me of the world's greatest toddlers and tiaras contestant. i just cant enjoy her dancing but i acknowledge that it is better than average.

PRlady and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

I love Shawn. She can do the steps and she's very clean. But she doesn't manage to express the music. She doesn't have that much musicality.

5. Nan

Nan Just me

Apolo, Gilles and Shawn are becoming my favorites. Drew's attitude bugs me a lot. I'm not sure how I feel about Emmett.

I wouldn't mind seeing Joey for a few more weeks because he makes me smile, but I'm almost done with the "Kristie and Max" show. Bristol or Drew can go home.

6. peibeck

peibeck Counting down the days 'til Skate America

I couldn't pay attention to anything but Mak's ass in those white pants. :grope:

7. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Kirstie or Joey went home.

Last night, Kirstie was just totally outclassed in this field. Jive was a terrible dance for her to pull this early in the competition. It shows all her weaknesses. Also, I think in season 12 she had the element of surprise. Virtually no one expected her to be any good and when she was people were captivated. As a past finalist, she came into this season with high expectations and she's not seriously competing.

I'm really shocked by how bad Joey is. In his season he had excellent showmanship and solid technique even when he had extra pounds. Now he's sloppy, which I totally don't understand because he came into this season having just done the DWTS show in Las Vegas. Did he leave after only a couple of weeks? I'd be curious. Because I'd think someone who came off of a two-month run doing the dances in a show would be a top contender. I don't see him lasting past week four.

Bristol sucks, but I already know she's going to last far longer than her dancing merits. I'm just hoping it won't be to the final because against this group of celebrities that's ridiculous. I will say her body is in great shape.

Sabrina, Sabrina. She did a nice job, but the idea of finesse eternally eludes her.

Love me some Apolo and Gilles. Even Helio is bringing it better than I expected. Emmitt is good.

Drew is no longer young and eager. Now he's cranky and average.

As for Kelly, she's not great, but she's so much better than she was in season one. I hope this quiets forever anyone who has defended Alec Mazo's skills as a teacher and choreographer. He sucks. Val has proven that in spades these past two weeks. He's got Kelly moving, doing somewhat challenging choreography, expressing the music and looking like she's enjoying herself. What a pleasant surprise. I hope she sticks around a few more weeks.

8. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I'm surprised, also.
    He must realize his time is limited because he says "he's just there to have fun".

Drew doesn't dance/perform as though he cares if he stays or goes.

9. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

You don't think Drew was attacking his dance last night? It's true that he's no longer young - but neither anyone on the show ;) - but I thought he did well overall.

I don't think that's a fair assessment of Alec. Kelly today is a totally different woman than the one that first appeared on season 1. She's more experienced and comfortable in front of the audience/camera, and I wouldn't be surprised if she has kept up with some sort of dancing on and off throughout the years. I don't see how you can compare the Kelly of today with the one years ago and then blame the coach. I bet if Kelly had Val for season 1 she would still look like a stiff deer in the headlights during that season.

10. pixie cut

I think he attacked it, but I frankly found it sorely lacking.

I base my assessment of Alec on how badly he did with both Toni Braxton and his horrible work with Natalie Coughlin, who should have been a finalist if not for his terrible teaching and choreography. He can barely generate chemistry on the dance floor with Edyta. Celebrity partners never stood a chance. Thank goodness he mostly got the models. Two people's ruined potential is enough.

Kelly had already posed naked in Playboy before season one, so I think she had plenty of confidence in her body. I don't think she's danced over the years. I do think Val or Tony or Tristan or Louis would have done a better job with the Kelly of 2005 than Alec did. She's still stiff and not very fluid, but Val has brought out a lovely quality in her. I think he's probably a better teacher than Maks.

11. AYS

AYS Cruder than you thought

I've rooted for a lot of the dancers on this season, but when the chips are down, I am for Apolo and Shawn. I just love both of them, and thought they both did great last night - I hope they both get to the finals, and then maybe I'll choose (or not); also thought Sabrina and Helio were excellent (missed Gilles).

I hope Bristol, then Drew, then Kirstie go. I know Kirstie's not as good as Drew, but he's not likable to me at all.

12. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Bristol's dance had me in such bewilderment after it had finished that I sat there wondering what I had been smoking to have envisioned such a trainwreck. Then I realized that that dance had actually happened. :wideeyes:

13. pixie cut

I take her dances for what they are. After season 10, I learned to expect that she's going to stay despite terrible dancing. I am really disappointed with the producers for bringing her back. Did Lisa Rinna really say no? Come on, surely there were better choices.

14. my little pony

it's too bad there isnt too much work for silent film actresses, i think cheetahlicious would be good at that

15. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

I don't want Joey to go, :( he is too entertaining.

16. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

who's safe so far?

17. AYS

You have to be kidding me.

18. my little pony

i admit to being secretly happy that kelly is in the bottom and bristol isnt. i am not even sure why.

more importantly, real live singers. take that house band!

19. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

Now that just pissed me off.

20. AYS

Katherine Jenkins' voice is simply exquisite to me, and with Placido Domingo, just beautiful.

21. AYS

But yeah, back to business, Bristol safe. Ridiculous. I guess there are more redneck-loving, gun-toting folks voting than I thought. Sounds like Pennsylvania.

22. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

This is just wrong on so many levels!

23. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Katherine and Placido's number was beautiful and then add in Anna to make it even better.

I like a number of these dancers, but I'm probably rooting for Apolo, followed closely by Shawn and Gilles.

Uh oh, three of my faves in this group, and my faves did not include Melissa who is safe.

24. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Everytime someone posts something like this, it makes me glad Bristol is safe. Just FYI, a lot of people who are not redneck-loving, gun-toting folks like her because of her work ethic. The overall ratings for the show are down quite a bit. Most people I know don't really like the format because there's nobody to watch improve. She's the exception. They like Kelly for the same reason. The show isn't always about professional dancing.

25. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

Oh, :( bye, bye Joey, but out of those 3 couples in jeopardy I'm glad the other two stayed.
    And at least Joey gave us a good time with his dance.

26. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

Well, I'm not happy to see Bristol Palin safe but Joey was probably my least favourite so it's not an issue. Should she remain after the double elimination next week though, I'll be one annoyed trouper. (Trying to keep it clean here.)

Wish they would've asked Tristan for a dance...

27. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

Her attitude sucks. I did not think I could dislike that gum chewing brat any more than I did. Then she opens her mouth.

If people find her entertaining, good for them. I do not and will not.

Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
  28. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

Who was in jeopardy?

Man, I wanted Bristol or Kirstie to leave.

29. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Joey's out? That's just ridiculous. Bristol or Kelly should have gone. Bristol was awful. Kelly just acts like she's bored and too good for the show. I didn't like Kelly when she was on the first time. Kirsty is just plain old good TV. She is a total piece of work, but she is real and funny, and seems to really want to get better.

30. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

I just cannot like Kelly. There's something...I don't know, I just find her especially plastic.

I admit, I'm stunned Bristol and Kirstie weren't bottom two. Bristol was in over her head with...whatever Mark intended that choreography to be (I wish they wouldn't give them Open quickstep stuff like the Charleston, Apolo is the only one who's ever really done it well) and got the blank look, Kirstie's routine was just...yeah, I'm not sure what that was. Not enjoyable, though.

I didn't see Joey (was visiting and had to give up the TV for Warehouse 13) but he wasn't that great last week, so possibly I shouldn't be surprised.