DWTS All-Stars Week 2

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by danceronice, Oct 2, 2012.

1. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

What, no thread yet?

And honestly, Bristol's hold was bad (needs a lot softer knees and I'm thinking the boots did NOT help, plus...Mark, REALLY, you even make a QS raunchy?), but...after Louis and what's her name's foxtrot that wasn't (the Playboy mansion girl-Yankee Doodle Dandy) how did this (or Derek and Shawn last week) have any lack of hold/lack of character problems?

Also, I didn't actually find Melissa's jive truly jivey enough, but it was fun enough I don't care. Does Tony have a real shot this time? Talk about overdue....

2. smileyskate

smileyskate New Member

I will have to check that out. Really I wish that instead of 3 minutes of walking down stairs at the intro and watching them run up to that fishbowl thing, we condense that and in place show a pro doing some moves that the judges will be looking for (to introduce us to the types of dances) or more tech tips during practices. Anything like that, even if it's more behind the scenes comments that we didn't get to see night one...
    Maybe one of you can tweet the show or comment when you go online to vote (I don't do that it always acts up for me).

3. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

Chelsie sure can scream

4. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Apolo dancing to an old Tanith and Ben number :cheer: Easy to remember why I liked Apolo - charming, hard working and a good dancer.

5. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

I liked that quick step and I bet Karina will enjoy working with Apolo more than Billy Ray

6. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i have to say i enjoyed that from cheetalicious, louis took her natural ADD dance style and it to good use

7. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

I LIKED Sabrina's QS, but I wasn't exactly blown away. I would have had it on par with Apolo's. They're both good....

8. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

do we want to know why Max has latex gloves in his car?

9. my little pony

i hate kirstie's wig, she looks like mimi imfurst doing liza

Allen and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Kirstie and Bristol are really not in the same league as most of the other dancers we've seen tonight, but I do admire that they work hard and listen to their partners.

11. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Is it my imagination or are the singers worse than usual?

12. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

Hubby didn't notice Drew at all

13. my little pony

that version of creep was very squirrel nut zippers

14. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

Is Bristol chomping on gum????????

15. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

She's a redneck woman, remember

16. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Can we hear a chorus of Redneck Woman?

17. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

What were the scores?

18. my little pony

Sabrina Bryan and Louis Van Amstel: 26
    Gilles Marini and Peta Murgatroyed: 25.5
    Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough: 25
    Apolo Ohno and Karina Smirnoff: 24.5
    Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani: 23.5
    Helio Castroneves and Chelsie Hightower: 23
    Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke: 22.5
    Drew Lachey and Anna Trebunskaya: 22.5
    Joey Fatone and Kym Johnson: 22.5
    Kelly Monaco and Val Chmerkovskiy: 22
    Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 21
    Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas: 18

19. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

So who has the smallest fan base and therefore going home?

20. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I'm surprised Helio is placing above both Drew and Joey. What's going on with Drew? Does he lack chemistry with Anna? Is he not in fighting shape for this season?

21. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Judges need to be careful with Sabrina. She was good, but not first place good. They could create a backlash. Last time, they protected her with high scores, and as soon as she got middling ones, she was out the door. It could very well happen again this season. Louis is an amazing teacher though. He got a lot of her kinks out in just one week. Her topline and posture were great, but to the point of being unnatural, and I got that "trying way too hard" vibe.

Wasn't that crazy about Tony's choreo for Melissa. Shawn was very good. Kelly and Val continue to put a smile on my face. I enjoyed their dance best of the women for pure entertainment.

Bristol has got to go, lmao, there was not ONE redeeming quality. If you're slow, you should at least be good in hold. If you're gonna break the rules, you should at least do the steps well. She sucked at all of it, and worse yet, she did it very half-assedly, like even in the cowgirl move where she swung the lasso, she looked bored.

Apolo was amazing again. I loved how the crowd kept applauding louder and louder as his feet moved faster and faster... it's all about the talent. Joey was good, but clearly they want him out the first half. Emmit at least got some criticism, but got off pretty easy, and hasn't Cheryl worn that dress before? I really liked Helio too. Drew was meh, but that opening pose was amazing.

I must be the only one who is turned off by Gilles. :shuffle: He's very sexy and a great dancer, and he was great tonight, but I'd forgotten how annoying I found him on his season. It's the way he's constantly pandering for the votes; it seems so desperate. I prefer Kelly's low key personality or the way Apolo lets his dancing speak for him.

22. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

Loved Apolo's dance. Loved it.

He's still my favorite, I can't help it. I loved him with Julianne, and I love him with Karina. My favorite winner ever with my favorite pro. What's not to like?

I think Sabrina is far and away the best technical dancer on the show. But she sometimes tries too hard and that gets in the way. The music for her quickstep tonight was terrible, but her dancing was great. Her face while dancing? Not so great. She takes "ballroom face" to a whole new level and it detracts from her dancing.

I actually enjoyed her quickstep with Mark better.

23. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

Just watched tonight's show.

OMG Gilles is fantastic! Best of the night!

24. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Either Bristol or Kirstie will probably be the next two to go. They don't seem to be on par with the others in my book.

I loved Sabrina tonight, which is suprising cause she kinda annoys me. :lol:

But I'll be voting for Helio as long as I can. I just love him. He makes me smile.

So it sounds like next week each Star will pick a dance they did in a previous season? Did I hear that right?

25. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Yes, it was like "Look at me straaaaaaaining to hold this beautiful posture, it must be so easy for me because I have a BIG ASS GRIN on my face." But it was beautiful posture, indeed.

I think next week they have to reinvent a performance from the past with new choreography. I understood it to mean it could be someone else's dance. I would like to see Kelly or Peta do the samba in Julianne's tiger dress! :cool:

Does anyone know the name of the French song that Kirstie used?

26. zaphyre14

zaphyre14 Well-Known Member

Watching Sabrina in hold, all I kept thinking was that if leaned any further away from Louis, she'd fall on her head. It looked unnatural and uncomfortable and not at all pretty. I was surprised when the judges put her on top.

I liked Apolo and Shawn. Emmett looks okay for a big guy but I've never gotten the adoration the judges had for him in the first place.

The live singers made me cringe all night.

Bristol, Joey, Drew or Kristie can go home.

27. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Drew was B2 last week and pulls from the same fan base as the more likeable Joey. I would think he's next.

28. Spiralgraph

Spiralgraph Active Member

I loved the dress Kelly wore. Beautiful, flowing and perfect for her dance. I think she's doing better than Bristol or Kirstie.
    As for the guys, I think Apolo was the best, Karina gave him a lot of difficult choreography. I think Gilles is next and after that I can't judge.
    Who will leave tonight? I have no idea.

29. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

Bristol is just awful. I love Kristie but I have my doubts that she will have as long a run this time because there are so many good dancers. I still don't appreciate Sabrina.

30. my little pony

ita, drew was better last night but still not in the same league as everyone not named kirstie, bristol or joey and maybe kelly. but there is something about drew's personality that is irksome to me this time that wasnt there during his initial season. i wouldnt mind if he went tonight.

Sassafras and (deleted member) like this.