DWTS All Stars - Week 1 - 9/24

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Fridge_Break, Sep 25, 2012.

1. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Pam's leaving was no surprise.

With so many "competent" performers; people who ordinarily wouldn't have to worry about being "safe" - like Joey and Drew - are going to have to step it up every week to avoid being eliminated by those with even larger "voting blocs".

2. suep1963

suep1963 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if the votes are lower--too many people just don't know who to vote for yet, or are more even handed with spreading the votes? I don't think the voter blocks are out yet.

3. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

Kelly kept saying she'd never danced the cha cha. She didn't dance it during her season, but she did dance it on the show:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fFMZtt-CbU

If I were her I'd want to forget it. This dance is pretty awful.

Earlier in this thread someone wrote they didn't understand the Kelly love. I don't think it's love. I think it's just surprise in comparison to how she danced when she first did the show. See above.

4. skatesindreams

Some of the All-Stars, like Emmitt, will be "safe" - perhaps until the finals - because of their well-established fan bases.

5. Aimless

Aimless New Member

I think Drew's suit was what put him in jeopardy. The collar was way huge and up to his ears, so his neck looked short. And that shiny stiff fabric made him look stiff. Dress him better and he'll look more graceful.

6. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

I found Drew (this is the guy with Anna, right?) to be rather annoying. Is he supposed to be funny? Because it seemed to me that he had a big chip on his shoulder, and didn't like Anna one bit - and it didn't feel to me like he was kidding around.

Sassafras and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Nan

Nan Just me

^ That's what thought, too. I wasn't watching the season he won so I don't know if this is normal for him, or just a bad edit.

8. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

Was Anna his original partner?

9. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

no his partner was cheryl when he won

10. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

I wonder whether the pros themselves had input into their partners....e.g. did Cheryl get to say, I want Emmitt not Drew?

11. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

No, they didn't. If they did then all of the pro ladies would've made a dive for Gilles :lol:

12. pixie cut

More likely certain celebrities wouldn't sign on unless they get their former partners.

I don't know if anyone else recalls, but Emmitt and Cheryl danced the first encore dance on season three. This cha cha was actually much quicker and more complex. The stars just seem to be aligning. I'd be shocked if he doesn't make the final.

Someone earlier in the thread asked if Emmitt had continued to dance. I don't know about recently, but for two or three years after he won DWTS he had an endorsement deal with Arthur Murray studios. He was doing some dancing.

13. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

I did not watch his season and know nothing about him (other than being Nick's brother- and most of what I know about him is from The Sing Off lol) From what I saw on Monday night, it would not break my heart of he is the next dancer to go. Not because of dancing skills, more of an attitude thing. My perception of him was not positive.

14. frisette70

frisette70 Active Member

I don't think Mark would choose Bristol over Sabrina or Shawn ...:D

15. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Loved John O'Hurley! Thought he should have won from the first show of that season. He is/was the epitome of debonaire!

16. Gypsy

Gypsy Watching the Leaves Change!

17. skatesindreams

^^^
    It was wonderful of Justin to do that.

18. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

19. pixie cut

I think the singing is eh, but the tunes are kind of catchy. He at least does something. He doesn't just pose and pout.

He's a bit cocky, but seems good hearted and decent.

20. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

In an article that someone linked earlier in the thread they mentioned that a number of factors went into the pairings, including height. Drew is the shortest male celebrity this season, 2 inches shorter than Helio.

21. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

*snort* So THAT'S where some of their franchise fees go. (I'm not saying ALL AMs and FADS suck, as they're franchises so it really depends on what particular franchisee you go to, but...yeah. They're really, really good at creating emotionally-dependent students and charging LOTS of money.) Maybe Emmitt came in as a six-week wonder teacher....

22. skatesindreams

John O'Hurley "hooked" me on DWTS.

He said (in interviews) that he was helped considerably by his close friend Patrick Swayze.
    His DWTS experience gave him the confidence to audition for jobs he'd never considered before (musicals) - taking his career in a completely different direction.